MFGG Forums
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (/showthread.php?tid=1056)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Evil Yoshi Toes - 08-09-2018

In case you didn’t know, there was a smash bros direct yesterday that revealed some new characters. I updated the first post with the new character trailers, but some stages and items and modes and other things were shown too. You can watch it all here:

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Mariotroid - 08-09-2018

Yass the new playable characters looks amazing. I'm really excited for this game, looks sweet.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DustinVG - 08-09-2018

Ridley, K. Rool, Simon, Richter and Dark Samus.

It's not Mike Jones but it'll sure do.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Kritter - 08-09-2018

I'm super happy about Dark Samus even if she's just a clone character. 

Plus this means I'll be able to get a Dark Samus and K. Rool amiibo.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - SilverVortex - 08-10-2018

my thoughts on the new fighters:
simon: knew it.
richter: ya sure? it's a third party echo, he looks awesome, but did we need him? yes, yes we did.
chrom: YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
dark samus: oh come on this was freaking obvious.
k.rool. whatdafuuuuuuuuu---

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Yakibomb - 08-11-2018

I'm so excited for Ultimate! The new line-up is looking great so far. As for new fighters? Gotta put in my 2 cents in the Speculation Station.

I put these into three categories: 1) Character I think are very likely to appear and near confirmed, 2) Characters that have potential to appear in some form, and 3) Why the heck not put them here.

1)
  • Geno (Mario RPG): He was a Mii costume in Sm4sh, and the other three costumes (Inkling, K.Rool and Chrom) were all confirmed.
  • Shadow the Hedgehog: Echo of Sonic? Since Echo fighters are fine for third-party characters, this is even more likely he'll land a spot!
  • Another Pokemon: A trend for each Smash. I don't know who is relevant since I don't follow Pokemon much.
2)
  • Dixie Kong / Funky Kong: Could be an echo of Diddy / Donkey. They both could be Echo fighters.
  • Skull Kid: Was an assist trophy in Sm4sh, could have potential as another villain (which seems to be a popular trend, we have Ridley, Dark Samus and K.Rool now!). The Moon as an assist trophy, so we'll see what happens.
  • Bandanna Waddle-Dee: The only Kirby main character that hasn't made it is this guy, I think?
3)
  • Isaac (Golden Sun): I don't know anything about this character, except he appeared in Brawl.
  • Porky Minch: Again, don't know anything, but he's another villain, and EarthBound can always use more reps!
  • Captain Toad: He's kind of on-par with Chibi Robo (both puzzle game characters), but I think he's more likely than Chibi Robo.
  • Tingle: Kind of likely? I think he's popular in Japan, he has his own game(s), and he's popular enough.
  • Mike JonesCool

I probably missed some but those are my speculations.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Evil Yoshi Toes - 08-11-2018

Those are some interesting speculations. I would like Geno to appear but I don't think it's extremely likely, though I hope I am wrong. Funky Kong and Sonic make sense as echos.

I'm very excited about these newcomers. They look very fun to play as. Anyone have any speculation as to what that secret mode may be? I'm hoping for a story mode, especially after all that boss battle footage we got in the direct. If it is story mode I hope it has more environments and enemies from Nintendo franchises rather than the bland repetitive environments from Subspace Emissary.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Fun With Despair - 08-12-2018

K. Rool is all I need.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DustinVG - 08-12-2018

(08-11-2018, 08:32 AM)Yakibomb Wrote:
  • Mike JonesCool

Dang, people are figuring out how to force me to give them upvotes

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - fireball3k - 08-14-2018

it was years ago that i remember saying this stuff, but i remember being convinced that both shulk and chrom would make it into smash 4. shulk made it in, of course, but chrom didn't, and i was upset. i'm glad he's in now, because i don't like lucina as much as her dad.

my friends and i were hanging out and we were talking about which unlikely character we'd want in smash. i distinctly remember telling them i wanted mike jones from startropics, even though i know he will not make it in before i die of cirrhosis

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DustinVG - 08-14-2018

(08-14-2018, 03:32 AM)fireball3k Wrote: my friends and i were hanging out and we were talking about which unlikely character we'd want in smash. i distinctly remember telling them i wanted mike jones from startropics, even though i know he will not make it in before i die of cirrhosis

THERE'S DOZENS OF US

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Yakibomb - 08-14-2018

I remember wanted Dark Samus of all characters back when Brawl was in development. Now here we are, Dark Samus... is actually in the roster.

Guys you should totally listen to me because of that

Aside from that, I'm wondering if all the characters that were originally planned for Brawl and Smash Wii U/3DS, are going to make it into this one. Chorus Kids, Plusle-Minun, Dixie, Heihachi (from Tekken)... And of course, Geno, which I'm confident is going to be in Ultimate.

Something tells me there is going to be a character that's off the wall. What retro character will be here? Will Banjo & Kazooie make it in? Who knows!

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - fireball3k - 08-17-2018

considering phil spencer, the head of the xbox brand at microsoft, has said he'd be fine with banjo being in smash bros? i think it might be plausible for banjo to make it into smash someday. mr. spencer has made it abundantly clear that he loves nintendo.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Yakibomb - 08-18-2018

Thought: We should have a contest to see who can guess who's coming in the next Direct. Maybe admins and coins could be involved? haha.

It could work. An admin, who could play as Waluigi or another personality in the thread, starts a poll with a certain amount of characters, probably the most popular ones from the "leaks". MFGG can add a character to the poll (with admin help) and vote for them, or vote on a single character already in the poll, and contribute 5, 10, or 20 coins to the pot (admin character). If their guess is correct, they get double the coins back!

We could have several, too! Since I think we have two (?) Directs coming before the release on Dec 7th.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Evil Yoshi Toes - 08-21-2018

That sounds like a very fun idea. I'm for it.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - SilverVortex - 08-25-2018

(07-19-2018, 05:56 AM)I Wrote: the introduction of echo fighters got me thinking; who else will join? my top guess is chrom

whaddaya know, i was right.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DustinVG - 08-28-2018

This week's new music has arrived! This time it's the Yoshi's New Island theme arranged by Shota Kageyama.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - TRICKSTERhat - 08-31-2018

Oh boy, this arrangement sounds really good. I'm in love with the smash soundtrack and is really good to hear some of the Ultimate soundtrack before the game is even released.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - GStache - 09-04-2018

Time for your new weekly Smash Ultimate music everyone. It's a good one.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DustinVG - 09-12-2018

A bit late, but it’s new music time! This time, it’s the Pikmin theme.

I think it’s quite nice.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.