MFGG Forums
Super Mario Bros. 3 turned 30 yesterday! - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Super Mario Bros. 3 turned 30 yesterday! (/showthread.php?tid=1379)

Super Mario Bros. 3 turned 30 yesterday! - Vitiman - 10-24-2018

I didn't actually change my avatar and stuff to match, it was actually a complete coincidence. I'd been playing SMB3 again a lot with my girlfriend, so it was just on my mind lately. However, it was stupid good timing, wouldn't you agree?

Any thoughts on this seminal Mario release? This one's up there with World, and people argue to this day which one is the superior game. I personally feel they stand on equal footing for different reasons, and they both reign supreme in my heart as the two greatest Mario games ever created. I have extremely fond memories playing both, but SMB3 in particular was my first NES game I ever owned, alongside SMB1 and Tengen Pac-Man way back when I was very very little and I got my old NES as a hand-me-down. I still have my childhood NES and those games (minus Tengen Pac-Man, unfortunately), all tattered and worn with age as one would expect. SMB3 in particular has faced the hurtful end of wear and tear, and yet it still manages to work well after all these years. To say I'm impressed would be an understatement!

RE: Super Mario Bros. 3 turned 30 yesterday! - Damarioman - 10-24-2018

Here's something about smb3 I didn't know till recently:
If you have the tanuki suit power-up, you can kill the jet flames on airship levels by stomping them with the stone form.

Anyway, cool. I didn't know it turned 30. Its always been among my favourite Mario games.

RE: Super Mario Bros. 3 turned 30 yesterday! - Syaxamaphone - 10-24-2018

In a few short years Super Mario Brothers 3 will be old enough to run for President of the United States!

I would vote for Mario.

RE: Super Mario Bros. 3 turned 30 yesterday! - VinnyVideo - 10-24-2018

It's still the first video game I ever played - and it still might be my favorite game of all time!

RE: Super Mario Bros. 3 turned 30 yesterday! - Cruise Elroy - 10-24-2018

While I've still got a major soft spot for the original Super Mario Bros, SMB3 is still definitely the most technically superior of the trilogy. Never ended up beating the game though...probably should fix that.

RE: Super Mario Bros. 3 turned 30 yesterday! - Mariotroid - 10-25-2018

I played this game a few years ago for the first time
 I also beat it for the first time back then. Definitely a fun game and quite a challenge. I had to make several restore points on my 3ds and I got owned by it.

This game introduced so many Mario staples. World Map, bosses for each map, themed maps, loops kids. What a great game.

Time to play it all over again on my Switch!!

RE: Super Mario Bros. 3 turned 30 yesterday! - fireball3k - 10-27-2018

got damn it, now i need to go boot this game back up and play it through on switch dfgdfgd

RE: Super Mario Bros. 3 turned 30 yesterday! - SonicKade2048 - 10-28-2018

I prefer the GBA ports of the SMAS games, but happy anniversary to SMB3!

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.