MFGG Forums
Re: Myphbb Engine | Why VinnyVideo should be banned(or demoted) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Resolved Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: Re: Myphbb Engine | Why VinnyVideo should be banned(or demoted) (/showthread.php?tid=1252)

Re: Myphbb Engine | Why VinnyVideo should be banned(or demoted) - zelma - 08-24-2018

Hello users of MFGG userbase, it has come to my attention that I have been warned for my un-constructive criticism of current staff member VinnyVideo(Notified by the lovely phbb bot) but instead of react in a childish and impulsive manner I decided to do what MFGG_STAFF and the rest of the userbase expects least from GothGirlGang member and founder, ZelmaXMalon. So without further delay, let's get into this:

Why VinnyVideo should be demoted and/or banned.

Now we all know I'm no stanger to getting of the staff's nerve. I'm not stranger to getting banned and I'm defintely no stranger when it comes to not being well liked on this internet community. I can deal with all of these things in stride. What I cannot deal with, however, is the forum administrator being such a poor leader and influence on both the users here and other staff members. Vinny may be a nice enough guy, easy to talk to and very passionate about fangames but it is very clear that he either does not share the same passion for running the forum or just doesn't care.

Here's a quick story: One of my posts was deleted for no apparent reason and unfairly marked as spam/trolling by the man of the hour, Vinny. EIther immediately or a couple hours after I went on discord and publically caused a scene and @'d multiple times. If you've ever been @'d on discord you know what i'm talking about. You get a big ass red button letting you know, you get an e-mail...point is, you're alerted. You know that someone, SOMEBODY is trying to reach directly to YOU. Vinny ignored all 5 of the time I @ him and as a result I was prompted to take it to PMs to get further ignored or wait for someone else to handle it. Luckily enough, a staff member who I actually respect stepped in and corrected the issue but Vinny was absent for the whole situation. All of it. Didn't participate in one instance to even communicate to me why he did what he did. To me, this reeks of unprofessional-ism and is a terrible look on the community as a whole. 

I also want to throw in that this is not just a complaint from me, but multiple members. Vinny is just in general out of the loop...seemingly...A LOT of the time. Wouldn't you guys feel more comfortable having someone who is both aware of what's going on in the community side and main site side of things? Does a member like that not exist here? Kritter doesn't count.

Regardless of how you feel about it or not, when you are an administrator you're basically the leader of the pack. The commander. The leader of britania rebel force going against the corrupt political party using japan for it's own personal gain. It is a VERY bad look when the commander just dips out when you guys are under attack and someone else from the pack has to take over and then go back and fetch the commander who ran away in the first place...for seemingly no reason. Why would you follow someone like that? I wouldn't. I wouldn't trust a guy like that to administrate my 6 year old cousin and all he does is play roblox and pretend he's spider-man.

The same thing seems to be happening again with my brother Kira Yamamoto, or better known as Stir or Drei. He has been banned by Vinny and once again, Vinny refuses to speak on the issue and has other staff members speaking up and covering for his actions. Is this the way MFGG will be handled forever? Is MFGG not in need of a new leader? I'm praying for the day.

And that is my criticism of vinnyvideo.

RE: Re: Myphbb Engine | Why VinnyVideo should be banned(or demoted) - Pedigree - 08-24-2018

I agree with your concerns, but please do not suggest that someone be banned/demoted.

Vinny is probably just going through a busy time in his life, and maybe that won't always be the case. Still though, it isn't right that you weren't informed or talked to about why your post was deleted. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

The concerns in the thread are valid, but I really don't think we need to go to such extremes as banning or demoting him over this. If it continues to be an issue, definitely let us know so we can find another way to work on correcting it if possible.

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns!

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.