MFGG Forums
Wrongfully Removed From the Discord Without Warning - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Resolved Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: Wrongfully Removed From the Discord Without Warning (/showthread.php?tid=1246)

Wrongfully Removed From the Discord Without Warning - Shadow Administrator Drei - 08-21-2018

I was seemingly kicked/banned from the discord without being informed why nor how long nor nor knowing by who, though I have a good guess. This is a complete lack of transparency intended to shut out dissenting voices. There should be appropriate reprimands to the staff member who conducted this as it is an established standard to inform people what they have done wrong and why before taking action by the staff, or maybe the five or so staff members who've said so were lying?

RE: Wrongfully Removed From the Discord Without Warning - Syaxamaphone - 08-21-2018

I can still @ you but I'm being told that this is just discord being discord. Are you really banned???

That's really scummy! Like, right after he said he'd try to do better too...

RE: Wrongfully Removed From the Discord Without Warning - rollerC - 08-22-2018

(08-21-2018, 11:11 PM)GothGirlGangDrei Wrote: nor knowing by who, though I have a good guess.

I have a feeling you are referring to me here, but I left the MFGG server and am currently on an indefinite personal break, so no, I did not kick or ban you. I'm guessing it's just Discord being Discord, but if it isn't, then at least know I didn't do it. By the time you sent me that long PM, I had already left the server.

If you aren't referring to me, then never mind and have a good day.

RE: Wrongfully Removed From the Discord Without Warning - Shadow Administrator Drei - 08-22-2018

Please don't don't be so presumptuous.

(08-22-2018, 03:18 AM)GothGirlGangDrei Wrote: Please don't don't be so presumptuous.

(08-22-2018, 02:54 AM)rollerC Wrote: If you aren't referring to me, then never mind and have a good day.

I was only trying to help with what I know. All the other staff are likely asleep right now.

RE: Wrongfully Removed From the Discord Without Warning - Kritter - 08-22-2018

MFGG can't have nice things.

RE: Wrongfully Removed From the Discord Without Warning - Shadow Administrator Drei - 08-22-2018

Well, if you hadn't left and were doing what your position entails, you likely would've been able to unban me instead of self victimizing!

that was really uncalled for

RE: Wrongfully Removed From the Discord Without Warning - Pedigree - 08-22-2018

Though we agree that you were wrongfully banned by Vinny, without him informing you of the ban length or reason and not recusing himself from the situation in which he was involved, the consensus is that we are not going to overturn the ban at this time. The majority of the group feels that you are harassing Vinny with baseless accusations, especially when you've been given many opportunities to provide evidence that he has been harassing you and you still have yet to provide it.

If you were to be able to provide the evidence to us in private, we might discuss it further... but at this time there will be no reversal of the ban from Discord. I'm sorry about the way it was handled last night and it will not happen going forward if I can help it.

Take a week off from Discord for the time being, but please don't hesitate to come to us with further issues.

Quote:Well, if you hadn't left and were doing what your position entails, you likely would've been able to unban me instead of self victimizing!
Flaming Roller isn't really helping, you know. Now I have to issue a warning point on the forums. If this thread continues to escalate, I will have to close it.

RE: Wrongfully Removed From the Discord Without Warning - Syaxamaphone - 08-22-2018

I'm not going to defend Stir's disposition, but what of Vinny? He does his fair share of poking and prodding as well (sometimes even preemptively before Stir is riled up). He pops into the discord to chastise Stir without actually reading the context and it starts a fight. This is poor form for the admin of a community.

Just last night we were speaking on discord, addressing our concerns to Vinny. He admitted that he needs to be more level-headed and then immediately just bans Stir without warning. S and I were there, participating in the same conversation and there was not so much as a slap on the wrist for us.

This sudden ban is just another instance in a long line of questionable actions towards Stir.

