MFGG Forums
Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: The Dungeon (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: The Vault (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: Competitions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: Drawing Competition #6: ___ette (/showthread.php?tid=1346)

Pages: 1 2

Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - Evil Yoshi Toes - 10-06-2018

Hello, and welcome to the next drawing competition. This time you must create your own "____ette." If you are unfamiliar with this concept, take a look at Peachette from the NSMBU switch port:

That is the basic concept, however the rules are quite free. While the Peachette logic would imply that you are to make Toadette transform into any character who will then retain a few of her features, due to the Bowsette popularity which does not follow this logic (it has Bowser turn into Peach, so no Toadette is involved) I'm going to be a little more open as to what is considered an "ette." You just have to have any one character that's transformed into another while still retaining some of the original character's key features (as Peachette keeps Toadette's braids, and Bowsette keeps Bowser's horns and jewelry). 

The rules, in a more streamlined manner:
  • You must have one character (not limited to Mario characters) that has transformed into another while retaining some of the original character's iconic features.*
  • If you do not draw the characters as they looked originally, which is definitely not required, please let us know who they are so those unfamiliar with those characters will understand.
  • Not a requirement, but a tip: Try to pick characters that have very little in common. For example, Toadette and Bowser share very little similarity to Peach, which I think makes the result a little more interesting.
  • Follow the general rules of competitions.
  • The deadline for this competition is 10/20. Extended to 10/27.
*If you don't want to make up your own or you are struggling to do this, you are allowed to draw Peachette or Bowsette.

I know this is a silly theme, but I hope that encourages everyone to have a lot of fun. Don't be afraid to enter something crazy even if you aren't much of a drawer! 

(Thank you to VinnyVideo for helping me come up with the theme idea!)

RE: Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - SonicKade2048 - 10-06-2018

[Image: 20181006_120750.jpg]
My entry, designed off of my Shy Guy character and my irl self. Dark hair, robe, etc.

RE: Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - VinnyVideo - 10-06-2018

I planted a seed from the Meme Tree in EYT's head, and this is what sprouted!

This'll be fun. I'm looking forward to seeing what people make!

RE: Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - chaoxys - 10-06-2018

I actually did an -ette design when the meme first started... idk, I might draw the character I did if I have some time.

RE: Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - Mariotroid - 10-08-2018

(10-06-2018, 08:38 PM)chaoxys Wrote: I actually did an -ette design when the meme first started... idk, I might draw the character I did if I have some time.

Lol so did I...
[Image: nn1dDtj.jpg]

Does my character need the crown or can I use Mario's hat instead?

...decided to go with this anyway

Edit: 
[Image: 3F3XVBs.jpg]

RE: Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - Q-Nova - 10-09-2018

Oh wow, this is actually a thing!? Huh? I'm not really complaining, I'm just surprised to see this show up on MFGG. It's certainly an interesting choice for a theme, though, and I'm sure this will get some really interesting entries.

RE: Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - GamerInGeorgia - 10-19-2018

I took a shot at making "Luigi-ette":
(Sorry for the low quality image.)

RE: Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - Sgt Nate V - 10-19-2018

Oh, uh, here's one I made last month.
It's supposed to be Bren McGuire from Turrican.
[Image: OsAg3j3l.jpg]

RE: Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - Kaguya Houraisan - 10-19-2018

(10-19-2018, 06:12 PM)Sgt Nate V Wrote: Oh, uh, here's one I made last month.
It's supposed to be Bren McGuire from Turrican.
(entry)

*Note that, according to the Competition Rules, "you may not submit an entry that was created or started outside of the competition"; that said, given that this competition started this month, I'm not sure the entry counts as valid. You can still improvise a new one if there's one day left, though!

RE: Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - SonicKade2048 - 10-20-2018

Last-minute update but is it okay if I can change my submission to a different drawing? I didn't have a lot of time to work on my previous entry due to it being made late at night, so if it's allowed can I switch it to this drawing instead?

RE: Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - Evil Yoshi Toes - 10-21-2018

Really cool entries everyone! 
Considering we only have 3 entries, we could extend for another week if people are interested in joining. If not we could skip straight to final voting. Also, I noticed the competition was not on the announcements bar. I don't know how much more attention having it there would bring but if we decide to extend for a week it'd be nice to have it properly advertised.

RE: Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - Retriever II - 10-22-2018

Forgive me for this crime against humanity.

[Image: y4mvtnnyFV5HGIXtOXaqoxPN0T4S3UyOeE_cCh7h...pmode=none]

And since I like this theme and didn't think any of you deserved to sleep tonight, have an unholy mashup of Gumo and Ori from Ori and the Blind Forest.

[Image: y4mVHQBE-XdBE0sKl-KYCdJPzf1y1hm2pehRvV2Q...pmode=none]

RE: Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - SonicZetrex - 10-22-2018

Sweet, glad I still have enough time to submit it!

I already have an idea in mind that I can't wait to show. Just give me tomorrow and I would love to show what I have!

RE: Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - SonicZetrex - 10-23-2018

Alrighty, here's mine for Birdo which I surprisingly made it look...well, adorable!
*Fixed and redacted*

Edit: Sorry for the large file that seems...well, difficult to manage it carefully. But I already put in spoilers for the heck of it.

RE: Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - Evil Yoshi Toes - 10-27-2018

Nice entries everyone! Here is a reminder that this is the last day to submit for the competition. If you are working on something, get it in tonight! It doesn't have to be masterpiece or even completely finished, just get it in before the deadline and it will count for voting (and who knows, an piece you consider unfinished could even end up the winner!).
@Sgt Nate V That's a great drawing, but unfortunately we cannot consider it valid if it was done before the time the competition started.[url=https://forums.mfgg.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=350][/url]
@KirbyLover2048 You are allowed to change your entry as many times you want before the deadline.

RE: Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - Pedigree - 10-28-2018

If someone would compile a post of the valid entries for me, that would be great so that we can get voting underway.

RE: Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - Evil Yoshi Toes - 10-28-2018

Sorry about the delay, I haven't had access to WiFi today until now. Here are the entries:

@KirbyLover2048 - Bowsette Redraw
@Mariotroid - Omega Mariotroid
@GamerInGeorgia - Luigi-ette
@"Scyther II" - Bowsoshi
@SonicZetrex - Birdette

Great entries!

Since we only have 5 entries, we will skip to Final Voting.

RE: Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - Pedigree - 10-28-2018

I vote for Retriever II.

RE: Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - lean - 10-28-2018

i vote for SonicZetrex!

RE: Drawing Competition #6: ___ette - Thunderbro - 10-28-2018

I vote for Retriever II

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.