MFGG Forums
8-bit Super Crown Character Sprites - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Arts Board (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: 8-bit Super Crown Character Sprites (/showthread.php?tid=1407)

8-bit Super Crown Character Sprites - Kazufox - 11-03-2018

Hey everyone, the name's Kazufox. I initially gave up sprite work long time ago, but with this whole Bowsette craze, well...here I am now. With sheets in tow.

I mainly aimed to have these sprites be in SMB3 style, which was a little trouble since Princess Peach only has 3 sprites in that game. I borrowed some design from SMB2 like the jump and pluck sprites.

I'll be posting more as time goes on, but for starters, I'll go with Bowsette and Koopa-Peach or Peach Bowser. I did some extra work with the Bowser sprite giving him a more updated color palette and the spinning shell. It was for another game project I was working on but never got finished. Just now releasing these.

Let me know what you all think, helpful criticisms appreciated. I've got some game ideas too, probably will post them in another thread.

Should note that I gave Bowsette some sprites to use swords/shields mainly from Zelda Breath of the Wild mod.

RE: 8-bit Super Crown Character Sprites - Thunderbro - 11-03-2018

The sprites seem to break the 8-bit 4 color rule limitation (with transparency counting as a color, so really it's 3 normally), so they aren't truly 8-bit. However, that criticism aside I think that the sprites look really nice.

RE: 8-bit Super Crown Character Sprites - Kazufox - 11-03-2018

(11-03-2018, 09:46 PM)Thunderbro Wrote: The sprites seem to break the 8-bit 4 color rule limitation (with transparency counting as a color, so really it's 3 normally), so they aren't truly 8-bit. However, that criticism aside I think that the sprites look really nice.

Thanks, and the color isn't that much of an issue I can always change that up based on the original game sprite colors. It was something I considered to make it true "8-bit" so I just say for now it's SMB3 style.

RE: 8-bit Super Crown Character Sprites - Evil Yoshi Toes - 11-03-2018

Nice sprites! Does her tail come from the shell or from her body's tail region? Right now it's looking like it's coming from the shell, so if that's what you intended then it is working. I'm just not that familiar with her anatomy lol. The main thing I'd suggest is finding some way to separate the hair and the head more. Since the contrast and color are both very similar they really blend into each other. This isn't a huge deal since they still read, but having that transition be a little more apparent could possibly improve readability. You could try lightening the face to be more pale, which works as Princess Peach is usually quite pale anyway, and darkening the hair slightly to a darker yellow color. I'm not sure how well that'd work though. You may have the best solution already. Overall the sprites are very nice!

RE: 8-bit Super Crown Character Sprites - Kazufox - 11-04-2018

Thanks, appreciate it. Her tail is supposed to be coming from her body below the shell. The gray part of her dress is kinda big so it does make it look like the tail goes into the shell rather than her backside. I wanted the shell to still be noticable too and spikey.

It has been a bit iffy trying to seperate the hair and skin tone, it's actually a darker skin tone than what I started with. Bit limited so can't add a black outline separating the hair unlike Phantette (when I get around to posting her).

I'll probably post tomorrow my next sheet in line.

RE: 8-bit Super Crown Character Sprites - Kazufox - 11-07-2018

Here it is, as I promised the next sheet in my little line-up. Boosette, this one I also did a V2 which really just adding more sprites and a ghost outline like in SMB3. And I made the new loli Boosette sprites because...I made King Boo too.

Again, feel free to let me know what you think.

RE: 8-bit Super Crown Character Sprites - Kazufox - 11-12-2018

Today is a new day, another weekend another set to share. Here's Lady Bowette and Lady Bow in SMB3 style. Hope you all enjoy, still got lot more to come.

RE: 8-bit Super Crown Character Sprites - Kazufox - 12-01-2018

Huh...so I haven't been as up to date as I should be on here...I've been posting today the Other SC characters I did, so I'll just do that for now and post the others as time goes along.

I haven't into hiatus...yet. And no, I'm not done getting the Super Crown thing out of my system either! On the contrary, I'm still doing a massive update to the SMB3 Rom Hack I put Bowsette in. This time it'll have a lot more Super Crown'd characters in it. As of now, the number is at 25 confirmed different characters. Let's see how far it can go? More details here: SMB3 Super Crown Hack

For now, here's a side sheet of other -ette characters. Just a smaller scale since only a few are made. It's dawned on me how there's 2 characters named Fuzzy in the Mario universe...Some say the Phantette is the best I've got made to date of these.

RE: 8-bit Super Crown Character Sprites - Kazufox - 12-26-2018

You thought I was done? Hardly! I've got a few more sheets left...this not counting the SMB3 NES ones I've actually finished up. So that'll be a thing soon after I release the SMB3 Crowned Edition ROM Hack. In the meantime, enjoy some Bullette Bill or Bullet Belle, whatever works.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.