MFGG Forums
How often do you donate coins? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: How often do you donate coins? (/showthread.php?tid=1219)

How often do you donate coins? - Mariotroid - 08-06-2018

I feel really bad for not donating coins but this is a completely new feature for MFGG so I dont know much about them. Should i donate my coins more often? I like seeing my coin number and inflating my ego when i see i have more coins than someone else. How do coins work? Should I donate? What say you?

Also what do you do with your coins on mfgg? Do you donate for competition winners or for funny posts? Do you donate for cool game facts or for great art? Or for fangame developers? Just wondering.

RE: How often do you donate coins? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 08-06-2018

I always forget they exists so I never donate lol. As of now I don’t think they have a purpose so I don’t feel too bad about it, but in the future maybe they will become more significant.

RE: How often do you donate coins? - Fun With Despair - 08-06-2018

I think you should give me all of your coins as a donation. 

Help the needy, and all that. Look how poor I am, don't you want to be a humanitarian and help a guy out?

RE: How often do you donate coins? - littlelum - 08-06-2018

I just view it as a post count or something like that

RE: How often do you donate coins? - Friendly Dictator - 08-06-2018

i think you should all donate your coins to me.

RE: How often do you donate coins? - rollerC - 08-06-2018

Give me your coins etc etc

RE: How often do you donate coins? - Kritter - 08-07-2018

Never. None of you deserve MY coins.

RE: How often do you donate coins? - VinnyVideo - 08-07-2018

I'm Wario. I built the system, and I built it so that I mint all the coins, and they all come to me!

(Actually, admins get a daily coin bonus because it's thought that we'd need to donate more of them for events and stuff.)

On a more serious note, I've done it a bunch of times, but sometimes I forget the Donate button exists!

RE: How often do you donate coins? - Kaguya Houraisan - 08-07-2018

I did once suggest that we can implement a shop system, in which we can take requests for coins in return. I believe it's never too late to give it a shot, for anyone who can make resources, etc.

RE: How often do you donate coins? - Kritter - 08-07-2018

If you have a spare $90+ we can implement a shop system, unless you know someone who'll develop one for free.

RE: How often do you donate coins? - Yakibomb - 08-08-2018

You're a dad Kritter, that means you have a job and are an adult, thus you have money. Clearly you should be paying for the shop system! WAH-HA-HA!

EDIT: For further context, that was not meant to be taken seriously.

I've only ever donated I think, once? That was when the forum got booted up to the new MyBB.

RE: How often do you donate coins? - Hyper - 08-08-2018

Not actually. Kritter does not have an income but his wife does from what I've remembered. Point being, even if you have income it's hard to come by with spare cash.

Anyways, back on topic. I donate coins on special occasions but not too often.

RE: How often do you donate coins? - Kaguya Houraisan - 08-08-2018

(08-07-2018, 11:29 PM)Kritter Wrote: If you have a spare $90+ we can implement a shop system, unless you know someone who'll develop one for free.

My bad, I remember I had explained it better in the original post:

(05-19-2018, 10:32 PM)Kaguya Houraisan Wrote: I figured that meanwhile, we can implement 'User Shop' threads so that people can take requests (art, music, resources in general, etc), and ask for coins in exchange. It doesn't need any technical updates to the feature, so we can start implementing it by our own choice! It might as well improve interactions between MFGGers, so we can give it a try.

Basically just this. A developed shop feature could be useful as well, but this can make up for the meantime.

RE: How often do you donate coins? - rollerC - 08-08-2018

I like that idea. Give people coins to make music for them, or sprites for them, or even a Pokemon trade. That'd be cool.

RE: How often do you donate coins? - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 08-08-2018

i'm a generous man; i give coins to anyone who makes good posts

RE: How often do you donate coins? - zelma - 08-09-2018

Never; but I'd gladly donate all my coins to whoever can get Vinny & Dustin to do their jobs right.

RE: How often do you donate coins? - recent - 08-09-2018

(08-09-2018, 02:21 PM)Zelma Wrote: Never; but I'd gladly donate all my coins to whoever can get Vinny & Dustin to do their jobs right.

brutal

RE: How often do you donate coins? - Retriever II - 08-13-2018

My coin bank is like Wonka's factory.  Nothing goes in.  Nothing comes out.

RE: How often do you donate coins? - СМБХфан - 08-13-2018

I donate a little bit to some users and I do that to make them donate back to me.

RE: How often do you donate coins? - DustinVG - 08-13-2018

(08-13-2018, 12:02 AM)Retriever II Wrote: My coin bank is like Wonka's factory.  Nothing goes in.  Nothing comes out.

Nobody ever goes in. And nobody ever goes in.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.