MFGG Forums
Make an official MFGG YouTube channel? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Make an official MFGG YouTube channel? (/showthread.php?tid=1264)

Make an official MFGG YouTube channel? - VinnyVideo - 09-01-2018

We've had a few discussions in the past about making an official YouTube channel. Would you like to see that?

If so, what kinds of content would you like to see? And would you be interested in contributing to it?

Lots of individual MFGGers use YouTube to share things like game trailers and gameplay footage. However, we've never had an official YouTube account, and we've never made a coordinated effort to use YouTube to promote MFGG and MFGG's games. This could be a good opportunity to help make MFGG a better and more active place.

RE: Make an official MFGG YouTube channel? - Fun With Despair - 09-01-2018

I could potentially do some game review videos. I've done MFGG streams before, although only ever streamed games that I knew were bad for the comedy factor. Doing similar but in a more serious tone would be fun.

RE: Make an official MFGG YouTube channel? - SonicKade2048 - 09-01-2018

I've been wanting to talk about this idea for a long time, we could use a YouTube channel for promoting more content about MFGG and its content. Maybe we could make some showcase videos about bunches of art people create, or maybe some songs people have made? I'd honestly like to see where this would head/lead.

RE: Make an official MFGG YouTube channel? - OssieTheOstrich - 09-02-2018

While it could spread MFGG to be more well known, it can also allow Nintendo to take notice of us, which is something we obviously don't want.

RE: Make an official MFGG YouTube channel? - DustinVG - 09-02-2018

Already exists, but it could maybe stand to be more active.

RE: Make an official MFGG YouTube channel? - VinnyVideo - 09-02-2018

@Dustinvgmaster Oh yeah, I forgot we had one. I'd like to see us do more with it, though - having an active presence on YouTube is pretty important these days.

I'd love to see someone make an "MFGG Direct" video showcasing recent projects.

RE: Make an official MFGG YouTube channel? - Kritter - 09-02-2018

Like most suggested projects at this place, they're all good ideas that nobody at MFGG has the motivation to work on or keep active so it stagnates.

RE: Make an official MFGG YouTube channel? - Kirby's Adventure - 09-03-2018

I suggested a rough idea in private:

GOTM/Game Review at the beginning of the week
User-submitted content (trailers?) in the middle of the week
Podcast at the end of the week

Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday? But I also recognize this is a lot of effort to put into something that won't generate revenue.

RE: Make an official MFGG YouTube channel? - VinnyVideo - 09-03-2018

Having a set schedule for new videos would be awesome. I don't know if anyone would be able to produce them that frequently, though, unless it was for a portfolio or something.

RE: Make an official MFGG YouTube channel? - Kirby's Adventure - 09-03-2018

(09-03-2018, 01:04 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: Having a set schedule for new videos would be awesome. I don't know if anyone would be able to produce them that frequently, though, unless it was for a portfolio or something.

Maybe change it to something like Wednesday/Saturday and have the uploads be GOTM/reviews/other and then a podcast. That way it's not a crime if a date gets missed... there was just nothing to upload that day. Whereas missing two upload dates in a row is just a bad look

VinnyVideo Wrote:I'd love to see someone make an "MFGG Direct" video showcasing recent projects.

I somehow overlooked this post! That's a good idea.

RE: Make an official MFGG YouTube channel? - OssieTheOstrich - 04-10-2019

Okay, so, for people who don't use the discord wanting to know if the Youtube channel will become more active, here's a post from VinnyVideo.
VinnyVideo Wrote:Someone mentioned the old MFGG YouTube channel that Ped ran. Nobody knows what e-mail address it was connected to, so we can't sign in. There's a new, blank YouTube channel connected to our MFGG Gmail account, though.

Due to this, we probably have to either: (A) Make a new one from scratch. Or (B) Do this.

RE: Make an official MFGG YouTube channel? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 04-10-2019

If this became reality, we could have users submit their fangame trailers to the channel and have them reviewed by a youtube QC and presented there, that way we don't have to rely on a small group of individuals to make videos regularly. People submitting their own fan game trailers and videos means that a chunk of the content would be made to benefit the people making it. There could then also be reviews and gameplays by the staff running the channel, but to rely only on content made specifically for the channel is not very safe.

RE: Make an official MFGG YouTube channel? - VinnyVideo - 04-10-2019

We still have access to a YouTube channel that's linked to the MFGG Gmail account. We haven't done anything with it, so it's empty, but it does exist.

I like the idea that @Evil Yoshi Toes mentioned.

RE: Make an official MFGG YouTube channel? - OssieTheOstrich - 04-11-2019

(04-10-2019, 10:29 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: We still have access to a YouTube channel that's linked to the MFGG Gmail account. We haven't done anything with it, so it's empty, but it does exist.

I like the idea that @Evil Yoshi Toes mentioned.

So, why don't we start using the channel, and also use the idea Evil Yoshi Toes thought up.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.