MFGG Forums
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (/showthread.php?tid=1056)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Evil Yoshi Toes - 09-13-2018

A new fighter was announced today:

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DustinVG - 09-13-2018

The interesting part of this reveal is that she isn't an echo fighter. Never would've thought we'd eventually get two Animal Crossing characters.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DustinVG - 09-18-2018

Fittingly, given Isabelle’s announcement during the Direct, this time, we get some Animal Crossing music. The theme to Happy Home Designer, apparently.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Evil Yoshi Toes - 09-19-2018

Hmm, that might be the first track we've gotten that I don't like so much. Maybe it's because I prefer the juxtaposition of relaxing Animal Crossing music in the background of a fighting game and this is a much more intense remix.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DustinVG - 09-19-2018

(09-19-2018, 08:17 AM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: Hmm, that might be the first track we've gotten that I don't like so much. Maybe it's because I prefer the juxtaposition of relaxing Animal Crossing music in the background of a fighting game and this is a much more intense remix.

It fits with Isabelle’s characterization as an Irish wrestler

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DustinVG - 10-03-2018

A bit late but woaoaahhh new music time

It's the music from that game where miis repeatedly gift you toilet paper.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Evil Yoshi Toes - 10-04-2018

That’s a great one! It brings back a lot of memories of trying to prevent my siblings’ miis from falling in love.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DustinVG - 10-16-2018

Music times for all once again

Now it's Flash Man from Mega Man 2! Yet another song from 2, yeah, but it's very good! I dig it.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - SonicKade2048 - 10-19-2018

From what I've heard Nintendo didn't want people leaking the menu music, and once that happened, all hell broke loose. When the menu theme was uploaded, Nintendo did something to YouTube which broke it and caused it to malfunction, giving nobody access to a majority of the site.

I'm not clear on the full details, but if anybody noticed YouTube acting funky in the past couple of days, just know that this could be a cause of that.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Syaxamaphone - 10-19-2018

Yeah that didn't actually happen

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Evil Yoshi Toes - 10-19-2018

I think it has been confirmed that the menu theme was not leaked and that it was intentionally released by Nintendo. Even if it wasn't, why would they destroy YouTube over their menu theme being leaked but not over any other much more significant leaks?

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DustinVG - 10-19-2018

(10-19-2018, 12:36 PM)KirbyLover2048 Wrote: From what I've heard Nintendo didn't want people leaking the menu music, and once that happened, all hell broke loose. When the menu theme was uploaded, Nintendo did something to YouTube which broke it and caused it to malfunction, giving nobody access to a majority of the site.

I'm not clear on the full details, but if anybody noticed YouTube acting funky in the past couple of days, just know that this could be a cause of that.

As if Nintendo has that sort of power

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Evil Yoshi Toes - 11-02-2018

There was a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct yesterday! 

Here is the video for those who may have missed it.
(Embedding videos isn't functioning properly, so you'll have to visit the link)

Two newcomers, a new game mode, and some amiibo related features were shown off!

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - GamerInGeorgia - 11-02-2018

Smash Ultimate's main theme has been revealed! It's pretty good.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Evil Yoshi Toes - 11-02-2018

I actually don't like the song at all. The music is great but the vocals sound a lot like an awkwardly translated anime opening lol. It also doesn't really scream "fighting game!" to me, it sounds more like a my little pony theme song in my opinion.

I'm very excited for piranha plant though he looks amazing and i love that petey rep.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - GamerInGeorgia - 11-02-2018

(11-02-2018, 05:07 PM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: I actually don't like the song at all. The music is great but the vocals sound a lot like an awkwardly translated anime opening lol. It also doesn't really scream "fighting game!" to me, it sounds more like a my little pony theme song in my opinion.
I could see why you would say that, as the theme is more focused on the story than the fighting (and it probably is a translation of the Japanese version), referencing things like "when the world ended" (when the "thing" killed/captured everyone) and " the one voice that remained" (Kirby, who had escaped) and other lines which pertain to stuff that happens in the story.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Guinea - 11-03-2018

Pretty excited about the game finally coming out. That new adventure mode sounds like fun and going by that map it seems pretty huge too, and should give some use to the whole idea of equipping your character with spirits. I hope they're more interesting this time around, than the stickers in Subspace Emissary which I never bothered to use at all.

Looking forward to playing as Ken, and Incineroar seems interesting too, despite me usually not getting too excited about Pokemon characters.
And the Piranha Plant! Oh wow, I can imagine having so much fun as that character. Much better "early adopter" bonus than Mewtwo in Smash 4.

The DLC seems to be fairly priced too, and I'm glad they're doing a reduced price bundle this time, and not what they had for Smash 4. That's one season pass I'm gladly shelling out some money in advance for. Since "everyone is here" already, this means they'll be entirely new fighters never before seen in Smash, and Sakurai also said none of these 5 will be echo fighters.
So that's gonna be one exciting year of speculation, one of the most fun parts in a Smash game's lifespan Smile

Fingers crossed that just because a character already has an Assist Trophy, they're not ruled out for those DLC fighters, that could mean we can still get Rex, Isaac or Shovel Knight. That Shovel Knight AT really broke my heart when I saw it Sad

Looking forward to smashing with you guys again.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Parakarry - 11-05-2018

Fellow Kirby mains.
Our time has come at long last.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Rapidkirby3k - 11-05-2018

(11-05-2018, 02:24 AM)Parakarry Wrote: Fellow Kirby mains.

As I'm excited for Smash Ultimate, I agree with this.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Parakarry - 11-05-2018

(11-05-2018, 02:18 PM)Rapidkirby3k Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 02:24 AM)Parakarry Wrote: Fellow Kirby mains.

As I'm excited for Smash Ultimate, I agree with this.

I actually got that from a youtube comment, but i loved it.
And I love the Sparkster avatar too. (speaking of dream Smash characters...)

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.