MFGG Forums
DONE Avatars on Main Site Comments - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Resolved Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: DONE Avatars on Main Site Comments (/showthread.php?tid=1304)

Pages: 1 2

Avatars on Main Site Comments - SonicKade2048 - 09-11-2018

Mockup
[Image: unknown.png]

How I did it
[Image: unknown.png]

Not much to say ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RE: Avatars on Main Site Comments - Vitiman - 09-11-2018

This would honestly be a neat idea if we could implement it with the current software. I assume it would be more difficult than just this, but there's probably a way to rig it to work.

RE: Avatars on Main Site Comments - Hyper - 09-11-2018

I like it too. Perhaps I can get it fully implemented upon staffs' approval. I did noticed a bug with the main site where avatar URLs are not saved to the database. It could be a reason why Dustin's avatar isn't showing up in some occasions.

RE: Avatars on Main Site Comments - VinnyVideo - 09-11-2018

This'll definitely be a thing in lumaSMS.

It's tricky to splice new features onto the existing mainsite software, but this would be relatively easy to implement.

RE: Avatars on Main Site Comments - Kritter - 09-11-2018

Reminds me that I never actually finished re-doing the mainsite skin.

Whoops.

RE: Avatars on Main Site Comments - Shadow Administrator Drei - 09-17-2018

Is the layout going to be like that? Not a fan.

RE: Avatars on Main Site Comments - Kritter - 09-17-2018

(09-17-2018, 08:15 PM)Shadow Administrator Drei Wrote: Is the layout going to be like that? Not a fan.

Such constructive feedback.

RE: Avatars on Main Site Comments - Mario - 09-17-2018

Gotta agree with stir here, I think the comment layout should match the blog post and forums where the avatar is under the username and on the side of the post.

RE: Avatars on Main Site Comments - Kritter - 09-18-2018

It's a mockup. As it isn't an implemented feature (to my knowledge) people are free to mockup a better version of the suggestion if they like.

RE: Avatars on Main Site Comments - Shadow Administrator Drei - 09-18-2018

(09-17-2018, 09:11 PM)Kritter Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 08:15 PM)Shadow Administrator Drei Wrote: Is the layout going to be like that? Not a fan.

Such constructive feedback.

If the staff has an actual answer to my question, I have some alternatives.

RE: Avatars on Main Site Comments - Pedigree - 09-18-2018

If you mean the layout for the avatar in the comment section, that's just a concept from Kirb. I'm sure we could work on something that looks better if we were to approve this suggestion.

Honestly though, I think it'd be better if we just waited for lumaSMS for cosmetic changes like this. I can't see why we wouldn't put avatars on comments there.

I couldn't tell from the staff responses, but hopefully its something better than this mockup. I think our titular hero has a good idea.

I dunno, it says "mockup" in the original post so I thought it was pretty obvious it wasn't set in stone.

2/10 nice trolling but i laid out the reason i asked staff if this mockup was the intended path

Drei and Kritter, please take your petty squabble to private messages or drop it. I'm not going to tolerate bickering like this in a feedback thread.

Drei, no we probably won't use the mockup for its implementation.

It's not a squabble on my end, I'm just confused by his posts, he asked if it was going to be like that and I pointed out that it was a mockup (which it says in the first post), that's it on my end. As I say, people are free to come up with better alternatives and at least @Mario offered some constructive feedback on the original idea which should really be the point. It's fine to dislike something but it'd be nice to hear WHY it's disliked rather than a blanket "I dun like it" statement. Can't improve things without critique. Plenty of people here with skills in Photoshop and other editing software, or HTML editing skills.

Fair enough. I apologize for the misunderstanding on my part.

RE: Avatars on Main Site Comments - SonicKade2048 - 09-18-2018

Kritter Wrote:Plenty of people here with skills in Photoshop and other editing software, or HTML editing skills.
I'm taking an HTML web design class in school, which inspired me to try and edit some stuff to see what I could do on websites I visit every day or so.

In any case, yes, this is just a mock-up and I don't intend to actually have anyone add it as an actual feature. It could be possible, but then again I only wanted to show off something I thought was interesting while I was messing with the coding of the site.

I think it's a fine idea, why have avatars if we never really get to see them eh? Just needs some feedback on the layout and I'm sure someone can implement it. The main website could use some touching up before LumaSMS launches just to tide it over.

Welcome back KL! I appreciate your thought about the site, especially as the avatars really personalize these enigmatic comments people see.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.