MFGG Forums
COMPLETED Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: COMPLETED Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition (/showthread.php?tid=1150)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - Gate - 08-19-2018

(08-19-2018, 11:33 AM)MarioObsessed Wrote: I think so. I'll try downloading it again.

EDIT: Yeah, I re-downloaded the main zip and it still does it.

You might need the most recent version of DirectX then

RE: Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - MarioObsessed - 08-20-2018

My computer says I have DirectX 12. Is that not the most recent version? Also what about DirectPlay. I have a game on my compter that apparently needs it to run better.

RE: Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - Gate - 08-21-2018

(08-20-2018, 03:14 PM)MarioObsessed Wrote: My computer says I have DirectX 12. Is that not the most recent version? Also what about DirectPlay. I have a game on my compter that apparently needs it to run better.

IIRC DirectPlay is for games made before Game Maker Studio.

Try the solution given in this thread here
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/shader-error.1735/

RE: Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - MarioObsessed - 08-21-2018

(08-21-2018, 07:25 AM)Gatete Wrote:
(08-20-2018, 03:14 PM)MarioObsessed Wrote: My computer says I have DirectX 12. Is that not the most recent version? Also what about DirectPlay. I have a game on my compter that apparently needs it to run better.

IIRC DirectPlay is for games made before Game Maker Studio.

Try the solution given in this thread here

YES! It works! Thank you. I'm looking forward to showing MFGG my game when it's done! Thumbs Up

RE: Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - Gate - 08-21-2018

(08-21-2018, 08:39 AM)MarioObsessed Wrote: YES! It works! Thank you. I'm looking forward to showing MFGG my game when it's done! Thumbs Up

Glad to hear that!

RE: Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - Gate - 02-08-2019

Version 1.6.2 is now available to download
  • Gamepad support has been fixed
  • Fixed various instances

RE: Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - Gate - 02-09-2019

Version 1.6.3 is live!
  • Minor bug fixes

RE: Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - Gate - 06-03-2019

It's been a long time since I posted on this thread.

I've been working lately on some improvements for the engine.

Such as this:
[Image: giOOF3B.gif]

RE: Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - Gate - 06-14-2019

From today (June 14th), all source downloads have been removed from the releases section of the GitHub page. If you want the source, you'll have to download now the project files from the repository or you can else clone them for your own project instead.

If you have troubles by downloading the project files, take a look at the image below.

[Image: cOTYrxz.png]

Thank you for your attention.

RE: Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - Gate - 10-18-2019

Like always I forgot to update this topic when I released version 2 of my engine.

Anyways, this has been updated to version 2.1.1

RE: Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - Evan.F - 11-29-2019

Ummm…

Is this caused by not having GameMaker, or is this an actual crash

RE: Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - Gate - 11-29-2019

(11-29-2019, 03:58 PM)Evan.F Wrote: Ummm…

Is this caused by not having GameMaker, or is this an actual crash

You need to update the runtime of DirectX

RE: Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - Evan.F - 11-30-2019

how do I load this into gamemaker

RE: Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - Gate - 11-30-2019

(11-30-2019, 04:22 AM)Evan.F Wrote: how do I load this into gamemaker
You need to downloads the files from the repository

RE: Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - Evan.F - 11-30-2019

does this work with gamemaker studio 2? I think that could be the problem

RE: Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - Gate - 12-01-2019

(11-30-2019, 04:32 PM)Evan.F Wrote: does this work with gamemaker studio 2? I think that could be the problem

Honestly, I have not tried this with Game Maker Studio 2

RE: Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - Clobbah - 12-03-2019

Will this work with GMS2?

RE: Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - EmeraldsMushroomsAndTrains57XX - 08-27-2021

Mad THE FRICK!!!!???? I tried this engine in GMS2 and you know what happened? it thinks that = symbols are unexpected on hammer bros and boomerang bros. and I really need to use this engine for my fan-game "Mario and the magic book" because its the best one I can find with hundreds of options. HOW DO I FIX THIIIIIIIISS!!!!!!????? Mad Mad Sad Sad

RE: Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - smbmaster99 - 08-27-2021

(08-27-2021, 09:53 PM)EmeraldsMushroomsAndTrains57XX Wrote: Mad THE FRICK!!!!???? I tried this engine in GMS2 and you know what happened? it thinks that = symbols are unexpected on hammer bros and boomerang bros. and I really need to use this engine for my fan-game "Mario and the magic book" because its the best one I can find with hundreds of options. HOW DO I FIX THIIIIIIIISS!!!!!!????? Mad Mad Sad Sad

It would help if you'd post either screenshots or the error messages as they are output in GMS2's output log

GMS2 is vastly different than GMS1.4, which I believe this was created with, so there will most likely be issues if you try to load it directly. You may need to convert it first to GMS2's format by importing the GMX. If you've done that already, I'd suggest doing what I mentioned first and share screenshots of the error messages and/or output logs

RE: Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition - Gate - 08-28-2021

(08-27-2021, 09:53 PM)EmeraldsMushroomsAndTrains57XX Wrote: Mad THE FRICK!!!!???? I tried this engine in GMS2 and you know what happened? it thinks that = symbols are unexpected on hammer bros and boomerang bros. and I really need to use this engine for my fan-game "Mario and the magic book" because its the best one I can find with hundreds of options. HOW DO I FIX THIIIIIIIISS!!!!!!????? Mad Mad Sad Sad

GMS2 added functions such as throw, and since both hammer bros and boomerang bros use a variable called throw, the fix is to replace that throw with another name.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.