MFGG Forums
Rock Band and Guitar Hero - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Rock Band and Guitar Hero (/showthread.php?tid=1244)

Rock Band and Guitar Hero - fireball3k - 08-21-2018

did anyone play this series back in the day? better yet, does anyone else still play it?

i can play every instrument except the drums on expert, and even then, i'm still trying to practice to get to where i can be a good drummer. i wasted so much of my teenaged/early 20s years playing the crap out of these games, even though i never got as good as someone like, say, ukogmonkey or acai.

RE: Rock Band and Guitar Hero - Evil Yoshi Toes - 08-21-2018

I had Guitar Hero and my best friend had Rock Band so I played a lot of it when it was popular. I sucked though because I had awful reflexes but it was still a blast to play and I bet I looked really cool on the guitar lol. I was pretty young when the games came out though so I wonder if I'd be better at them if I tried them again.

RE: Rock Band and Guitar Hero - HylianDev - 08-21-2018

Still playing! I've got Rock Band 4 on PS4. I mostly play drums. I do everything on expert, except singing which I've never done actually.

RE: Rock Band and Guitar Hero - Mariotroid - 08-21-2018

I played them yes. I also wanted my time on them. I could've picked up a real guitar and got to playing rather than a plastic one. I could've been in a band with the amount I played... we all have perfect 20/20 hindsight

RE: Rock Band and Guitar Hero - fireball3k - 08-21-2018

^this is why i now play rocksmith in addition to practicing fake plastic guitar. one's a game, but the other's a learning tool that inspired me to buy my own six-string. playing the drums in rock band has made me a better drummer, though, because it's really not that far off from playing an actual kit.

hylian, i'm on xbox one, myself. if i had gone with the PS4 first this generation, i'd have still bought an xbox one so i could transfer over my hundreds of DLC songs from the 360 haha. i somehow managed to find a rock band 2 wireless kit that i can plug some pro cymbals into and just jam it out on some pro drums, man.

RE: Rock Band and Guitar Hero - VinnyVideo - 08-21-2018

Curiously, I've never played any of these before! I probably should though.

RE: Rock Band and Guitar Hero - Kirby's Adventure - 08-22-2018

It's still disappointing that the Wii drum set doesn't work with MIDI. Perhaps I'll chance upon a PS3 or 360 set someday.

RE: Rock Band and Guitar Hero - Evil Yoshi Toes - 08-22-2018

(08-21-2018, 09:47 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: Curiously, I've never played any of these before! I probably should though.

I'd definitely recommend playing Rock Band with some friends if you ever have the opportunity. Even if you're bad at the game, as I am, it's a lot of fun to just mess around and see how well you can do as a team. Guitar Hero is more solo if I remember correctly but I think it's still a lot more fun to play with friends so you can compete for the highest score. Neither of the games held my interesting playing by myself, but I'm also not really into playing instruments so that could be why.

RE: Rock Band and Guitar Hero - fireball3k - 08-22-2018

(08-22-2018, 12:28 AM)Kirby's Adventure Wrote: It's still disappointing that the Wii drum set doesn't work with MIDI. Perhaps I'll chance upon a PS3 or 360 set someday.

if you don't mind dropping a few hundred for it, i think the ION drum rocker is compatible with MIDI. that thing was practically an electronic kit as it stands, so i'm pretty sure it would work for your purposes.

vinny, if you were going to play guitar hero at all, i'd honestly recommend trying out clone hero if you could find a compatible guitar controller. that game is (what else) a clone of guitar hero for the PC which is one of the best ways to play guitar hero songs now. i'd sell you a guitar hero controller if i had a spare.

RE: Rock Band and Guitar Hero - HylianDev - 08-23-2018

(08-22-2018, 09:02 PM)fireball3k Wrote: vinny, if you were going to play guitar hero at all, i'd honestly recommend trying out clone hero if you could find a compatible guitar controller. that game is (what else) a clone of guitar hero for the PC which is one of the best ways to play guitar hero songs now. i'd sell you a guitar hero controller if i had a spare.

I remember when all we had was Frets On Fire lol

RE: Rock Band and Guitar Hero - fireball3k - 08-26-2018

dude, i remember being 16 and knowing i was going to get guitar hero 2 for christmas that year. i remember being so desperate to play some guitar hero that i downloaded that game and told my mom that i did, and she was tickled pink that i was trying to cheat on my christmas present like that haha

i remember the songs that came with frets on fire were pretty good. there was bang bang mystery man and defy the machine, i remember that much.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.