RE: Wrongfully Removed From the Discord Without Warning - Pedigree - 08-22-2018

(08-22-2018, 02:42 PM)Syaxamaphone Wrote: I'm not going to defend Stir's disposition, but what of Vinny? He does his fair share of poking and prodding as well (sometimes even preemptively before Stir is riled up). He pops into the discord to chastise Stir without actually reading the context and it starts a fight. This is poor form for the admin of a community.

Just last night we were speaking on discord, addressing our concerns to Vinny. He admitted that he needs to be more level-headed and then immediately just bans Stir without warning. S and I were there, participating in the same conversation and there was not so much as a slap on the wrist for us.

This sudden ban is just another instance in a long line of questionable actions towards Stir.
Believe me, I understand this concern and will forward it to the other admins. I do agree with you that this was in poor form and that Vinny did instigate and escalate the issue from what I observed in the chat. At the same time, I am beneath Vinny in position and am busy moving, so I will have to direct this issue to the other admins.

RE: Wrongfully Removed From the Discord Without Warning - Syaxamaphone - 08-22-2018

(08-22-2018, 02:45 PM)Pedigree Wrote: Believe me, I understand this concern and will forward it to the other admins. I do agree with you that this was in poor form and that Vinny did instigate and escalate the issue from what I observed in the chat. At the same time, I am beneath Vinny in position and am busy moving, so I will have to direct this issue to the other admins.

Do not worry my dude, I am down to personally fight Vinny over this.

(08-22-2018, 02:51 PM)Syaxamaphone Wrote: Do not worry my dude, I am down to personally fight Vinny over this.

most viewed twitch stream in history

I have no issue with the warning, but there's no reason for Roller to try and derail my concern and topic with their soapbox. I'll be approaching a reputable admin.

RE: Wrongfully Removed From the Discord Without Warning - VinnyVideo - 08-22-2018

I'd rather handle this kind of matter in private, but since you asked publicly, you were repeatedly making personal attacks with no evidence to back them up and refused to stop, and you've been warned many times about flaming and hostile behavior in the past. Please work on being a friendlier and more level-headed contributor to the MFGG community. I don't have any problems with suggestions, criticism, or complaints - just be reasonable about it.

I apologize for any miscommunication about this. If you have questions about a specific moderation decision, it's best to contact an admin in private (it doesn't have to be me - any admin will be able to help you). Usually it's easier to reach a mutual understanding of why the decision was made and an agreement on how to avoid problems like this from recurring if you do a one-on-one talk with another admin.

RE: Wrongfully Removed From the Discord Without Warning - rollerC - 08-23-2018

(08-22-2018, 05:03 PM)GothGirlGangDrei Wrote: I have no issue with the warning, but there's no reason for Roller to try and derail my concern and topic with their soapbox. I'll be approaching a reputable admin.

I have no intention of derailing your topic, however, I think it would be reasonable for me to assume that you were referring to me considering what happened a few hours prior to your creation of this thread, as I had no idea about the altercation you and Vinny had. I was genuinely trying to help with what I knew and you responded with a flame. I'm still a Discord chat moderator, and I'm supposed to help with these claims, even with what little I knew. There was no soapboxing on my part as I literally did not express an opinion over anything besides saying it was probably just Discord being Discord, because it's standard policy to inform members of bans and ban lengths, which I assumed would've happened had you been banned. It was unfortunate for me that I was wrong on all counts.

Nonetheless, it's up to you to approach an admin about how you feel about my initial response, I'm just trying to explain that there was no ill will on my part.

RE: Wrongfully Removed From the Discord Without Warning - zelma - 08-23-2018

I think it's time we banned VinnyVideo.

RE: Wrongfully Removed From the Discord Without Warning - Cruise Elroy - 08-23-2018

@GothGirlGangDrei no need for you to publicly announce here that you're gonna report Roller to us. Just report him if you think he's been causing an issue; there's no reason everyone else needs to know you did.

Anywho, since Vinny's already responded to the main point of this thread and since I get the impression this topic's gonna continue to escalate I'm gonna lock 'er down.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.