MFGG Forums
Require Bans to be Informed - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Resolved Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: Require Bans to be Informed (/showthread.php?tid=1269)

Require Bans to be Informed - Shadow Administrator Drei - 09-03-2018

This is like the third time? Require staff tell you why you were banned. Diantha is not involved. Despair is not involved. Beatrice is unresponsive. KirbyAdventure gave a vague reason that, when I asked to expand on, he said he'd have to talk to admins. HDev is unresponsive. Cruise provided me a wrong-context situation, lied about the other staff, presented an argument that should have members like Vinny banned, and then left. Dustin has pretty harshly refused to give me actual examples, instead stating its a subjective matter. I've contacted every single staff member except Pedigree, who is away, and Vinny, who I am collecting all his instances of harassment and hopefully someone who will validate his use of leftist and other terms to slur against me in the staff chats, and I have no idea why I was banned except for an ignorant reading of a situation that Kirb created by deleting a post in an attempt to be defiant to me pointing something out that he literally said he appreciated as he didn't intend to share something. I know it was defiant as he could've just edited the post he deleted, and he said a very common phrase of defiance, then started bickering at me when I explained myself that I was just giving him a friendly heads up.

The staff can't make it impossible to talk about their faults on the discord via the rules, then ban you for no reason, then not even try to have followed their own guidelines and rules about warnings and bans. I am being shoved out of the community for being personally disliked, not for breaking or disrupting the community, especially when Kirb, who was the one causing all of the hostility on the discord, not only gets off free for being the one who created the negative situation in all three cases relevant, but was given a slap on the wrist for harassing me in the feedback channel.

RE: Require Bans to be Informed - rollerC - 09-03-2018

I take what I said back. If you were informed, it was entirely justified imo

RE: Require Bans to be Informed - zelma - 09-03-2018

Sad to see that MFGG_STAFF is still continuing their cycle of abusing members! I hope this comes to an end very soon as it's not the hero way to do things!

#JUSTICEFORSTIR

RE: Require Bans to be Informed - Kirby's Adventure - 09-03-2018

Since I was the first person to contact you, I suppose I should respond. I'm not going to speak for the other staff members, but myself and the parts of this that I'm directly involved with.

(09-03-2018, 05:21 PM)GothGirlGangDrei Wrote: Require staff tell you why you were banned. ... KirbyAdventure gave a vague reason that, when I asked to expand on, he said he'd have to talk to admins.
I did tell you why you were banned. You never asked me to expand upon the reason you were banned, you only gave me your side of the story. My response was showing your concerns to the other staff members, but as I said, you never asked me to elaborate on your ban. After I made it clear that the length of the ban is non-negotiable, you said you "[weren't] sure about that" and would talk to either Cruise or Hylian.

(09-03-2018, 05:21 PM)GothGirlGangDrei Wrote: Beatrice is unresponsive.
I said I wouldn't speak for other staff members, but I would like to note that it was night where she lives earlier.

(09-03-2018, 05:21 PM)GothGirlGangDrei Wrote: I have no idea why I was banned except for an ignorant reading of a situation that Kirb created by deleting a post in an attempt to be defiant to me pointing something out that he literally said he appreciated as he didn't intend to share something.
The situation regarding KL last night did play a part in your ban, but for quite awhile now your abrasive behavior in the Discord server has created a lot of tension and several conflicts that could be avoided. Additionally, when this matter was being addressed with the other staff members earlier today, those present agreed with the assessment of the situation and your ban.

(09-03-2018, 05:21 PM)GothGirlGangDrei Wrote: The staff can't make it impossible to talk about their faults on the discord via the rules, then ban you for no reason, then not even try to have followed their own guidelines and rules about warnings and bans. I am being shoved out of the community for being personally disliked, not for breaking or disrupting the community, especially when Kirb, who was the one causing all of the hostility on the discord, not only gets off free for being the one who created the negative situation in all three cases relevant, but was given a slap on the wrist for harassing me in the feedback channel.
It's not "impossible" to address the faults of the staff, it's just not ideal to do it in public; with too many people giving their own input quickly, things can become messy - or toxic. However, while more openness to opposing views and better communication is needed from both the staff and userbase, in this instance you were not "banned for no reason." One of the best things to keep in mind while addressing any concerns is to stay civil. Additionaly, KL requires patience; while he did name you directly, please keep in mind he views and examines situations differently than most people.

