MFGG Forums
Childhood Crushes - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Childhood Crushes (/showthread.php?tid=1093)

Pages: 1 2

Childhood Crushes - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-20-2018

I had a lot of crushes on fictional characters when I was younger.

Ariel from the little mermaid was one of my more prominent childhood crushes. I watched the VHS almost daily for a while and I replayed the scene where she was transformed into a human way too many times. I once tried to cut her picture out of a book I rented from the library so I could keep it.

Daphne from Scooby-Doo was another big one. I think I had a thing for redheads. 

Princess Peach was the biggest video game character crush that I had, but Zelda, Link, and Solid Snake were all up on my hot video game character list. 

The only celebrity crush I can remember having when I was younger was on Kirsten Dunst in Spider-Man.

What were your crushes? This is supposed to be a fun innocent thread so please don't be too inappropriate if you share.

RE: Childhood Crushes - Mariotroid - 06-20-2018

Kari from Digimon. Pocahontas. I can't remember all of them but there were a few more. Never had a thing for Samus surprisingly, just felt like I could relate to her. I always loved Scarlett Johanson and Haley Williams from Paramore.

RE: Childhood Crushes - SonicKade2048 - 06-22-2018

The only character I can think of that I've ever had a crush on comes from one of the most infamous and somewhat cringe-worthy (to some people) cartoons out there, that being My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I'm sure plenty of people in the world have had a similar situation as me, but I took it a step further than most others.

Twilight Sparkle was probably the only character I ever spent time caring about out of the main (Or as the show calls them "Mane") 6 ponies that were ever centered around in the show. I wanted to have someone with me who was smart like I was, and Twilight seemed to be the perfect choice, but my only problem was that she was a fictional character and I was a real-life human being. Add the fact that I was much different back then when I was around 13-14 years old, and you have yourself a recipe for a small disaster that turned out to be something great.

Even at that age, I had imaginary friends, Twilight being one of them. She would follow me wherever I went and stay by my side no matter what, always being there for me when I was in trouble. I recently thought of her as the part of me that didn't want the rest of me to give up on anything, as in my eyes she always talked to me and helped keep me calm whenever I was in a troubling situation. She was there for me, keeping me headstrong.

Flash forward 1-2 years, and here I am. I wanted something new with my life, so I decided to do something that would make me so much more different. I was doodling sketches of me and Twilight, and next thing you know I drew other, small pony characters with us, being children if you'd call them that. I won't go into the technical details of it, as it has more story behind it than you'd expect, so I'll save it for some other time if you all are willing to listen.

Either way, Twilight has taken me far from where I was, from being an insecure kid to becoming a strong teenager, soon to be adult in a year or so. As I've said before, she's like a part of me that doesn't want me to stop and quit. I think of her as a part of my consciousness that tells me not to throw everything away, and ever since then, I've become more determined than I ever have been in my life, trying harder at everything I'll ever do.

Even if it's just a crush, I'll never forget her time with me.

RE: Childhood Crushes - Mariotroid - 06-22-2018

(06-22-2018, 01:05 PM)KirbyLover2048 Wrote: The only character I can think of that I've ever had a crush on comes from one of the most infamous and somewhat cringe-worthy (to some people) cartoons out there, that being My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I'm sure plenty of people in the world have had a similar situation as me, but I took it a step further than most others.

Twilight Sparkle was probably the only character I ever spent time caring about out of the main (Or as the show calls them "Mane") 6 ponies that were ever centered around in the show. I wanted to have someone with me who was smart like I was, and Twilight seemed to be the perfect choice, but my only problem was that she was a fictional character and I was a real-life human being. Add the fact that I was much different back then when I was around 13-14 years old, and you have yourself a recipe for a small disaster that turned out to be something great.

Even at that age, I had imaginary friends, Twilight being one of them. She would follow me wherever I went and stay by my side no matter what, always being there for me when I was in trouble. I recently thought of her as the part of me that didn't want the rest of me to give up on anything, as in my eyes she always talked to me and helped keep me calm whenever I was in a troubling situation. She was there for me, keeping me headstrong.

Flash forward 1-2 years, and here I am. I wanted something new with my life, so I decided to do something that would make me so much more different. I was doodling sketches of me and Twilight, and next thing you know I drew other, small pony characters with us, being children if you'd call them that. I won't go into the technical details of it, as it has more story behind it than you'd expect, so I'll save it for some other time if you all are willing to listen.

Either way, Twilight has taken me far from where I was, from being an insecure kid to becoming a strong teenager, soon to be adult in a year or so. As I've said before, she's like a part of me that doesn't want me to stop and quit. I think of her as a part of my consciousness that tells me not to throw everything away, and ever since then, I've become more determined than I ever have been in my life, trying harder at everything I'll ever do.

