MFGG Forums
COMPLETED Ghostly Getaway - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: COMPLETED Ghostly Getaway (/showthread.php?tid=1530)

Ghostly Getaway - Mors - 12-21-2018

This is a game jam game I made in 3 days with a few friends, including Cruise Elroy the meme man, who did (some of) the graphics.
It lasts like an hour but you can save your progress and play it from your browser.

[Image: gif22.gif]

We are planning to release an updated version of it soon too

play it from here

RE: Ghostly Getaway - Cruise Elroy - 12-21-2018

mm mm mm i do love me them memes

RE: Ghostly Getaway - Honey Saucer Gengar - 12-22-2018

Can I be a playable character in an update? 
I'm a ghost myself so it seems reasonable.

RE: Ghostly Getaway - Mors - 12-22-2018

(12-22-2018, 05:15 PM)Honey Saucer Gengar Wrote: Can I be a playable character in an update? 
I'm a ghost myself so it seems reasonable.

I mean
This isn't a fangame so I can't really add characters from other IPs, such as Pokemon.

RE: Ghostly Getaway - Honey Saucer Gengar - 12-22-2018

Oh... Okay

Maybe you could add a Ghost with a javelin in his hand called Sir Ghostalot 

Or maybe a ghost with a tie a bowler hat and a cup of coffee called Cubicle Ghost 

Or maybe you could add a Gengar color ghost called Purpli-Ghost

RE: Ghostly Getaway - Thunderbro - 12-23-2018

This is such a strange, but interesting concept for a game. I'm curious as to why you guys thought up this sacrificial gameplay.

RE: Ghostly Getaway - Mors - 12-23-2018

(12-22-2018, 08:50 PM)Honey Saucer Gengar Wrote: Oh... Okay

Maybe you could add a Ghost with a javelin in his hand called Sir Ghostalot 

Or maybe a ghost with a tie a bowler hat and a cup of coffee called Cubicle Ghost 

Or maybe you could add a Gengar color ghost called Purpli-Ghost
Uh well, we aren't really planning to add more characters anyway, sorry.
(12-23-2018, 03:08 AM)Thunderbro Wrote: This is such a strange, but interesting concept for a game. I'm curious as to why you guys thought up this sacrificial gameplay.
The theme of the game jam was "Sacrifices must be made" lol, and this was the most interesting idea we could come up with that fit the theme.

RE: Ghostly Getaway - Mariotroid - 12-23-2018

How do you make games of this scale so fast? An hour long game in three days???

RE: Ghostly Getaway - VinnyVideo - 12-24-2018

I enjoyed playing your ghosty cowboy game. I finished it in 1:31, which is probably bad, but I did get all the piggies.

RE: Ghostly Getaway - Mors - 12-25-2018

(12-23-2018, 05:32 PM)Mariotroid Wrote: How do you make games of this scale so fast? An hour long game in three days???
I mean I made the game with a few of my friends, so like while I was doing the programming others were doing the level design, graphics etc.
Though over 1 hour is still pretty dang long even after all that's considered and I have no idea how we accomplished that.

(12-24-2018, 02:39 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: I enjoyed playing your ghosty cowboy game. I finished it in 1:31, which is probably bad, but I did get all the piggies.

Thanks! That's actually not very bad for an all piggies run.

RE: Ghostly Getaway - Mariotroid - 12-26-2018

(12-25-2018, 12:02 PM)Mors Wrote:
(12-23-2018, 05:32 PM)Mariotroid Wrote: How do you make games of this scale so fast? An hour long game in three days???
I mean I made the game with a few of my friends, so like while I was doing the programming others were doing the level design, graphics etc.
Though over 1 hour is still pretty dang long even after all that's considered and I have no idea how we accomplished that.

Well it is very impressive. My own Super Mario Holidays has like 7 minutes of progress and I worked on that part for four months. Anyway, awesome work friend.

I played the game and enjoyed it. It's tough but fun. I like these kind of puzzles.

RE: Ghostly Getaway - Mors - 01-14-2019

[Image: unknown.png][Image: unknown.png][Image: unknown.png]
OwO what's this?

RE: Ghostly Getaway - Daisy - 01-14-2019

Looks amazing so far.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.