MFGG Forums
Give a reason for locking threads - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Resolved Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: Give a reason for locking threads (/showthread.php?tid=1285)

Give a reason for locking threads - rollerC - 09-03-2018

I can understand why all those threads have been locked today, but this problem is happening because I figure most people would assume there would be a post explaining why a thread is being locked before it's locked. I get it might seem to some that Stir is trolling or something, which is fine, but either way I think it needs to be a standard that the last post in a locked thread is a staff member explaining why the thread is being locked, rather than making the member have to cause a fuss to grab the attention of staff.

I'm not saying I necessarily side with Stir or Zelma or think their threads should be unlocked, but at the very least they deserve an explanation for why their threads were locked--which was given to Zelma, but not to Stir (at least at the time of this posting).

That's my opinion anyway. I know it's been a long day for everyone.

RE: Give a reason for locking threads - Kritter - 09-04-2018

You want a reason after every single closed topic, even if it's a chain of events and it's more than likely been explained in one of the closed topics already and those asking for reasons likely know the reason anyway?

RE: Give a reason for locking threads - zelma - 09-04-2018

Yes, Kritter! If you take away a topic without at least explaining why don't you think that's a little unfair to the user? You're removing his chance to fix whatever the staff didn't like and potentially make better threads! 

In this case, Stir was inquiring about a certain subject and his threads kept getting deleted without reason or answer! Imagine if your wife kept moving your Mario games for no reason even after you asked her THREE times to explain why she's doing it..... : (

If she explained why in the first instance then there wouldn't be multiple instances because I'd either agree to have them moved, or explain my situation as to why I want them there in the first place. The only time multiple instances of that situation would occur is if I was intentionally moving them back without any discussion about it to be a massive douche.

(09-04-2018, 02:19 AM)Kritter Wrote: The only time multiple instances of that situation would occur is if I was intentionally moving them back without any discussion about it to be a massive douche.

Alright, well we aren't talking about your wife we're talking about MFGG_STAFF specifically DustinVG or Vinny probably and that is exactly what's happening. So take a Xanax and go to bed, sir!

Bed? It's 3:57 in the afternoon.

Oh right, you're Australian or something. Blocked.

RE: Give a reason for locking threads - Yoshin - 09-04-2018

what are timezones

RE: Give a reason for locking threads - rollerC - 09-04-2018

(09-04-2018, 01:58 AM)Kritter Wrote: You want a reason after every single closed topic, even if it's a chain of events and it's more than likely been explained in one of the closed topics already and those asking for reasons likely know the reason anyway?

It doesn't take much to post one thing, and it's pretty much a standard everywhere else. I know those people will already know the reason in most cases, but the whole situation last night would've been resolved with a simple post.

That said, I know most staff already do this. I just want to make sure it's a consistent thing.

RE: Give a reason for locking threads - Vert - 09-04-2018

Why has this forum been so obsessed with needing a reason for closing every thread the last couple of years? You really can't imagine why they were closed for yourself?

RE: Give a reason for locking threads - Evil Yoshi Toes - 09-04-2018

I can imagine why they were closed but I still think there should be an explanation as to why posted at the end of every thread before it is locked. It should just be a standard required procedure so that drama can be avoided and to ensure the reason for a lock is never left a mystery to the creator of the thread.

RE: Give a reason for locking threads - rollerC - 09-05-2018

The thing is it doesn’t matter whether people know about why their threads are being locked or not; of course they do. But the issue arises when those people can take advantage of the fact that there wasn’t a reason posted to claim that the staff are biased or corrupt.

Most forums already do this. I don’t get what the big deal is, Vert.

RE: Give a reason for locking threads - Kritter - 09-05-2018

In other words it has nothing to do with admins doing the "wrong thing", it's just certain people making a mountain out of a molehill within the bounds of the rules simply because they know they can get away with it.

RE: Give a reason for locking threads - Pedigree - 09-05-2018

Nah, posting reasons for locking threads is an agreed upon standard among the staff, so neglecting to do it is indeed the wrong thing to do.

Yes it's a huge issue.

RE: Give a reason for locking threads - Evil Yoshi Toes - 09-05-2018

Is having moderators type a short explanation before locking a thread a bigger issue?

It's not THE issue at all.

RE: Give a reason for locking threads - Pedigree - 09-05-2018

We're not here to debate whether or not it's a big issue or even an issue at all in your opinion.

The suggestion is to post why you're locking a thread when you're locking it, which is what we're required to do in the first place.

That's really all there is to it.

Speaking of, this suggestion is accepted. From now on we will post an explanation for locking a thread when we lock it like we're supposed to. Thank you.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.