MFGG Forums
Newbie - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Palace for Posting with No Point (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Newbie (/showthread.php?tid=1160)

Pages: 1 2

Newbie - Kandi - 07-09-2018

Hello, new here. The only reason why I joined these forums 08hrs ago is because I want to learn what programs / software I need to make my own Super Mario Word (Super Nintendo Entertainment System) rom. Is this the wrong thread to be asking this. If it is, mind giving me links for those thread(s), please?

~Kandi

RE: Newbie - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 07-09-2018

Hello noob that has not played Vehicles welcome to Vehicles Fan Games Parking Zone

RE: Newbie - Yoshi2000 - 07-09-2018

(07-09-2018, 04:12 AM)Coolmathgames Wrote: Hello noob that has not played Vehicles welcome to Vehicles Fan Games Parking Zone
Don't try to flame a new member. It's just rude. Anyways, sorry about him. He's a quite a bad member so don't listen to him. Anyways welcome to MFGG!

RE: Newbie - Gate - 07-09-2018

Welcome to MFGG, @Kandi. Hope you enjoy your stay here ;3

RE: Newbie - HylianDev - 07-09-2018

This kind of thing would probably go in Developer Discussion, since you're asking about how to make SMW ROM hacks. I'll go ahead and move it for you.

I'm not a ROM hacker myself, but from what I understand, everybody uses the program Lunar Magic for SMW.

RE: Newbie - Kandi - 07-09-2018

(07-09-2018, 07:41 AM)Yoshi2000 Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 04:12 AM)Coolmathgames Wrote: Hello noob that has not played Vehicles welcome to Vehicles Fan Games Parking Zone
Don't try to flame a new member. It's just rude. Anyways, sorry about him. He's a quite a bad member so don't listen to him. Anyways welcome to MFGG!

Oh, I see. Very well then. I will try my best to avoid him then as much as possible. Thank you so much for the warning and the welcome. :)

(07-09-2018, 08:20 AM)Gatete'' p='13713 Wrote:Welcome to MFGG @Kandi. Hope you enjoy your stay here ;3

Awwww, thank you so, so much. :) I will try too lol. :)

(07-09-2018, 10:47 AM)HylianDev Wrote: This kind of thing would probably go in Developer Discussion, since you're asking about how to make SMW ROM hacks. I'll go ahead and move it for you.

I'm not a ROM hacker myself, but from what I understand, everybody uses the program Lunar Magic for SMW.

Oh, I see. That's okay. I honestly do apologize for posting this in the wrong place. :'( And thank you for telling me about Lunar Magic. :)

RE: Newbie - PixelatedIvan - 07-09-2018

Lunar Magic is the main tool, I recommend you check tutorials on YouTube and also check out SMWCentral. Also check out for Flips to patch your rom when posting it so you are not doing any piracy. 

also how do you get your text to be like that

RE: Newbie - Kandi - 07-09-2018

(07-09-2018, 03:01 PM)PixelatedIvan Wrote: Lunar Magic is the main tool, I recommend you check tutorials on YouTube and also check out SMWCentral. Also check out for Flips to patch your rom when posting it so you are not doing any piracy. 

also how do you get your text to be like that
Oh, I will checkout SMWC and the YouTube tutorials as well. Thank you for that. Sounds like that you want to know how to get the text in the same way as me. Here's how to do so:

Step 000: Firstly, You go to this site here.

[b][i]Step 001: Secondly, you pick what color effect (by clicking on the dropdown menu), colors in your gradient (by clicking on the text boxes with the hex codes in), then pick what typeface you want by clicking on the dropdown menu (the bold, italics and the size is totally optional).[/i][/b]

Step 002: Once you're happy with your result, copy and paste the BBcode.

[b][i]Oh, another thing as well before I forget: this also works for the signatures on this site as well. Just redo those steps I gave you on your signature and it will work perfectly :)[/i][/b]

RE: Newbie - Yrr - 07-09-2018

Nice Text

RE: Newbie - Mario - 07-09-2018

Great font choice! The gradient color text is pretty impressive too.

RE: Newbie - VinnyVideo - 07-09-2018

Welcome to MFGG! If you'd like to get started with SMW hacking, you'll definitely want to try Lunar Magic. SMWC has more tutorials and resources on SMW hacking than MFGG does, but MFGG still has plenty of people who'd be happy to help you get started. Also, if you make a ROM hack with Lunar Magic, you can now submit the .BPS file to the MFGG mainsite.

Fun Fact: In a previous life, I occasionally typed in orange text.

RE: Newbie - Kandi - 07-10-2018

(07-09-2018, 07:29 PM)Mario Wrote: Great font choice! The gradient color text is pretty impressive too.

Heh, I guess that it is lol. Thanks by the way! :)

If you want the hex codes for the colors in the gradient, here they are:

Pastel pink (The starting color of the gradient): #DEA5A4

Pastel purple (the central color of the gradient): #B19CD9

Pastel orange (The ending color of the gradient): #FFB347

You MIGHT NOT actually NEED these for anything, but they're there for you to use for anything later on. ;)

(07-09-2018, 07:49 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote:
Welcome to MFGG! If you'd like to get started with SMW hacking, you'll definitely want to try Lunar Magic. SMWC has more tutorials and resources on SMW hacking than MFGG does, but MFGG still has plenty of people who'd be happy to help you get started. Also, if you make a ROM hack with Lunar Magic, you can now submit the .BPS file to the MFGG mainsite.
Fun Fact: In a previous life, I occasionally typed in orange text.

Heh, thank you for the welcome, Admin. I will be sure to checkout the tutorials on there later on. :)

RE: Newbie - Evil Yoshi Toes - 07-10-2018

Welcome to the forums. Smile

RE: Newbie - Kandi - 07-10-2018

(07-10-2018, 06:37 AM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: Welcome to the forums. Smile

Aww, thank you so much for the welcome :D

RE: Newbie - The Dark Warrior - 07-10-2018

Welcome to the forums. I am a SMW hacker myself. I do hope to see what you are working on soon.

RE: Newbie - Kandi - 07-11-2018

(07-10-2018, 07:14 PM)The Dark Warrior Wrote: Welcome to the forums. I am a SMW hacker myself. I do hope to see what you are working on soon.

Its always great to see another SMW hacker on here. I will try to post some hacks on here. I don't know how long it'll be before I post hacks on here, because it's soooooo easy for me to get sidetracked XD

RE: Newbie - YoshisIsland3 - 07-11-2018

That font size is kinda bugging me, anyways, welcome to the forums.

RE: Newbie - Kandi - 07-12-2018

(07-11-2018, 08:23 PM)YoshisIsland3 Wrote: That font size is kinda bugging me, anyways, welcome to the forums.

How is this size of the typeface I'm usin' buggin' you? And thank you for the welcome :)

RE: Newbie - YoshisIsland3 - 07-12-2018

(07-12-2018, 03:22 AM)Kandi Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 08:23 PM)YoshisIsland3 Wrote: That font size is kinda bugging me, anyways, welcome to the forums.

How is this size of the typeface I'm usin' buggin' you? And thank you for the welcome :)
It's kinda big on mobile, which makes scrolling a pain. I don't mind it much, since sometimes, I don't use mobile, all that much.

RE: Newbie - Kandi - 07-12-2018

(07-12-2018, 09:18 AM)YoshisIsland3 Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 03:22 AM)Kandi Wrote:

It's kinda big on mobile, which makes scrolling a pain. I don't mind it much, since sometimes, I don't use mobile, all that much.

Try and do the following:

You could try and zoom out (if its possible on the mobile site), if not try switching from mobile site to desktop site within the settings of the browser you're using.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.