MFGG Forums
Give Me 5 Good Reasons to Not Cancel Zelma's Friend's CR Account - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Give Me 5 Good Reasons to Not Cancel Zelma's Friend's CR Account (/showthread.php?tid=1280)

Give Me 5 Good Reasons to Not Cancel Zelma's Friend's CR Account - Shadow Administrator Drei - 09-03-2018

Crunchyroll is a blight upon the anime industry and supporting it financially is just encouraging the same boring, inane waifu bait to come and go each season. So little new and exciting content is made, and that which is is slow to arrive because the funding is so directed to people pretending to have a voluptuous or literal child significant other, or pretend to have a controlling power on those they deem lower than then when they're really just NEETs.

The premium streaming quality is supremely low, especially for lower priority content.

Subtitling is not customizable, so if the subs they have were sloppy or if there's egregious rights issues ala JoJo, you're stuck with suffering.

You can only search for the English title, and usually only the dubbed name instead of, say, any fan-common transliteral name. If I search for Psalms, I don't get the Eureka Seven series, which in the Japanese title translates to "Psalms of Planets: Eureka Seven."

They still use Flash as their video delivery, and IIRC aren't even actively testing a beta of HTML5 anymore for the Premium Plus members.

Show tracking is lacking, forcing you to use third party services to keep a catalouge instead of being convenient and having an in-service one that you can export from.

RE: Give Me 5 Good Reasons to Not Cancel Zelma's Friend's CR Account - Syaxamaphone - 09-03-2018

Tell them to use Nyaa

Also CR still using flash is a JOKE.

RE: Give Me 5 Good Reasons to Not Cancel Zelma's Friend's CR Account - fireball3k - 09-04-2018

> crunchyroll is a blight on the anime industry

why is there no option to give posts a downvote here? OP is exactly the sort of cancer that makes me not want to admit i like anime to people who aren't losers like myself

RE: Give Me 5 Good Reasons to Not Cancel Zelma's Friend's CR Account - zelma - 09-04-2018

(09-04-2018, 01:53 AM)fireball3k Wrote: > crunchyroll is a blight on the anime industry

why is there no option to give posts a downvote here? OP is exactly the sort of cancer that makes me not want to admit i like anime to people who aren't losers like myself

Hey now. 

Reported for flaming Stir. We are all allowed to have our own individual opinions and we all like anime so we are all lit.

RE: Give Me 5 Good Reasons to Not Cancel Zelma's Friend's CR Account - fireball3k - 09-04-2018

joke's on you! i reported myself to dustin and he warned me.

RE: Give Me 5 Good Reasons to Not Cancel Zelma's Friend's CR Account - zelma - 09-04-2018

That's more than I ever expected Dustin to do so great!!!!!

RE: Give Me 5 Good Reasons to Not Cancel Zelma's Friend's CR Account - The Dark Warrior - 09-04-2018

my issues with cr has everything to do with cr moralizing themselves to be the place to get anime legally and shame those who use illegal streaming services when they offer better services

RE: Give Me 5 Good Reasons to Not Cancel Zelma's Friend's CR Account - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 09-05-2018

(09-04-2018, 03:01 AM)The Dark Warrior Wrote: my issues with cr has everything to do with cr moralizing themselves to be the place to get anime legally and shame those who use illegal streaming services when they offer better services

when i shame you for using kissanime and pretending it's for any reason other than saving yourself 5 bux a month is it still moralizing

RE: Give Me 5 Good Reasons to Not Cancel Zelma's Friend's CR Account - Kritter - 09-05-2018

I use torrent websites to get my anime, I am the most immoral of all.

RE: Give Me 5 Good Reasons to Not Cancel Zelma's Friend's CR Account - DustinVG - 09-05-2018

My problem with Crunchyroll is absolutely the ad servers. If you want me to watch ads, fine, but the ads actually have to load first!

RE: Give Me 5 Good Reasons to Not Cancel Zelma's Friend's CR Account - Mario - 09-06-2018

Honestly Crunchyroll has a great library and even brought over some older anime that we probably wouldn't have seen come outside of Japan before. Hell, I was pleasantly surprised when they had the Akagi live action drama (though I don't think they've gone past season 1 yet, unfortunately.).

It is a shame they started out as a site that stole fansubs and then became legitimate overnight and I can't really disagree with anyone who has it out for them because of that, but imo that's water under the bridge at this point.

If you don't want to watch anime (or whatever else they offer), then yeah there's no need for Crunchyroll, but if you're into any of those genres their library is hard to beat.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.