MFGG Forums
Daily Struggles Thread - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Daily Struggles Thread (/showthread.php?tid=1450)

Daily Struggles Thread - strabiri - 11-18-2018

This is a thread to post your daily struggles. Nothing too serious, hopefully, just little inconveniences that happen pretty much everyday. I'll start us off.

Whenever I go to take a bath, half of the bath is like 40 degrees but the other half is like 102 degrees.

RE: Daily Struggles Thread - littlelum - 11-18-2018

Getting out of bed

I constantly get annoying headaches, which strangely usually happen when I think about headaches

Edit: I had to add this so "the message isn't missing"

RE: Daily Struggles Thread - strabiri - 11-18-2018

Nocebo effect?

RE: Daily Struggles Thread - Alexandra - 11-19-2018

tfw you send in a self-referral to the gender identity clinic but it's underfunded and understaffed and the wait time is 14 months till the first appointment and even after that it's ½-1½ year of meetings before you can get the health care you really should have had 10 years ago so you end up self-medicating instead

RE: Daily Struggles Thread - Thunderbro - 11-19-2018

14 months? Yikes that's pretty ridiculous, it sounds like this clinic really needs to hire more staff.

RE: Daily Struggles Thread - strabiri - 11-19-2018

God I would not be able to do that.

RE: Daily Struggles Thread - Alexandra - 11-19-2018

Yeah, it's rough, and it's the same situation at every clinic in the country (I live in Sweden). But it's not really a question of if it's "too much for me to handle" - I gotta do it regardless, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RE: Daily Struggles Thread - Hyper - 11-19-2018

Here's a list of my daily struggles:
- Waking up on time. I am quite grumpy unless I got myself some coffee.
- Customer support: Unfortunately to some people, technology isn't their cup of tea. And then there are some customers who love to take advantage of anything they can find.
- my commute: I don't recommend driving in DFW area, roads and drivers are completely rubbish. I drive 40 miles per day but it is extremely stressful. It is more stressful than work. I ended up fixing my car more frequently than average thanks to that.
- Finance: Yep, that. Gotta pay all of my bills on time, keep in track of my spendings. And last of all, PayPal is screwing with me recently because all of my payments cannot be processed without a valid address. And it is very ridiculous and picky how they verify your address. And not only that, I have spent a lot of money on car parts to fix my car by myself because mechanics like to rip me off.

These are the reasons why I became less productive and lack of energy recently. I am looking to get jobs that are not involved with customers and closer to where I live.

RE: Daily Struggles Thread - jas - 11-20-2018

i struggle most days with wanting to kill myself

RE: Daily Struggles Thread - Mariotroid - 11-22-2018

(11-20-2018, 07:17 AM)jas Wrote: i struggle most days with wanting to kill myself

Same here, usually when I'm depressed. Sometimes I get thoughts like that even when I'm not depressed though.

And @Alexandra, yeah the wait for HRT is insane. It's worth it though.... it took me 3 years since I made the call to finally start on estrogen. Itll be worth it though!!

RE: Daily Struggles Thread - Fun With Despair - 11-23-2018

(11-20-2018, 07:17 AM)jas Wrote: i struggle most days with wanting to kill myself
came here to post this

RE: Daily Struggles Thread - Hyper - 11-23-2018

I tried to keep it to myself but I have a confession to reveal. I used to have similar struggles wanting to call it quit with life. Every failed attempts ended up with me crying myself to sleep. I tried to keep everything to myself even with other people around me. Until a good friend of mine (who also happens to visit here once every blue moon) had a talk with me and I really appreciate for his assistance. No matter how dire the situation is, finding the faintest light can brighten the day. If any of you feel like that, I am open to have some conversation at Discord to make your day better.

RE: Daily Struggles Thread - Alexandra - 11-24-2018

(11-22-2018, 09:43 PM)Mariotroid Wrote: And @Alexandra, yeah the wait for HRT is insane. It's worth it though.... it took me 3 years since I made the call to finally start on estrogen. Itll be worth it though!!

Oh, I am on HRT already, for 64 days today. Self-medding and feeling better than I have in like 10+ years. It's that it takes way too long to get HRT within the system that is a problem.

RE: Daily Struggles Thread - Honey Saucer Gengar - 12-06-2018

I'm always late to my classes!

RE: Daily Struggles Thread - Evil Yoshi Toes - 12-06-2018

You should leave earlier

RE: Daily Struggles Thread - Damarioman - 12-06-2018

I scheduled a physical with my doctor and I have to wait a year for it.

RE: Daily Struggles Thread - Retriever II - 12-07-2018

(12-06-2018, 09:36 PM)Damarioman Wrote: I scheduled a physical with my doctor and I have to wait a year for it.

For the past 5 years I've scheduled my physical in Sept. or Oct. and got one within about a month.

This year I tried to schedule in Sept. and the nearest appointment was late April.  Was told everyone schedules about a year in advance now  Confused

RE: Daily Struggles Thread - Damarioman - 12-07-2018

(12-07-2018, 03:50 AM)Retriever II Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 09:36 PM)Damarioman Wrote: I scheduled a physical with my doctor and I have to wait a year for it.

For the past 5 years I've scheduled my physical in Sept. or Oct. and got one within about a month.

This year I tried to schedule in Sept. and the nearest appointment was late April.  Was told everyone schedules about a year in advance now  Confused

I wasn't scheduling in advance though. It was the earliest open spot for a physical.

RE: Daily Struggles Thread - Chadook - 12-07-2018

I constantly get fed up and i feel like beating someone up sometimes. ^^;

RE: Daily Struggles Thread - Daisy - 01-11-2019

Having to wake up in the morning is always a struggle.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.