MFGG Forums
Super Smash Bros. Cards [In-Progress] - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Arts Board (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Super Smash Bros. Cards [In-Progress] (/showthread.php?tid=1229)

Super Smash Bros. Cards [In-Progress] - Zero Kirby - 08-11-2018

WARNING BIG IMAGES

I'm a big fan of drafting games, and Smashdown in the new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate seems like the perfect opportunity to bring drafting and all the requisite metagaming to Smash. So I want to make a whole deck of cards, featuring each and every Smash fighter Ultimate has, so I can do Smashdown drafts with my Smash group!

UPDATE: Finished up to Fighter 70 - Piranha Plant. The remaining five DLC Characters will be completed as they are revealed.

The full gallery is here.
https://imgur.com/a/EJgsTOb

RE: Super Smash Bros. Cards [In-Progress] - Evil Yoshi Toes - 08-11-2018

Nice! I love seeing video game characters and concepts applied to board or card games beyond chess and monopoly reskins.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Cards [In-Progress] - Zero Kirby - 08-12-2018

Updated the first post with a "finished" gallery of cards. Finished in quotations because there's still fighters we haven't seen yet.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Cards [In-Progress] - Mariotroid - 08-12-2018

I like luigi's pose. These are cool cards. Are you going to do anything with them or are they just art?

RE: Super Smash Bros. Cards [In-Progress] - Zero Kirby - 08-12-2018

I mentioned in the first post that I plan on printing them out for a drafting game in my Smash group. As a whole we enjoy drafting games like deck-builders and 7 Wonders, and I'm a huge fan of how the meta for games like them can change based on who you play with or even how the cards are shuffled.

This adds in the meta of who mains which fighter, so now the overall meta will change immensely based on who sits where as well, so I kinda feel like this will become a game in and of itself.

I've already gotten one of the group very excited about it, and they only played Smash because the rest of us played Smash and otherwise don't really care about the game. I hope that, when I eventually find a Smash group where I live, I'll be able to introduce this to them and they get as into it.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Cards [In-Progress] - Syaxamaphone - 08-12-2018

Oh wow! It looks like everyone is here!

RE: Super Smash Bros. Cards [In-Progress] - VinnyVideo - 08-13-2018

These are awesome indeed.

I didn't read all of the descriptions, but I am obliged to note that Roy never fights a character named Bern. Zephiel is the main antagonist in Roy's game, and Zephiel is the king of a place called Bern. (Many Fire Emblem games have places named after actual locations, but I digress).

RE: Super Smash Bros. Cards [In-Progress] - Zero Kirby - 08-13-2018

(08-13-2018, 07:47 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: These are awesome indeed.

I didn't read all of the descriptions, but I am obliged to note that Roy never fights a character named Bern. Zephiel is the main antagonist in Roy's game, and Zephiel is the king of a place called Bern. (Many Fire Emblem games have places named after actual locations, but I digress).

I've never played any Fire Emblem game ever, so I had to base the descriptions off of Wiki information I didn't understand very well, ha ha ha. Thanks very much. I shall fix that super-fast.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Cards [In-Progress] - Zero Kirby - 09-17-2018

Well, they added Isabelle, so I added Isabelle.

[Image: fyNHGBy.png]

RE: Super Smash Bros. Cards [In-Progress] - Shadow Administrator Drei - 09-17-2018

Very nice. Have you printed out any examples? I feel the grey out logos might not be distinct enough.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Cards [In-Progress] - Zero Kirby - 09-18-2018

I have indeed printed out most of them:

[Image: 20180821_041817.jpg]

These aren't printed on actual cardstock, but using some guide I found on Board Game Geek to hand-make your own decks of cards. They've turned out pretty good thus far!

RE: Super Smash Bros. Cards [In-Progress] - Shadow Administrator Drei - 09-18-2018

Whoa, nice. And the pic shows my concern is not a worry. Super nice ZK.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Cards [In-Progress] - Sgt Nate V - 09-23-2018

I remember when you first started this project.

I asked for a template.

Where is it?

RE: Super Smash Bros. Cards [In-Progress] - Zero Kirby - 09-23-2018

(09-23-2018, 09:49 AM)Sgt Nate V Wrote: I remember when you first started this project.

I asked for a template.

Where is it?

I also said at the time I was gonna wait until all the cards were done before I posted it.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Cards [In-Progress] - Q-Nova - 09-30-2018

Ooh, these are very neat! Thumbs Up I like how the cards are designed!

RE: Super Smash Bros. Cards [In-Progress] - Honey Saucer Gengar - 10-10-2018

These are pretty cool! 
I actually plan on making non-ultimate cards for each game.
Alongside Item cards and Final Smashes.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Cards [In-Progress] - Zero Kirby - 11-02-2018

Time for a few more cards.

Ken
Incineroar
Piranha Plant

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.