MFGG Forums
New Mario Party is coming to the switch - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: New Mario Party is coming to the switch (/showthread.php?tid=1068)

Pages: 1 2

New Mario Party is coming to the switch - TheOrangeToad - 06-14-2018

This New Mario Party Game is call Super Mario Party. Love

Watch This E3 Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pu9t5AL1Ss

This will be a impoverment over Mario Party 9 and 10

RE: New Mario Party is coming to the switch - Kritter - 06-14-2018

Here's the important parts:
  • NO VEHICLES. These things are a stain on the Mario Party formula and it looks as though they've finally learned that nobody likes them. Now you get to run around by yourself.
  • NO MINI STARS! From what I can see, it's like old times. You buy a Star from Toadette on the board, assuming you meet the criteria such as 20x Coins.
  • I don't know if capsules return but there are items shown under the player icons, such as Golden Shroom or Mushroom. Based on the below video they have lots of uses, with plenty of opportunities to screw over other players.
  • 10-turn rounds. The default has been 15 at a minimum for a number of Mario Party games and that ends up feeling just a tad too long sometimes, seems like we can do 10 in this one.
  • Lots of interesting spaces on the board, like a "Clover" icon, or a "?!" icon, in addition to the usual red, blue and green spaces. Not sure what these could mean.
  • Bowser is playable! So is a Goomba. Here is a confirmed roster of characters so far:
    • Mario
    • Luigi
    • Peach
    • Daisy
    • Yoshi
    • Rosalina
    • Donkey Kong
    • Bowser
    • Wario
    • Waluigi
    • Boo
    • Dry Bones
    • Koopa Troopa
  • NEWCOMERS
    • Bowser Jr
    • Diddy Kong
    • Goomba
    • Boomerang Bro
    • Pom Pom
    • Monty Mole
Other details. You can link multiple Switch consoles to make minigames and other things work together, which is interesting. Also some minigames have motion controls using the Joycons which is fine, at least it adds variety.

My hopes!
  • I really hope the boards return to being strategic, like using capsules to mess with other players and all that. Seems on its way to doing just that with the removal of the car and mini stars.
  • Mini games after every roll. That was the worst part of the cars was you weren't always guaranteed a minigame after each player had rolled. Once again, seems like this'll be the case.
  • Unlockable fun things. Characters, toys, things.
  • ONLINE PLAY. This will never happen, but a man can dream.
Edit:
Just found this video which answers a lot of my questions  Big Grin

RE: New Mario Party is coming to the switch - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-14-2018

I watched that video and here are my thoughts:
I'm glad Nintendo is listening to its fans by returning to the classic Mario Party gameplay. The board looks similar to the MP4 and MPDS boards, which I'm not really a fan of as I prefer the look of the N64 boards which look more like little towns, but that's not a huge deal. I love the idea of the character specific blocks the player can use. The menus  are much more streamlined than the previous games which I think is very fitting for the Switch. 
I don't think I'm going to get this game at release because I already have Mario Party 3 and I'm not yet convinced that this will be better, but I probably will get it at some point.

RE: New Mario Party is coming to the switch - SonicKade2048 - 06-14-2018

The fact that there's a new Mario Party game in general is what amuses me. I always loved playing Mario Party DS, as it was my only Party game at the time (And still is), so I'm really hoping I can pick up Super Mario Party and have more enjoyment than ever.

Maybe I should go see a doctor after playing. Sometimes hype can be too much for one person.

RE: New Mario Party is coming to the switch - Pedigree - 06-15-2018

Note: during treehouse online multiplayer was confirmed for a minigame mode, no word on online board game gameplay though.

RE: New Mario Party is coming to the switch - HylianDev - 06-15-2018

I am incredibly stoked for a new Mario Party!

I'm glad that a lot of the stuff from the newer games seems to have been stripped away. And that minigame they showed with the two synced-up Switches looked a lot like Shell Shocked from Mario Party 2.

Though it bugs me that Nintendo keeps using motion controls, yet they're selling wired controllers with no motion control capabilities. Makes no sense!

RE: New Mario Party is coming to the switch - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-15-2018

Yeah, that is weird. Maybe there will be an option to play only minigames without motion controls, like Mario Party DS had for mic minigames. Though it seems like quite a few of the games use motion so that could limit the options a lot.

