MFGG Forums
Advice Requested: 5 Essential 3DS Games - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Advice Requested: 5 Essential 3DS Games (/showthread.php?tid=140)

Advice Requested: 5 Essential 3DS Games - Xander - 11-29-2017

Hi there!

So I recently bought a 2DS XL to play Metroid: Samus Returns, and now I am wondering what other games to consider.

So I am asking for your Top 5 essential games. If you could only choose 5 to have, which 5 would they be? 

For example, my top 5 essential GBA games would probably be something like: Advance Wars, Metroid Fusion, Golden Sun, Pokemon LeafGreen and Fire Emblem.

Thanks in advance!

RE: Advice Requested: 5 Essential 3DS Games - VinnyVideo - 11-29-2017

I still don't have a 3DS, but I'd like to get one someday. I obviously haven't played these games, but these are the ones I'm most interested in trying:

Fire Emblem Awakening
Fire Emblem Fates
Mario Golf: World Tour
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Smash 4

RE: Advice Requested: 5 Essential 3DS Games - Xander - 11-29-2017

(11-29-2017, 06:39 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: I still don't have a 3DS, but I'd like to get one someday. I obviously haven't played these games, but these are the ones I'm most interested in trying:

Fire Emblem Awakening
Fire Emblem Fates
Mario Golf: World Tour
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Smash 4

Cool. I wonder if now is the right time to play more Mario & Luigi titles. I only ever played the first one on the GBA, never bought any of the DS/3DS titles.

RE: Advice Requested: 5 Essential 3DS Games - Kritter - 11-29-2017

I wouldn't bother with Dream Team. It feels really soulless and dull. It has its moments, but it's definitely no Superstar Saga that's for sure.

RE: Advice Requested: 5 Essential 3DS Games - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 11-29-2017

kid icarus uprising makes the best overall use of the system's features so definitely get that. it's also really fun
kirby triple deluxe is a great game with a good amount of content and really fun ideas all over the place
shin megami tensei 4 really nails the classic smt style without feeling dated. great game, lot of people are sleepin on it but you should check it out
phoenix wright vs professor layton. really any of the phoenix wright games are good but this one is better for newcomers and has layton puzzles to break things up. fun ass game, good storyline. kept me guessing until the end
super mario 3d land. it's just mario lol. plays like mario 3 in 3d for the most part. it's no one's favorite game but it's a lot of fun

RE: Advice Requested: 5 Essential 3DS Games - DustinVG - 11-30-2017

-Super Smash Bros
-Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
-The Legend if Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
-Tomodachi Life
-Kirby: Planet Robobot

Honorable Mentions are Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, both 3D Zelda remakes, Miitopia, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and the Superstar Saga remake

RE: Advice Requested: 5 Essential 3DS Games - Kritter - 11-30-2017

Seconded Kirby: Planet Robobot and Tomodachi Life.

Planet Robobot has some great ideas and the Mech Suit actually feels really good to use. Lots of clever puzzles etc.

Got a lot of hours out of Tomodachi Life.

Also a Link Between Worlds is great and easily played in short bursts if you're not into big gaming slogs.

RE: Advice Requested: 5 Essential 3DS Games - Xander - 11-30-2017

Tomodachi Life, eh? I've not heard of that. I'll have to look into it.

RE: Advice Requested: 5 Essential 3DS Games - Mariotroid - 11-30-2017

Smash Bros. was fun, unless you have the Wii U version, then just play that. Another one is Metroid  Federation Force (joking) donkey Kong Country Returns was fun for a mobile version of a big game.

RE: Advice Requested: 5 Essential 3DS Games - Friendly Dictator - 11-30-2017

smash 4
kirby triple deluxe
kirby planet robobot
link between worlds
pokemon sun/moon

oh yeah layton vs wright as well

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.