MFGG Forums
Toxicity - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Toxicity (/showthread.php?tid=1291)

Toxicity - Heavy Fire - 09-04-2018

There's too much toxicity in there!

Like the General Chat is full of posts by banned members

or the SJG full of pointlessness.

I think that MFGG is losing its fangame purpose, that's what The Split was supposed to accomplish, instead, in my opinion, MFGG is becoming some sort of Minus World.

I belive something should be done about this.

RE: Toxicity - Vitiman - 09-04-2018

MFGG's purpose is not to make fangames, it is to rebuild the foundation of the world around us, to hone the potential of the common man and reclaim the throne from false prophets

It's also probably something about video games, pssh, I forgot already.

RE: Toxicity - Kritter - 09-04-2018

It's fine and mostly docile. The toxicity mostly takes place offsite and gets dragged back here when people get disgruntled, then everyone gets bored of it and it goes away for a cycle where MFGG can continue its fairly dull existence.

RE: Toxicity - rollerC - 09-05-2018

Threads like these only serve to fuel the fire.

RE: Toxicity - fireball3k - 09-05-2018

i think there should be a new charisma game, given that heavy fire is the OP

RE: Toxicity - VinnyVideo - 09-05-2018

Yeah, there's been an uptick in forum/Discord drama over the past two months or so. We're actively discussing ways to better rein in the more "challenging" members and make sure that MFGG remains an enjoyable place for everyone - that's one piece of my Better MFGG Plan I've been working on.

Also, the world could use more Heavy Fiery Charismatic things!

RE: Toxicity - Shadow Administrator Drei - 09-05-2018

Yeah, I hope all backhanded comments and instigating attitudes are dealt with across the board so that people can chat where chatting is supposed to be, and artwork can be critiqued and improved upon to make the best thing people want to make.

RE: Toxicity - DustinVG - 09-05-2018

(09-05-2018, 08:41 PM)GothGirlGangDrei Wrote: Yeah, I hope all backhanded comments and instigating attitudes are dealt with across the board so that people can chat where chatting is supposed to be, and artwork can be critiqued and improved upon to make the best thing people want to make.

I absolutely agree. Smile

RE: Toxicity - rollerC - 09-05-2018

This thread is a really terrible idea and is just asking for drama to break out. The OP straight-up insults Minus World, who is supposed to be our affiliate, and it doesn't take a genius to know who the people this thread is referring to are.

There's 0 point in keeping this thread around.

RE: Toxicity - Pedigree - 09-05-2018

Please take care not to bash our affiliates.

By the way, I think it's interesting that you're pointing out how toxic it is in here while implying that we should do something as toxic as dividing the community again as we did in the Split. And talking about bringing back the fangames only elitism too.

I think some of the toxicity comes from mindsets like this, where if you don't like something you gotta kick people out or force them to change to suit you.

RE: Toxicity - Kritter - 09-05-2018

Just a member voicing his opinion as he see's it. All these locked topics and this silly drama isn't a good look for any community. I'd almost say this topic has a point in that it highlights how a casual member might view this place when they walk in through the door when drama is afoot!

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Toxicity - Mario - 09-06-2018

Great thread Heavy Fire, though I suggest you take it to the suggestions board next time. We should always be willing to take a look at our community from a meta perspective and see what we can do better and work together to make it happen. Criticism is a blessing, not a curse.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.