MFGG Forums
Chaoxys sprite thread Deluxe (Formerly the Mario Trophy Topic) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Arts Board (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Chaoxys sprite thread Deluxe (Formerly the Mario Trophy Topic) (/showthread.php?tid=143)

Pages: 1 2

Chaoxys sprite thread Deluxe (Formerly the Mario Trophy Topic) - chaoxys - 11-29-2017

[Image: aVr4VT7.png]

So the site has coins now, and I thought it'd be neat (but not likely) if there was some sort of SSBM styled trophy machine in which you can use your coins to get random character trophies that would be held onto your account or something, just for fun. I know the idea will never happen, but I ended up making some quick sprites.The Mario(s) are tweaked versions of some sprites I did a while back. That said, I'm not super happy with Luigi, so I may fix him up more later.

RE: Mario series trophies - DustinVG - 11-29-2017

Actually, I kinda like this idea. Might be a bit pointless but it’s charming.

RE: Mario series trophies - chaoxys - 11-29-2017

(11-29-2017, 09:12 PM)Dustinvgmaster Wrote: Actually, I kinda like this idea. Might be a bit pointless but it’s charming.
I just figured it'd be something fun to do, plus it'd give even more use to coins. Heck, we could even have rarer trophies themed to fangame characters, like Psycho Iris or Cappy (Abducted Toad).

RE: Mario series trophies - DustinVG - 11-29-2017

(11-29-2017, 09:16 PM)chaoxys Wrote:
(11-29-2017, 09:12 PM)Dustinvgmaster Wrote: Actually, I kinda like this idea. Might be a bit pointless but it’s charming.
I just figured it'd be something fun to do, plus it'd give even more use to coins. Heck, we could even have rarer trophies themed to fangame characters, like Psycho Iris or Cappy (Abducted Toad).

I like this idea as it gives me more opportunity to plug my stuff <:3

RE: Mario series trophies - mit - 11-29-2017

honestly i kinda like this over showcasing badges on posts. it might even be cool to have both showcased together in a display case kinda thing

RE: Mario series trophies - VinnyVideo - 11-29-2017

Could be fun! I'd like to find some cool uses for our currency system. Someone would probably have to program a plugin for this, since I doubt there's a plugin floating around.

Huh, didn't think people would be this on board with the idea.

As a side note, if we did want to do this, I'd be willing to offer up the MM sprites as place holder trophy graphics since theres already a massive range of characters made (plus it'd be easy to make alternate trophies, like power ups).

RE: Mario series trophies - Cruise Elroy - 11-29-2017

Sounds like a fun lil' idea. I wonder what people would think of the idea of them having the name "amiibo" instead?

(11-29-2017, 09:45 PM)Cruise Elroy Wrote: Sounds like a fun lil' idea. I wonder what people would think of the idea of them having the name "amiibo" instead?

I feel like that would only work if they had some sort of functionality, like some of them unlocking random stuff. Idk, like Gold Mario giving you a gold theme for the board. That said, that'd probably be too much work.

RE: Mario series trophies - Action Lemon - 11-29-2017

These little trophy amiibo might be able to be used in fangames if they had there own code to them.

RE: Mario series trophies - GStache - 11-30-2017

I'd be totally down with this, since it would actually make of use of those coins (for me at least). Maybe they could even have bios too, in case some members are unfamiliar with certain characters.

RE: Mario series trophies - Friendly Dictator - 11-30-2017

if there are fangame trophies i think there has to be a kremit one

RE: Mario series trophies - chaoxys - 11-30-2017

So I figured that the trophy/amiibo (MFGGiibo?) could come in 4 varieties based on rarity. (I used MM sprites for the sake of the example)

[Image: 37FpXup.png]

My general idea for the layout is something like this:

Bronze- Common- Common enemies (Goombas, Koopas, ect), Common NPCs (Toad), Common items, Small form of playable characters

Silver- Uncommon- Uncommon enemies (Hammer Bros, ect), Uncommon NPCs, "Special" NPCs (Captain Toad, Toadette, ect), Uncommon Items, Super form of playable characters, Minibosses

Gold- Rare/Special enemies, Power up forms, bosses, Fangame characters

Rainbow- Final bosses, special powerups (gold mario, ect), special fangame characters (final bosses and what not).

RE: Mario series trophies - Syaxamaphone - 11-30-2017

What if you could select a FAVORITE and assign it to your postbit to sit next to your username?

RE: Mario series trophies - Willsaber - 11-30-2017

Tbh this seems kinda pointless to me compared to badges, which mark actual feats you have accomplished. Having a trophy on your posts only shows that you got a lot of coins.

RE: Mario series trophies - Syaxamaphone - 11-30-2017

(11-30-2017, 12:12 PM)Willsaber Wrote: Tbh this seems kinda pointless to me compared to badges, which mark actual feats you have accomplished. Having a trophy on your posts only shows that you got a lot of coins.

Isn't that in itself a feat?

RE: Mario series trophies - Cruise Elroy - 11-30-2017

I think the only thing I can point out is that I feel the bronze and gold bases are a bit too similar in color -- just darken bronze's color palette a bit and you're good to go.

RE: Mario series trophies - Evil Yoshi Toes - 12-01-2017

I love this idea! It'd be really neat

RE: Mario series trophies - Yakibomb - 12-06-2017

Definitely in favor of this idea! It could have to outline another sense of representation for being an active forum member. I believe the goal for the system should be it something accessible to all, with simple rules and guidelines, with minimal game-changing rewards (though this can change, i.e. Some trophies are amiibo instead); Something like this is only about investing time into community promoting activities reward coins to net you a random trophy.

If this were to grow, the community should create the trophies. They could come in waves, or annually made "Generation #" trophies, designed by the members of the forum to share with each other.

RE: Mario series trophies - chaoxys - 12-06-2017

(12-06-2017, 03:02 PM)Yakibomb Wrote: Definitely in favor of this idea! It could have to outline another sense of representation for being an active forum member. I believe the goal for the system should be it something accessible to all, with simple rules and guidelines, with minimal game-changing rewards (though this can change, i.e. Some trophies are amiibo instead); Something like this is only about investing time into community promoting activities reward coins to net you a random trophy.

If this were to grow, the community should create the trophies. They could come in waves, or annually made "Generation #" trophies, designed by the members of the forum to share with each other.

I've actually talked over some ideas along these lines with the rest of the staff. As for who makes the trophies, thats a bit up in the air since we'd want some consistency, excluding a few special situations.

That said, I also brought up the idea of sprite comp winners getting their entry made into a new trophy.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.