MFGG Forums
Mario is 24-25 Years old - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Mario is 24-25 Years old (/showthread.php?tid=1510)

Mario is 24-25 Years old - Evil Yoshi Toes - 12-09-2018

Apparently Mario is only 24-25 years old, according to Miyamoto. 

This is old news but I did not know about it. How admirable to see a young man displaying such bravery in the face of danger and such immense care for his facial hair. This means Luigi is in his early twenties. 

There are other characters whose ages surprised me too, like Link and Zelda apparently being 16 in Ocarina of Time. I always assumed they were in their twenties.

RE: Mario is 24-25 Years old - littlelum - 12-09-2018

Huh. I always thought Mario was in his 40's

RE: Mario is 24-25 Years old - Mario - 12-09-2018

I'm actually 28. Wink

RE: Mario is 24-25 Years old - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 12-10-2018

this comment was removed by ossie lol

RE: Mario is 24-25 Years old - Mariotroid - 12-10-2018

I'm pretty much going to stick with the Mario Movie with Bob Hoskins is cannon. Mario is 51 and a New York city plumber. That's it. Set in stone.

RE: Mario is 24-25 Years old - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 12-10-2018

(12-10-2018, 01:50 AM)Mariotroid Wrote: I'm pretty much going to stick with the Mario Movie with Bob Hoskins is cannon. Mario is 51 and a New York city plumber. That's it. Set in stone.

Eddie From Roger Rabbit Plays Mario, And Sid From Ice age Plays Luigi, So that Means Those are non Cannon, Mario is not 51

RE: Mario is 24-25 Years old - Saltman - 12-10-2018

Remove his moustache and he's 24 for sure.

RE: Mario is 24-25 Years old - VinnyVideo - 12-14-2018

Yeah, that seems reasonable. The Mario Bros. are old enough to have gotten started in their careers (assuming they're plumbers!), but young enough to avoid having noticeable artifacts of advanced age (graying/thinning hair, etc.). It would be funny to see a fangame with a more mature Mario, though!

I always thought Zelda 64's grown-up Link sounded a bit older than he's supposed to be - although maybe being in suspended animation for seven years does that to you.

RE: Mario is 24-25 Years old - Fun With Despair - 12-15-2018

(12-09-2018, 04:24 PM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: This means Luigi is in his early twenties. 

They're twins, Luigi was just born later. Yoshi's Island shows them both as newborns together.

RE: Mario is 24-25 Years old - Evil Yoshi Toes - 12-15-2018

You’re right! I never put that together in my head.

RE: Mario is 24-25 Years old - captainkakarot64 - 12-15-2018

Interesting Thinking  one of the ssbm trophies also stated mario is 24, I always thought that was just a number made out of thin air.

RE: Mario is 24-25 Years old - fireball3k - 12-18-2018

it was a dummied out trophy of mario and yoshi, and it stated mario to be about 26 years old. anyway, if you don't mind me spewing a bunch of bullcrap, here's what i like to think about the ages of the characters in mario.

as a man in his twenties who has quite a bit of facial hair, i could totally buy mario and luigi being in their twenties. in fact, i could see them being a bit younger than 24-25. i kind of like thinking about mario, luigi, and peach being a bit younger than that. i could see mario being the oldest at about 23, luigi being younger at age 19, and peach being old enough to buy her own wine at 21. well, presuming the mushroom kingdom is anything like america when it comes to drinking laws. wario and waluigi might be a little bit older; i could see wario being 26-27 and waluigi being 22-23

also, i could see bowser being only about 24 or so. bowser jr. seems like he could be a young boy at about age 5 or 6, and perhaps the koopalings are his nephews and niece.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.