MFGG Forums
Dealing with Stress - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Dealing with Stress (/showthread.php?tid=1053)

Dealing with Stress - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-12-2018

Stress stinks, yet it is something everyone goes through from time to time so it is important to know how to deal with it. Something that helps me sometimes is switching up my routine. This past week I was very stressed but I couldn’t tell why. When I looked back on this past month  I’ve been home I realized that every day I did almost the exact same thing. I decided to switch things up a bit and I felt better almost immediately. 

How to deal with stress varies depending on the person and what is causing the person to stress. What are some successful ways in which you guys have dealt with stress?

RE: Dealing with Stress - VinnyVideo - 06-12-2018

One thing that helps a lot is to take good care of your body - eating healthy (at least most of the time), getting sufficient sleep, and exercising regularly. Having a healthy body won't make all your problems go away, but you will be better equipped to deal with stress when you take good care of your body.

(Especially the exercise part - I always feel better and more focused after I move the bod for a little while.)

RE: Dealing with Stress - Kritter - 06-12-2018

Stress and anxiety can be crippling. Doing the same things every day is definitely something that can lead to feeling anxious. During the first year or so of my son's life I was basically doing the same things day in day out, coupled with a general lack of sleep due to needing to tend to him in the night, it was pretty much a massive downer and stress and anxiety doesn't even begin to cover how I'd feel after a while. It helps to get out every now and then and take some time for yourself (depending on your age I suppose). Also helps to have people to talk to about it, professionally or otherwise.

RE: Dealing with Stress - Mariotroid - 06-13-2018

I deal with stress best by talking about my feelings with friends. If a person lends an ear they will change your heart and you'l feel better. You'l realize people can relate and that will cause feeling of happiness. Output is also a lot better than input. So recognize your feelings and that they are there and go from there.

RE: Dealing with Stress - Q-Nova - 06-21-2018

One thing I usually do, especially when experiencing any stress and anxiety, is to think positively. Rather than constantly worrying about the worst possible outcomes, I tend to think about the best possible outcomes of what I've been doing. When facing problems, I try to think about any solutions to them. There are some games I have started in the past but never finished since I kept on feeling like I'll never finish them and even if I did, they wouldn't be well-received, and I eventually lost interest in them. On the other hand, in recent times, when working on projects, I usually have thoughts about that I'll get them finished one day and at that point, they'll be awesome. The result? Progress goes smoothly and they even get completed!

RE: Dealing with Stress - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-22-2018

Yes, talking to people about what is causing the anxiety definitely helps! That's something I'm not so good at because I'm very reserved and I don't like attention on myself, but I think it's something I should work at. I generally like to solve my issues on my own but I think for people like me in that regard it is important to realize that sometimes we need a helping hand, even if it's just someone who will sit down and listen to us. 

Thinking positively always helps. It's good to recognize that the problem is there but taking on a defeated attitude is never productive. It can be hard to remain positive when things are at their worst but having a hopeful outlook and not letting the issue beat you down is very important.

Very good advice from everyone! 

@gengarmaster I hope that isn't really stressing you out too badly. If it is, you can get badges by submitting reviews as Syaxamaphone said which, while requiring effort, don't require spriting or programming knowledge. Do realize though that nobody here should think less of you for not having a badge displayed. They are just little icons that display specific achievements, but not having one doesn't mean you are in any way a worthless member.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.