RE: Require Bans to be Informed - Shadow Administrator Drei - 09-03-2018

I'm not sure what you said before Roller, but once I was asked to stop, I did, and I privately asked the person who asked me to stop what I did wrong and they have refused to respond since my inquiry. I have been told a single thing, which was found to be based on wrong context, so I am just "hostile" with no examples or actual explanation. I am an agreeable person when there's evidence and reason behind a decision.

(09-03-2018, 06:13 PM)Kirby's Adventure Wrote: Since I was the first person to contact you, I suppose I should respond. I'm not going to speak for the other staff members, but myself and the parts of this that I'm directly involved with.
Okay.

(09-03-2018, 06:13 PM)Kirby's Adventure Wrote: I did tell you why you were banned. You never asked me to expand upon the reason you were banned, you only gave me your side of the story. My response was showing your concerns to the other staff members, but as I said, you never asked me to elaborate on your ban. After I made it clear that the length of the ban is non-negotiable, you said you "[weren't] sure about that" and would talk to either Cruise or Hylian.
No, you said, even after being warned, I continued to express certain behaviour. I don't think I said anything at all after Beatrice warned me. No ban is non-negotiable, especially when the last 5 or so decisions of the admin Dustin have been overturned for being blatant admin abuse.

(09-03-2018, 06:13 PM)Kirby's Adventure Wrote: I said I wouldn't speak for other staff members, but I would like to note that it was night where she lives earlier.
Okay? I contacted her right after she warned me. She was online for a while after that.

(09-03-2018, 06:13 PM)Kirby's Adventure Wrote: The situation regarding KL last night did play a part in your ban, but for quite awhile now your abrasive behavior in the Discord server has created a lot of tension and several conflicts that could be avoided. Additionally, when this matter was being addressed with the other staff members earlier today, those present agreed with the assessment of the situation and your ban.
So you guys are now banning people for things they had already served punishments for? Again, this should really compound Vinny to a similar month ban then for his harassment about two weeks ago. They had an incorrect context for the KL events, so?

(09-03-2018, 06:13 PM)Kirby's Adventure Wrote: It's not "impossible" to address the faults of the staff, it's just not ideal to do it in public; with too many people giving their own input quickly, things can become messy - or toxic. However, while more openness to opposing views and better communication is needed from both the staff and userbase, in this instance you were not "banned for no reason." One of the best things to keep in mind while addressing any concerns is to stay civil. Additionaly, KL requires patience; while he did name you directly, please keep in mind he views and examines situations differently than most people.
It actually is ideal to do so in public! It shows that people can actually have a say and come to different views and conclusions than just the toxic environment Dustin and Vinny already have in DMs. I was banned for no reason because I was already warned, didn't do anything further, and the only example of what I did to be banned turned out to be missing context that presented it as me instigating.

I do treat KL differently, and in no way was I harassing him last night.

Telling someone why they were banned INCLUDES an explanation if one is asked for, especially if I ask several staff and get an inconsistent answer that is actually based on factually incorrect situations. Else, you can freely make up reasons.

I realize it might not be clear or that certain staff may not share the details due to bias, but KL posted a link to a youtube video that included his youtube channel's like playlist. I informed him of that and he deleted the link outright, adding on "well fine" in text after. That reads to me like intentional defiance, though if you lack the link posting, can read like he didn't care. Reading further and with the present context shows it was not the case. I let him know I was just making sure he was aware, and as I explained later, because sometimes it isn't obvious that youtube has added your link. KL explicitly stated he didn't intend to have his channel attached, so the hostility in that argument that I kept ensuring him that I was just giving a heads up on, was entirely on KL and started by him. 

The earlier hostility was also from KL, as I gave him a critique of a sprite and he immediately dismissed it. After Teal and I discussed something, I told KL that I hoped he tried to fix the sprite, as it had a really nice form, but some glaring issues else wise that it seemed he might be disregarding.

The latter one I'm not sure how it started, but I let KL know that if he is bothered by me, that I won't feel bad if he has to block me. He immediately opened up the soap box and I explained that, yes, I do feel bad for him, and that me telling him he can block me is for his own benefit if he deems it necessary. That is when Beatrice came in saying I was borderline flaming, which absolutely zero staff have explained.

RE: Require Bans to be Informed - Mario - 09-03-2018

Thanks for sticking around Drei. I know you want MFGG to be a better place, and anyone else in your situation would have high tailed it out of there instead of continually trying to improve the community despite the staff's indifference.

RE: Require Bans to be Informed - Pedigree - 09-21-2018

It is our policy that every ban should be communicated to the member receiving it and we are sorry that you've had this experience. If you have any further instances with this in the future, please do not hesitate to PM me and it will be addressed.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.