Even if it's just a crush, I'll never forget her time with me.

Lol wut.

This is one of the funniest things I've read on this forum.

RE: Childhood Crushes - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-22-2018

@Mariotroid Scarlett Johansson is very beautiful, and so is Hayley Williams though I hadn't heard of her until now. And of course all of Disney's princesses are very pretty, Pocahontas being no exception. I think it's safe to say most kids have had crushes on a Disney princess or prince.

@KirbyLover2048 That's a very passionate pony crush. I can't really relate to it but I'm glad it was able to help you in some way.

RE: Childhood Crushes - smbmaster99 - 06-22-2018

Claire Redfield from the Resident Evil franchise was perhaps my first and only normal childhood crush

I also had childhood crushes on Maid Marian from Disney's Robin Hood cartoon movie, and Krystal from Star Fox

RE: Childhood Crushes - Mario - 06-22-2018

Not sure if I ever had any tbh

RE: Childhood Crushes - Yoshi2000 - 06-22-2018

Sandy Cheeks when I was 8
Toriel when I was 11
And Kalypso when I was 12

RE: Childhood Crushes - The Dark Warrior - 06-22-2018

I had one but it was a big mistake. Id rather not have relationships not because of that but because video games fufill me.

EDIT - Oh so its about video game crushes...oh. I didnt had a crush with a videogame character. I never really felt any sort of romantic attraction to any fictional females.

RE: Childhood Crushes - Shadow Administrator Drei - 06-22-2018

Melissa Joan Hart when very young. 

A couple of real people.

RE: Childhood Crushes - strabiri - 06-22-2018

Luigi and Princess Zelda.

RE: Childhood Crushes - DustinVG - 06-23-2018

I don't know that I really had any. I think it took me until decently into my teenage years to really develop any sort of true interest in girls.

RE: Childhood Crushes - Yoshin - 06-23-2018

I had some normal crushes; Neptune and Uranus from Sailor Moon, Aki from Yu-Gi-Oh, Ridley, Princess Daisy

RE: Childhood Crushes - zelma - 07-08-2018

(06-20-2018, 06:12 PM)Mariotroid Wrote: Kari from Digimon. Pocahontas. I can't remember all of them but there were a few more. Never had a thing for Samus surprisingly, just felt like I could relate to her. I always loved Scarlett Johanson and Haley Williams from Paramore.

Was more of a Sora guy but as I got older Kari definitely makes more sense.

My real childhood crush was my best friend until we got to highschool and then she had a train rode on her by the football team and that's why I have trust issues today. Anyone wanna play Yu-gi-oh online?

RE: Childhood Crushes - DJ Yoshiman - 08-13-2018

Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven.

RE: Childhood Crushes - fireball3k - 08-21-2018

^ this man gets it

regardless, both of the video game crushes i can think of were capcom characters. i have fond memories of playing pocket fighter on the PS1, so i remember crushing on hsien-ko when i was 9 or 10. perhaps that's why i like asian girls, but i digress. i think what really made me think "oh my god" was seeing roll caskett from mega man legends for the first time. i was reading nintendo power and saw a picture of her, and i immediately wondered why i was feeling so vulnerable, yet warm on the inside.

i always tell people who ask stuff like this that it was roll caskett who made my balls drop haha

RE: Childhood Crushes - Beatrice - 08-21-2018

In 4th grade, I somehow had a slight crush on Hiro from Thomas and Friends. What the fresh heck, 11-year old me. Thankfully that didn't last long.

Okay, to be real, when I'd just discovered anime & games (again in late-4th grade but after the whole train thing), weeaboo kid me back then had a crush on Luke from Professor Layton; along with, weirdly enough, Greg Heffley. Probably because of the whole live-action adaptation of the book. When 6th grade rolled around I kinda had a crush on Fix-It Felix (you know what movie he's from).

Man, I'm just SMH-ing at how weird I was back then...

RE: Childhood Crushes - Elyk - 08-21-2018

I've always liked Scooby Doo, but the one from the live action movie that came out in 2002 is my main squeeze. There's just something about the way that they animated him and his accent that stood out to me. He had a really good character arc in the film too where he started out as a coward but ended up being the most courageous character in the end.

At first I didn't even realize I had a crush. I thought I just liked the character. I had a folder with hundreds of screencaps of him saved from the movies that I would look at every now and then when I was feeling stressed out. I finally understood when I was in health class in high school and the teacher started talking about how erections work.

RE: Childhood Crushes - Syaxamaphone - 08-22-2018

[Image: VgkAGfW.png]

RE: Childhood Crushes - Cap'n Coconuts - 08-22-2018

(08-13-2018, 10:30 PM)Jonna The Bunn Wrote: Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven.
Moonlight's a real treasure, ain't she?

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.