MFGG Forums
Super Mario Battle - Developers and Spriters wanted! - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Super Mario Battle - Developers and Spriters wanted! (/showthread.php?tid=1182)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Super Mario Battle - Need of developers and spriters! - FabianLC - 11-01-2018

Super Mario War is like battle mode from SMB3 with more things, if you want to make something new make sure you play that first to avoid making something too similar

RE: Super Mario Battle - Need of developers and spriters! - Heapons - 11-01-2018

(10-29-2018, 06:27 PM)RevampedSpider Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 05:56 AM)Heapons Wrote: Alright, I won't cancel this project if you like it guys...

I'd suggest changing engines. Try Godot and probably try learning GDScript.

Never heard of it but i'll check it out!

(11-01-2018, 12:11 AM)FabianLC Wrote: Super Mario War is like battle mode from SMB3 with more things, if you want to make something new make sure you play that first to avoid making something too similar

Yes, I know it already and that's why i'll avoid doing making something too similar as you said Wink

RE: Super Mario Battle - Need of developers and spriters! - Heapons - 11-01-2018

on the other hand, i'm still looking for developers... Whoops!

RE: Super Mario Battle - Need of developers and spriters! - Clobbah - 11-02-2018

(11-01-2018, 10:17 AM)Heapons Wrote: on the other hand, i'm still looking for developers... Whoops!

Trust me, Godot will really help. It's got a great community that'll help you out a lot.

Can't wait to see what comes out of this game.

RE: Super Mario Battle - Need of developers and spriters! - Heapons - 11-03-2018

Alright, thank you

RE: Super Mario Battle - Developers and Spriters wanted! - Heapons - 02-09-2019

The project is slowed down due to the lack of developers and school.
EDIT: It's summer so it means that I don't have school but I'm still looking for devs...

RE: Super Mario Battle - Developers and Spriters wanted! - Heapons - 05-18-2020

Damn, this thread is dead... but worry not, the fan-game is still in development!

RE: Super Mario Battle - Developers and Spriters wanted! - SuperSledgeBro - 05-18-2020

This idea reminds me a lot of a very old fangame called "Super Mario War".

Do you have ideas to make it different?

RE: Super Mario Battle - Developers and Spriters wanted! - Evan.F - 05-18-2020

(05-18-2020, 11:06 AM)SuperSledgeBro Wrote: This idea reminds me a lot of a very old fangame called "Super Mario War".

He said it’s gonna be different and it’s gonna be like SMB3’s battle mode. Probably not

RE: Super Mario Battle - Developers and Spriters wanted! - Heapons - 05-25-2020

(05-18-2020, 11:06 AM)SuperSledgeBro Wrote: This idea reminds me a lot of a very old fangame called "Super Mario War".

Yeah, I don't want my fangame to be another "Super Mario War 2.0".  I should just update my thread to be more clear about what to expect from Super Mario Battle.

RE: Super Mario Battle - Developers and Spriters wanted! - Evan.F - 05-25-2020

It appears to be in that weird art style that sprite animators use.

RE: Super Mario Battle - Developers and Spriters wanted! - Heapons - 05-25-2020

(05-25-2020, 08:09 AM)Evan.F Wrote: It appears to be in that weird art style that sprite animators use.

Is that what are you talking about?

RE: Super Mario Battle - Developers and Spriters wanted! - Pedigree - 05-30-2020

For such an ambitious project, realistically speaking, you should probably have more to contribute than graphics if you want to enlist others to help you. It's a tall order, asking developers to code for you for free on your hobby/passion project. Learning a game development tool and its scripting will be beneficial to you, so I hope you are taking Clobbah's suggestion seriously.

Honestly, you should also limit your focus to basic features to start with. You shouldn't be considering a level editor, cosmetics like hats or extraneous features like multiplayer until you have something playable in single player. So many fan game enthusiasts have this grand vision for their first fangame project, and they never finish the game because they are planning features that they have no skills or experience developing.

RE: Super Mario Battle - Developers and Spriters wanted! - Heapons - 06-01-2020

(05-30-2020, 01:23 PM)Pedigree Wrote: For such an ambitious project, realistically speaking, you should probably have more to contribute than graphics if you want to enlist others to help you. It's a tall order, asking developers to code for you for free on your hobby/passion project. Learning a game development tool and its scripting will be beneficial to you, so I hope you are taking Clobbah's suggestion seriously.

Honestly, you should also limit your focus to basic features to start with. You shouldn't be considering a level editor, cosmetics like hats or extraneous features like multiplayer until you have something playable in single player. So many fan game enthusiasts have this grand vision for their first fangame project, and they never finish the game because they are planning features that they have no skills or experience developing.
You're probably right, I'm maybe too overexcited lol. I'm currently struggling trying to manage my schedule properly and better so it will probably gonna take a while before I learn how to code on my own. But I'll keep you updated about that, eventually...
At least I'm glad to see that most of you are actually interested in this project, this really means a lot for me, thank you! I might apologize as well for false hopes, this game really should get some actual progress.

RE: Super Mario Battle - Developers and Spriters wanted! - Heapons - 08-07-2020

I'm really sorry to announce this but... I quit. I lost motivation, not because the project was "ambitious" or anything, I've just lost motivation and hope(?). I might resume this project someday if I feel like doing so but yeah. Again, I'm really sorry for any false hopes and I hope I didn't disappoint any of you.