MFGG Forums
Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Arts Board (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Picsole Hammer designs and concepts (/showthread.php?tid=1341)

Pages: 1 2

Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - chaoxys - 10-04-2018

So I'm designing a game, or at least getting the general groundwork in play called "Picsole Hammer". The name is still pending but yeah, anyways, I figured that as I design new characters and what not, I'd show them off in here.

[Image: 4X9Z11W.png]

This is Anneal. To start, no, she isn't the main character, I'll be revealing them at a later time. She doesn't have much in terms of memories, however she always tends to be optimistic, referring to her amnesia as "being given a blank slate". That said, she is terrified of birds for an unknown reason. She is always seen with her trusty bow that can fire off all sorts of arrows to help to travel around. She calls it the "Stinger".

RE: Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - chaoxys - 10-06-2018

I was hoping to have another some posts between my first post and this one but oh well. Heres the next character:

[Image: L4m5Uu4.png]

Captain Hub Gutter is a bag guy, a really bad guy to be exact. I mean, you don't get much worse than a pirate cyborg miner. Instead of sailing the seas, he sails underground tunnels, popping above ground to steal items made from a precious material known as Picsole. It's worth noting that his mechanical arm, leg, and jaw/beard are all made of Picsole.

RE: Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - VinnyVideo - 10-06-2018

These are looking cool. What kind of game will it be?

RE: Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - chaoxys - 10-06-2018

(10-06-2018, 11:19 AM)VinnyVideo Wrote: These are looking cool. What kind of game will it be?

I'm leaning towards a metroidvania. The main gimmick of the game is the Picsole Hammer, a hammer that, instead of a head, has a claw like apparatus that can grab onto objects and use them as the hammer head. Grab a rock, you have a heavy yet powerful rock hammer. Grab some balloons, you have a light and floaty balloon hammer. Different hammer heads can augment your abilities in different ways and will interact with the world in different ways, allowing you to solve puzzles in... well, different ways.

RE: Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - Evil Yoshi Toes - 10-06-2018

That's a great design. I especially like the beard and jaw being combined into one metal piece.

RE: Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - chaoxys - 10-07-2018

Today I think I'll show the main character.

[Image: 5UlvkHt.png]

This is Mallet, he's an apprentice for a well known Blacksmith, or to be more precise, a Picsolesmith. He doesn't talk much, or at all really. He's not some legendary, "Chosen by fate" style hero with a legendary weapon, he's just some guy.

It's worth mentioning that I'm considering making a genderswap of him so players can play as a boy or girl, but I'm undecided if I want to or not.

RE: Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - Gato - 10-07-2018

Amazing designs. Are you shooting for any RPG elements for this particular project?

RE: Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - chaoxys - 10-07-2018

(10-07-2018, 03:58 PM)Gato Wrote: Amazing designs. Are you shooting for any RPG elements for this particular project?

Possibly, theres still several elements to the whole thing that I haven't finalized. Keep in mind that right now I'm just trying to figure out all the base elements. I don't have a team or anything like that together. Heck, I don't even know the full scope I want to aim for, although I'd like to make it an actual game I can sell.

RE: Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - Mariotroid - 10-08-2018

I like where this is going. It reminded me of Axiom Verge when you said Metroidvania cause that game started off on a forum too before it shot off- and you're a great developer so this seems like itll make a splash

RE: Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - Gato - 10-08-2018

(10-07-2018, 04:15 PM)chaoxys Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 03:58 PM)Gato Wrote: Amazing designs. Are you shooting for any RPG elements for this particular project?

Possibly, theres still several elements to the whole thing that I haven't finalized. Keep in mind that right now I'm just trying to figure out all the base elements. I don't have a team or anything like that together. Heck, I don't even know the full scope I want to aim for, although I'd like to make it an actual game I can sell.

Neato.

RE: Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - chaoxys - 10-09-2018

New character!

[Image: 2a0OAHd.png]

Meet Dwells, the traveling salesman. He's very good at his job, traveling to the ends of earth to make a sale. Also, yes, green is his natural hair color.

RE: Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - VinnyVideo - 10-09-2018

He looks cute. He looks like a cross between a Minish, a Breloom, and a Super Mario Bros. 2 turnip.

RE: Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - Q-Nova - 10-09-2018

These designs are pretty cool, Chaoxys! I also like the gimmick you talked about; it kinda reminds me of Psycho Waluigi and Kirby. Overall, it sounds like you'll have quite a neat game!

By the way, I noticed that if you pronounce "Picsole", it sounds like "pixel"! Was that intentional or a coincidence? I'm just curious.

RE: Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - chaoxys - 10-09-2018

(10-09-2018, 10:16 PM)Q-Nova Wrote: These designs are pretty cool, Chaoxys! I also like the gimmick you talked about; it kinda reminds me of Psycho Waluigi and Kirby. Overall, it sounds like you'll have quite a neat game!

By the way, I noticed that if you pronounce "Picsole", it sounds like "pixel"! Was that intentional or a coincidence? I'm just curious.
Well, it's a substance used to build everything in the world of the game, so I figured picsole/pixel was pretty fitting. There was a deeper meaning to it in an earlier draft, but the plot changed ever so slightly, but the name still fits, and honestly, I've become rather attached to it.

RE: Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - chaoxys - 10-11-2018

Have I got a deal for you, two characters for the price of one!

[Image: DQMk9Rf.png]

Meet Stryke (tall) and Blo (short), two punks from the same town as Mallet. Both wanted to apprentice with Master Vulcan, but Mallet got the position. Blo ended up going to work in his father's store along side his mother, while Stryke went on to become a general punk.

Also as a side note, Captain Anvil is now Captain Hub Gutter, or Captain Gutter for short.

RE: Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - chaoxys - 10-13-2018

Another one, why not?

[Image: mEVX96U.png]

Here we have Little Alice, a pop idol who promotes a theme park called Wonderland. She's peppy on stage, although a bit more laid back when off.

Alright, it might be a little long before I can post the next one. I've started making some base sprites, so I haven't had time to draw any more concepts.

RE: Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - Cruise Elroy - 10-20-2018

I love these designs. The bad guys and onion dudes especially make me think of Wind Waker in terms of aesthetic.

RE: Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - chaoxys - 11-07-2018

New character!

[Image: ClTPrNw.png]

Draft the Owl. This dude hangs out at checkpoints throughout the game, generally sleeping. He serves a few roles, the first being that his loud hoot like snores can he heard from far away, meaning they can guide you to a checkpoint if you haven't already found it. Also, this little fellow is a professional scribe, and will make a record of your adventures if you desire.

RE: Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - lean - 11-09-2018

good work with those cute designs!! Thumbs Up

RE: Picsole Hammer designs and concepts - chaoxys - 11-17-2018

Another character

[Image: SEUvCDJ.png]

Master Vulcan, a well known picsolesmith in the town Mallet is from. He generally doesn't take on apprentices, but he felt that there was something special about Mallet. He essentially acts as the towns nonofficial mayor of sorts, maybe because, whether he likes it or not, if something goes wrong, people tend to go to him for help. He might seem a bit gruff, but he's actually a nice guy. His kindness really comes out when he's crafting with picsole as he treats it with the utmost kindness and care.

Also, yes, that is an anvil on his back, just in case he has to do any emergency work on the road.

Not sure when my next update will be, my laptop is on it's last leg so, if it dies before I can replace it, I may be out of luck for a bit.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.