MFGG Forums
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (/showthread.php?tid=145)

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Zero Kirby - 11-30-2017

It launches tomorrow, who else is looking forward to it?

After the disappointment that was X I'm glad they're going back to a more fantastical setting. Not a fan of the character designs but hopefully the game makes up for that!

RE: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Syaxamaphone - 11-30-2017

(11-30-2017, 12:28 PM)Zero Kirby Wrote: Not a fan of the character designs

Excuse me have you seen this bird??????

[Image: BkVLpsv.png]

Day 1 purchase decided by the power of this bird alone!

RE: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Zero Kirby - 11-30-2017

That has not convinced me otherwise I still think that thing looks weird

RE: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Syaxamaphone - 12-03-2017

I CAN'T ACTUALLY UNLOCK THE BIRD

RE: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Zero Kirby - 12-03-2017

It looks like a Blade so I guess you gotta get lucky with the in-game gacha system (which auto-saves before every use, so you REALLY gotta get lucky), unless it's a unique Blade for a particular Driver later on or something

Beat the first boss, I think? In the cat-people village. So far the gameplay's pretty good, though. Xenoblade X's combat always kinda felt like it was missing something, whereas this game fills in that gap with the Blade Combo system, which pulling off a full combo is ever so satisfying. Music's miles above X's showing, as well (I love the new battle theme, even more than Xenoblade 1's standard battle theme, and I'm very glad there's no "enemy caught you" variation), and the story seems pretty neat even if the main character's dedication to his motivation seems a little extreme this early on.

I just... I'm not a fan of the art. The world design is fantastic, don't get me wrong, and graphically it's quite good, but yeah, the art direction and designs for the characters just... doesn't work for me. So far I've only had a few characters whose visual design I went "aw yeah that's kinda cool" to. Rex's I can tolerate, Pyra's I just hate. It probably doesn't help that animations during cutscenes are... really really bad. Xenoblade's never really had fantastic animation, don't get me wrong, but with such high-quality models and shading and whatnot the bad animations tend to come off as goofy at the best of times, creepy at the worst. I think it worked better on the Wii/3DS because the models and textures weren't quite so good, so the awkward animation wasn't as distracting, but even the main cutscenes in the first Xenoblade had pretty decent animation, in this... hmm.

Oh and if you hate hearing the characters shouting during combat like every Xenoblade game has ever had, you can turn that off, which is nice! I leave it on though, because fighting five soldiers who all shout "THINK YOU CAN TAKE MEEEEEEEEEEEEE" every time they attack was the most hilarious thing I've ever witnessed and I love them

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.