MFGG Forums
Best season for game development? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Best season for game development? (/showthread.php?tid=1117)

Best season for game development? - Mariotroid - 06-29-2018

I often find it tough to get around to programming in the summer time. Often out with friends at movies or their place or bars or what have you. 

This isn't a problem in winter. In winter I'm constantly at my game development. I don't stop cause I don't even feel like going outside.

So does this happen to you my friends? I wish I could program in the summer time like I can in the winter but it doesn't happen, it's a shame.

RE: Best season for game development? - GamerInGeorgia - 06-29-2018

Yeah, I totally get that. I'm always doing things, now that I have the whole day off, leading me to getting less work done (not only in game development, though).

RE: Best season for game development? - Cruise Elroy - 06-29-2018

I guess I hadn't really thought about how my productivity varies from season to season. I always felt as though I kicked things into high gear whenever autumn comes, but other times I tend to be a bit more pressed on time.

RE: Best season for game development? - HylianDev - 06-29-2018

Winter. It's the most nostalgic time of the year!

RE: Best season for game development? - VinnyVideo - 06-29-2018

It depends! Spring tends to be the least productive time for me. Warming trends make me less energetic and motivated, and when the weather is getting nicer, I'm spending more time outside.

I'm always most productive making games when I have a short break of a fixed interval (for example, between semesters when I was in college/grad school). Then I'm working hard to get stuff done before my real-life schedule gets busy again. Pretty much all of my best game-making periods have occurred during such a stretch.

(I'm currently in one of those periods right now, so expect to see some new Vinny stuff soon.)

RE: Best season for game development? - PixelatedIvan - 06-29-2018

Personally I like game development most in Spring and Autumn, so I have something to look forward and to do after school.

RE: Best season for game development? - Syaxamaphone - 06-30-2018

I don't get a lot done in the summer because I'm off work and I lose motivation. I work much better when I have a rigid work schedule to work around.

RE: Best season for game development? - Q-Nova - 06-30-2018

I hadn't really thought about how productive I get from time to time before, but after checking this topic out and looking back at the past, it seems that autumn and winter are usually when I am quite productive and get stuff done. Maybe it's because of the holidays (such as Thanksgiving and Christmas) and getting prepared for them, which makes it feel like I'm building up hype for them when making stuff. The fact that I don't get outside as much when there's snow during the winter may also have something to do with that.

I've been doing a lot of work for Go! Go! Gooble!! during the spring, however though. In fact, I think it'll be out in a few days. Wink

RE: Best season for game development? - Yrr - 07-03-2018

too hot to focus in summer

RE: Best season for game development? - Elyk - 07-14-2018

I don't have friends or go outside so I don't suffer from those same problems.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.