MFGG Forums
A MFGG Minecraft Server. - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: A MFGG Minecraft Server. (/showthread.php?tid=1315)

A MFGG Minecraft Server. - OssieTheOstrich - 09-18-2018

So while i was working on Mario Generations and looking at the MFGG wiki (don't ask.),i saw a thread made 4 years ago on the phpBB forums, where, Random.NICK asked about making a Minecraft server for MFGG.

I don't think the server's up anymore, so why not create a new one?

RE: A MFGG Minecraft Server - VinnyVideo - 09-18-2018

You can always make an unofficial server if you'd like. I doubt there's a lot of staff members interested in maintaining an official Minecraft server, though.

RE: A MFGG Minecraft Server - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 09-21-2018

We Could Add it But Do People Even Have an Account?

RE: A MFGG Minecraft Server - Shadow Administrator Drei - 09-21-2018

Trust me, plenty of people have an account for Minecraft.

RE: A MFGG Minecraft Server - Syaxamaphone - 09-22-2018

I'd def play on one but if any one of you grief my beautiful home I'll break your legs

RE: A MFGG Minecraft Server - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 09-23-2018

Also Your Skin Has to Look like Your Avatar

RE: A MFGG Minecraft Server - lean - 09-23-2018

(09-22-2018, 10:11 PM)Syaxamaphone Wrote: if any one of you grief my beautiful home I'll break your legs
LOL, i hope no one does so.
thanks god i don't grief since i hate that. Laughing

(09-23-2018, 02:14 AM)Slug101 Wrote: Also Your Skin Has to Look like Your Avatar
well, this should be optional if someone wants.. since possibly not all skins are good depending of character on avatars of everyone on the web.

also, someone would have same avatar and that would bring confusion, no?

RE: A MFGG Minecraft Server - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 09-25-2018

(09-23-2018, 05:48 PM)lean Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 10:11 PM)Syaxamaphone Wrote: if any one of you grief my beautiful home I'll break your legs
LOL, i hope no one does so.
thanks god i don't grief since i hate that. Laughing

(09-23-2018, 02:14 AM)Slug101 Wrote: Also Your Skin Has to Look like Your Avatar
well, this should be optional if someone wants.. since possibly not all skins are good depending of character on avatars of everyone on the web.

also, someone would have same avatar and that would bring confusion, no?
Lets say @fireball3k Had a Steve Skin and @VinnyVideo Also Had a Steve Skin, That Would Confuse me

RE: A MFGG Minecraft Server - HylianDev - 09-25-2018

I wasn't aware that people actually still played Minecraft. But if there's an audience, that would be cool.

RE: A MFGG Minecraft Server - Mario - 09-25-2018

(09-25-2018, 06:15 PM)HylianDev Wrote: I wasn't aware that people actually still played Minecraft. But if there's an audience, that would be cool.

It's a very solid base engine... with unfortunate bad gameplay decisions on top of it. It's still fun to jump into every now and then but it doesn't last long.

RE: A MFGG Minecraft Server - Cruise Elroy - 09-27-2018

I used to be really invested in game starting with Beta 1.4, but over the years I've become a lot more mixed about it, mostly because I just didn't have the drive to build things slowly -- doubly so in a survival mode. Don't get me wrong, I still like the concept behind its survival mechanics, but it honestly didn't hold its grasp for as long as I felt it could have.

That said, if people want a new server to hang out on I don't really see the harm in making one.

RE: A MFGG Minecraft Server - OssieTheOstrich - 09-28-2018

I mean like a official (as in, made by the mod/admins) server, not a unofficial (as in, made by members) one.

RE: A MFGG Minecraft Server. - Hyper - 09-28-2018

As a former Minecraft player, I would say it is a decent idea. However here are my statements about this:
- Maintaining a MC server is difficult. Especially in the case of griefing, it's not easy to keep in track with. Plugins can be used but there may be compatibility issues. I do have to point out that I am too certain how modern MC deal with plugins. 
- Keeping the server online is pretty expensive. Sure someone can host a server but they need a pretty reliable computer and internet to host it proprely. It is not really effective if the MC server is implemented with the MFGG's server. There will be a lot of performance drains in the process. Hosting a Minecraft is recommended with a dedicated server but dedicated servers are very expensive. Minecraft Realms is a decent alternative but it can only support up to 11 players.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.