MFGG Forums
WIP Super Mario Nova - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: WIP Super Mario Nova (/showthread.php?tid=1322)

Super Mario Nova - Eri7 - 09-21-2018

[Image: M27gBWI.png]

(This project is going to be on super mario bros x 1.4.4)

The project started development on September 2016.

Here is the story of my project:
Princess Daisy's Toads found a mysterious organism in a glass cube from a Laboratory far away from the Mushroom Kingdom and then they brought the organism to her , after some research they saw that on bottom side of the cube had a sign with the words ,, Clone of Mother Brain '' on it. Then one of the Toads was captured by the Bowser's army by incident and then they asked him a couple questions about why The Group of Toads weren't in the Daisy's castle and after torturing him and beating him he decided to tell what was happening. Bowser then went to his airship with his kids and planned a mission to capture the Mother Brain's Cloning. The Player (Mario,Luigi,Toad,Peach) was invited by Princess Daisy to a meeting about her message of researching the Mother Brain's Cloning.And when she tells everyone the message , Mother Brain's Cloning is being stolen by Bowser and The Player's job is to defeat him or else he will start building his High-Technology Empire.

Warning there are a lot of screenshots and gifs.

If you want to support this project then you can help me with:
Beta testing
Graphics 
Level design if you know how to use super mario bros x.

or you can put this in your signature:

[Image: WT6VB2F.png]

Code:
[url=https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=17860][img]https://i.imgur.com/WT6VB2F.png[/img][/url]

RE: Super Mario Nova - GamerInGeorgia - 09-21-2018

Looks really nice! Best of luck!

RE: Super Mario Nova - Mariotroid - 09-23-2018

Looks cool. What makes this stand out compared to other Mario bros. Fangames out there?

RE: Super Mario Nova - Q-Nova - 09-30-2018

Wow, you aren't kidding when you said there's a lot of screenshots and .GIFs! Huh?  It seems like quite a project and there a few cool things shown (I especially like the train stuff). Going by the plot, it seems that the game will have a little crossover with Metroid; is it just the Mother Brain thing or is there gonna be more from Metroid? I don't know if some of the stuff shown in screenshots are placeholders or not, but I recommend sticking to only one resolution for the graphics rather than having multiple resolutions mixed up (the Shine Sprite sun shown in one screenshot, for example, seems to be a lower resolution compared to the other sprites shown) and avoid using any graphics that really differ in style and don't go well with the rest of the graphics together (the NSMBU screenshots that are seen early on really stick out because of that).

Anyway, good luck with the project! Wink It's looking very nice!

RE: Super Mario Nova - Eri7 - 10-02-2018

(09-23-2018, 08:51 PM)Mariotroid Wrote: Looks cool. What makes this stand out compared to other Mario bros. Fangames out there?

Well so far the only thing i can say is the story but the levels also have unique gimmicks and interesting bosses.

(09-30-2018, 10:21 PM)Q-Nova Wrote: Wow, you aren't kidding when you said there's a lot of screenshots and .GIFs! Huh?  It seems like quite a project and there a few cool things shown (I especially like the train stuff). Going by the plot, it seems that the game will have a little crossover with Metroid; is it just the Mother Brain thing or is there gonna be more from Metroid? I don't know if some of the stuff shown in screenshots are placeholders or not, but I recommend sticking to only one resolution for the graphics rather than having multiple resolutions mixed up (the Shine Sprite sun shown in one screenshot, for example, seems to be a lower resolution compared to the other sprites shown) and avoid using any graphics that really differ in style and don't go well with the rest of the graphics together (the NSMBU screenshots that are seen early on really stick out because of that).

Anyway, good luck with the project! Wink It's looking very nice!

So the nsmbwii styled graphics will be changed to 16 bit once i get enough assets to replace them, also The Mother Brain will be involved only to give a purpose as to why Bowser's army suddenly has high technological weapons (and also it would be cool to see a mother brain boss fight in a mario game) , there will be some crossover , yes but it will be kept until few levels and few tiny parts of the story in order to give the main story the spotlight and so far , i don't have anything to show related to the story but its work in progress and i hope that sooner or later , i get to have enough stuff ready to showcase what will my project really be about.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.