RE: New Mario Party is coming to the switch - Nutshell - 06-15-2018

The only interesting new game on the Nintendo Direct E3

RE: New Mario Party is coming to the switch - Honey Saucer Gengar - 06-15-2018

(06-14-2018, 01:50 AM)Kritter Wrote: Here's the important parts:
  • NO VEHICLES. These things are a stain on the Mario Party formula and it looks as though they've finally learned that nobody likes them. Now you get to run around by yourself.
  • NO MINI STARS! From what I can see, it's like old times. You buy a Star from Toadette on the board, assuming you meet the criteria such as 20x Coins.
  • I don't know if capsules return but there are items shown under the player icons, such as Golden Shroom or Mushroom. Based on the below video they have lots of uses, with plenty of opportunities to screw over other players.
  • 10-turn rounds. The default has been 15 at a minimum for a number of Mario Party games and that ends up feeling just a tad too long sometimes, seems like we can do 10 in this one.
  • Lots of interesting spaces on the board, like a "Clover" icon, or a "?!" icon, in addition to the usual red, blue and green spaces. Not sure what these could mean.
  • Bowser is playable! So is a Goomba. Here is a confirmed roster of characters so far:
    • Mario
    • Luigi
    • Peach
    • Daisy
    • Yoshi
    • Rosalina
    • Donkey Kong
    • Bowser
    • Wario
    • Waluigi
    • Boo
    • Dry Bones
    • Koopa Troopa
  • NEWCOMERS
    • Bowser Jr
    • Diddy Kong
    • Goomba
    • Boomerang Bro
    • Pom Pom
    • Monty Mole
Other details. You can link multiple Switch consoles to make minigames and other things work together, which is interesting. Also some minigames have motion controls using the Joycons which is fine, at least it adds variety.

My hopes!
  • I really hope the boards return to being strategic, like using capsules to mess with other players and all that. Seems on its way to doing just that with the removal of the car and mini stars.
  • Mini games after every roll. That was the worst part of the cars was you weren't always guaranteed a minigame after each player had rolled. Once again, seems like this'll be the case.
  • Unlockable fun things. Characters, toys, things.
  • ONLINE PLAY. This will never happen, but a man can dream.
Edit:
Just found this video which answers a lot of my questions  Big Grin

Diddy kong and Bowser Junior are not returning.

RE: New Mario Party is coming to the switch - FieryExplosion - 06-15-2018

A new Mario Party with classic gameplay and hints of Star Rush. Sign me up! Looks like a ton of fun, and definitely more engaging than MP10.

I do think the character roster's a bit weird this time, though. We get a Goomba but Toadette is now an NPC? What in the name of the Star Spirits is up with that?

@gengarmaster Bowser Jr. and Diddy Kong were shown playing minigames in the trailer.

@FieryExplosion I agree about the roster. I kind of prefer Bowser as the menacing villain who ruins you if you land on his space, but him being playable now at least makes sense since he's a main character. Some of the other characters are really weird though, like the goomba.

RE: New Mario Party is coming to the switch - HylianDev - 06-15-2018

(06-15-2018, 11:59 AM)gengarmaster Wrote: Diddy kong and Bowser Junior are not returning.

1. Kritter referred to Diddy and Bowser Jr. as new characters, not returning characters
2. They're in the trailer

(06-15-2018, 01:02 PM)HylianDev Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 11:59 AM)gengarmaster Wrote: Diddy kong and Bowser Junior are not returning.

1. Kritter referred to Diddy and Bowser Jr. as new characters, not returning characters

Kritter and Bowser Jr are not new.

(06-15-2018, 01:50 PM)gengarmaster Wrote:

We get to play as Kritter in this game? 

Just kidding I know what you meant, but I don’t think we’ve been able to play as them in other Mario Parties. They aren’t brand new characters but that’s not what he was suggesting.

(06-15-2018, 02:30 PM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 01:50 PM)gengarmaster Wrote:

We get to play as Kritter in this game? 

Just kidding I know what you meant, but I don’t think we’ve been able to play as them in other Mario Parties. They aren’t brand new characters but that’s not what he was suggesting.

I meant Diddy kong not Kritter

RE: New Mario Party is coming to the switch - Nutshell - 06-15-2018

They were playable and shown at the trailer and Treehouse

RE: New Mario Party is coming to the switch - DustinVG - 06-15-2018

Now this is how you do a Mario Party. If there's really online multiplayer, sold, my good Nintendo. SOLD.

New game mode called Partner Party, which I guess just means team multiplayer. From what the woman is saying I think the board is what changes the gameplay. This looks pretty cool, but I really hope most of the boards are traditional MP gameplay boards with just a few gimmicky ones.

RE: New Mario Party is coming to the switch - Kritter - 06-15-2018

@gengarmaster Yeah you're right, they were in star rush apparently. I copied that list from somewhere else.

RE: New Mario Party is coming to the switch - HylianDev - 06-16-2018

(06-15-2018, 05:33 PM)Kritter Wrote: @gengarmaster Yeah you're right, they were in star rush apparently. I copied that list from somewhere else.

Oh ok.

Though he said they're not new and also that they're not returning, so he could be trolling lol

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.