MFGG Forums
Final update for GM Studio 1.4 - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Final update for GM Studio 1.4 (/showthread.php?tid=1279)

Final update for GM Studio 1.4 - VinnyVideo - 09-03-2018

https://www.yoyogames.com/blog/481/gamemaker-studio-1-4-9999-released

Looks like this'll be the last update for GM Studio 1.4.

RE: Final update for GM Studio 1.4 - Yoshubs - 09-03-2018

I am very sad to see that in the end, Yoyogames didn't even give the application to people who wanted it. GameMaker: Studio should be available to the public for free after this. It's the perfect way to convince people to buy 2 and introduce new developers.

RE: Final update for GM Studio 1.4 - Clobbah - 09-06-2018

(09-03-2018, 09:38 PM)Yoshubs Wrote: I am very sad to see that in the end, Yoyogames didn't even give the application to people who wanted it. GameMaker: Studio should be available to the public for free after this. It's the perfect way to convince people to buy 2 and introduce new developers.

Yes please. I've wanted to try it.

RE: Final update for GM Studio 1.4 - Shadow Administrator Drei - 09-06-2018

That's . . . now how businesses work, especially if they're trying to sell their successor program.

RE: Final update for GM Studio 1.4 - Clobbah - 09-07-2018

(09-06-2018, 11:20 PM)GothGirlGangDrei Wrote: That's . . . now how businesses work, especially if they're trying to sell their successor program.

I'm assuming you mean not, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Clickteam has been doing this for a while. They have downloads to MMF2 (Standard and Developer) AND The Games Factoru 2 on their website.

RE: Final update for GM Studio 1.4 - Syaxamaphone - 09-07-2018

I -JUST- bit the bullet last year and moved on from GM8.1 and they go and make me outdated again!

RE: Final update for GM Studio 1.4 - BrandonB - 11-02-2018

I'm not sure how many people here know this, but if you have a Steam account, you can still download the Standard version of GameMaker: Studio for free via SteamDB.

Even though YoYoGames removed it from the store a while back, you can still download it legally via the link above.  Wink

RE: Final update for GM Studio 1.4 - FabianLC - 11-02-2018

(11-02-2018, 11:52 AM)BrandonB Wrote: I'm not sure how many people here know this, but if you have a Steam account, you can still download the Standard version of GameMaker: Studio for free via SteamDB.

Even though YoYoGames removed it from the store a while back, you can still download it legally via the link above.  Wink
That is not true , you can't get it from steam unless you already have it on your account, I've tried on my brother's pc(because I already have it) and it just doesn't work

RE: Final update for GM Studio 1.4 - BrandonB - 11-02-2018

(11-02-2018, 01:41 PM)FabianLC Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 11:52 AM)BrandonB Wrote: I'm not sure how many people here know this, but if you have a Steam account, you can still download the Standard version of GameMaker: Studio for free via SteamDB.

That is not true , you can't get it from steam unless you already have it on your account, I've tried on my brother's pc(because I already have it) and it just doesn't work

That's weird because it worked for me. I never downloaded it from Steam when it was available but I was able to get it through SteamDB, even after it was removed. But then again, I did it a year ago, maybe it doesn't work anymore?

RE: Final update for GM Studio 1.4 - FabianLC - 11-03-2018

(11-02-2018, 09:57 PM)BrandonB Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 01:41 PM)FabianLC Wrote:

That's weird because it worked for me. I never downloaded it from Steam when it was available but I was able to get it through SteamDB, even after it was removed. But then again, I did it a year ago, maybe it doesn't work anymore?
yeah I got it from there this year but the download stopped working some months after.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.