MFGG Forums
WIP Untitled Mario Project - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: WIP Untitled Mario Project (/showthread.php?tid=1105)

Untitled Mario Project - Yoshubs - 06-24-2018

Hello everyone! Shubs here with a 2D platforming Mario Fangame being developed by myself and Mr.Magician with a bit of spriting help from SUM 64 (or whatever his name is now, he always changes it). For me, it's a complete project, but for Mr.Magician it is a side project.
Here are some basic questions that are answered:
Thinking is this just another Mario Fangame?
Big Grin No, it is not, it is story driven instead of just collecting stuff, it's more open world and rewards exploration.
Confused Why is it marked WIP instead of Concept?
Smile Development, while small, has already started
Idea What do you have done yet?
Sad Only test locations, no actual story locations.

What do you have in mind for the story?

I can't reveal much of the story line, just going to say that it involves another villain, not just Bowser.

Here's some gameplay footage, sadly I could only upload one thing so I had to pick the thing with the most footage:

RE: Untitled Mario Project - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-24-2018

It looks really pretty, I'm excited to see more. I like more story driven games so I'm curious to see where this goes.

RE: Untitled Mario Project - Yoshubs - 06-24-2018

(06-24-2018, 02:12 PM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: It looks really pretty, I'm excited to see more. I like more story driven games so I'm curious to see where this goes.

Thank you, I will keep this update it and release demos to see what the community thinks about the story.

RE: Untitled Mario Project - Q-Nova - 06-24-2018

I agree that it looks nice. The concepts sound nice, I'm especially interested in the fact that it's story driven along with the exploration. I liked what I saw in the .gif, my only compliant goes to the SMB1 clouds; they just really stick out. I'd either get rid of those or remove the curved rectangle clouds.

I'm interested in seeing how this will go, though!

RE: Untitled Mario Project - Yoshubs - 06-24-2018

(06-24-2018, 02:53 PM)Q-Nova Wrote: I agree that it looks nice. The concepts sound nice, I'm especially interested in the fact that it's story driven along with the exploration. I liked what I saw in the .gif, my only compliant goes to the SMB1 clouds; they just really stick out. I'd either get rid of those or remove the curved rectangle clouds.

I'm interested in seeing how this will go, though!

Hello, do not worry about the SMB1 clouds, most locations I have right now are test and will have custom backgrounds.
Thank you!

RE: Untitled Mario Project - mrpin355 - 06-25-2018

Does this game use a existing engine or uses it's own engine?

RE: Untitled Mario Project - Yoshubs - 06-25-2018

(06-25-2018, 06:02 PM)Existant Wrote: Does this game use a existing engine or uses it's own engine?

To be fair, I'd love to say "my own engine", but I gotta give credit because I "borrowed" some code with the gimmicks. It's from Gatete and some from Hello (Yes, his engine is majorly criticised but, that was before GMEA), I will credit where do.

RE: Untitled Mario Project - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-26-2018

No shame in that considering those engines are meant to be used by the public.

RE: Untitled Mario Project - Mariotroid - 06-30-2018

Doesn't look bad at all, keep at it!! Do you have your story done?

RE: Untitled Mario Project - Yoshubs - 06-30-2018

(06-30-2018, 02:42 AM)Mariotroid Wrote: Doesn't look bad at all, keep at it!! Do you have your story done?

Yes, the story is mostly done, but I will keep it hidden since this game is story based, so it's best if people play it blind.

RE: Untitled Mario Project - Yoshubs - 07-19-2018

For anybody still interested in the game:
https://discord.gg/ynHFRfv

please join

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.