MFGG Forums
Letters Of Resignation - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Letters Of Resignation (/showthread.php?tid=1539)

Pages: 1 2

Letters Of Resignation - Kirby's Adventure - 12-24-2018

In August of this year, I was promoted to Discord mod after the application process had been finished - but nothing could have prepared me for how ill equipped I was to deal with MFGG's... unique circumstances.

Moderating a community that has over a decade of deep-seated drama is an incredibly difficult task, one that I believed would be easy, and one that I offered to do simply because it looked like staff "needed a hand," in my own words. Turns out, staff needs more than a hand; it needs an arm and a leg. To make it short, this has been weighing on my mind for awhile. After considering others' comments on my performance as well as my own shortcomings as a moderator, I'm ready to step down in the wake of what's happening; I feel that I am ill equipped to continue being part of the staff.

These past two days have not been good for my mental or physical wellbeing. It's been four months, MFGG, but I'm not going to make any comment on whether they were good or bad.

RE: A Letter Of Resignation - Mario - 12-24-2018

Unlike Pedigree's resignation thread, I can't take this opening because I believe the Discord should be deleted, sorry.

RE: A Letter Of Resignation - VinnyVideo - 12-24-2018

It's sad to see it's come to this, but if you think it's best for you to step down, I totally understand - the recent uptick in drama has been difficult for all of us. Thanks for all you've done during your time as staff.

RE: A Letter Of Resignation - Amine Retro - 12-24-2018

oh...  Sad
i hope this ends well...

RE: A Letter Of Resignation - Cruise Elroy - 12-24-2018

Well, this really shouldn't come as a surprise to some. I'm stepping down too.

Recently, I've gotten some slack over a post I made over on our Discord server. I acknowledge that I was not in the right mindset to say what I did, nor did all of my points get conveyed properly. I've apologized for it (repeatedly), but it seems as though some still don't see it that way. I can admit I was a bit passive-aggressive in some of my responses, but I would argue that there has been FAR more rudeness coming from your end.

I've already been becoming increasingly less interested in interacting with the community due to how every day it seems like someone's butthurt about something. The problem is that it's my job to be there when that happens.

I do not like coming around here anymore. Even before this whole ordeal, I grew more accustomed to other communities I can actually get behind. I still thought of this place as "okay" at best, but I didn't consider resigning until the events of yesterday and today.

I sincerely am not trying to make it sound like I'm placing the blame entirely on this specific community. That being said, though, I honestly feel like I don't mesh with it at all, anymore. I'd much rather move on to a community that's accepting of who I am instead of constantly dealing with one that pins the blame on me for every little thing that happens on our end. Basic respect towards the staff is something that I genuinely feel is nonexistent.

Can we be doing things better? Definitely. Have we f***ed things up before? Absolutely. But none of these excuse beating us over the head and calling our skill worthless when we TRY to make things better.

Will I come back some day? Maybe, but as for now I'm fed up. If you bump into me somewhere else feel free to say "hi," but I'm personally done trying to sail this sinking ship.

Fare thee well.

RE: A Letter Of Resignation - Mario - 12-24-2018

oh hey id be admin! I'll take that one!

RE: A Letter Of Resignation - Yrr - 12-24-2018

the best staff member mfgg ever had was Char and it turned out he was a 12 year old who lied his way into his position lmao

RE: A Letter Of Resignation - rollerC - 12-24-2018

Please take the time to focus on your real lives and enjoy the communities that still care about you. Good luck to you both and if you ever need anything, even just to talk, feel free to DM me.

I’m sorry things reached a head for you guys.

RE: Letters Of Resignation - DustinVG - 12-24-2018

I think I'm out as well, fellas.

Over the past few months, I've tried to keep a positive outlook on MFGG. After all, it's a site that I've visited and loved since I was little, basically. But we've reached the point where I think I've lost hope. It's in a sorry state and, frankly, I feel like I'm out of options for fixing it.

The atmosphere on MFGG lately has been dreadful, in my humble opinion. It's been hostile, it's been unwelcoming and it, above all else, hasn't been fun. Many users on the site have agreed with this, even if they haven't bothered to say it. It's a black cloud that's been over the site for months.

I'm going to be straight up honest here and say that I definitely blame it on a few specific members. Call it bias if you will (lord knows, you have before), but I think there are some members on this site that seem to make it their entire purpose to make there presence here as unpleasant, condescending and downright mean as possible. I will fully admit, there are some users on this site I really just wanted to be done with. Did that make me overeager to take action in some instances? Perhaps. But honestly, I think members that could get such a reaction out of not just me, but practically all of the staff deserved at least some thought. Whenever we tried to take action, we were basically crucified. It wasn't always to the letter of the rules, sure, but there's no respectable way to just say "you're extremely unpleasant to be around and numerous people have said so" and just have that be that.

I could drop names, but what's really the point? I think it's basically all out there in the open anyway. If not, it's incredibly transparent. If you even have to try and figure out if it's you, it probably isn't you. I realize some of you probably hate my guts for saying all of that, but some of you did anyway.

I've just stopped having fun and being happy contributing to this site. Being staff has become way too stressful for a job that pays nothing. I have quite literally been brought to tears through some of it. Call me a sissy if you want; I really don't care at this point.

I'm leaving MFGG. Some of you will be elated, I'm sure. Either way, I don't have it in me to do this anymore. Maybe one day, I'll be back. I don't know. I'll still be around elsewhere if you know where to find me. Sayonara, MFGG.

RE: Letters Of Resignation - Pea - 12-24-2018

All this in one day. Good lord.

RE: Letters Of Resignation - The Dark Warrior - 12-24-2018

staff biting the dust

welp. sad thing is, I liked quite a few of them since they presented themselves to be fun to talk to.

(I already said all I needed to say the matter on Discord just fyi)

RE: Letters Of Resignation - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 12-24-2018

(12-24-2018, 06:05 PM)Pea Wrote: All this in one day. Good lord.

i read "good lord" as "good thread" and i was going to give you a 1-up

RE: Letters Of Resignation - Zero Kirby - 12-24-2018

Well, guess I should say I'm leaving too.

Not gonna make a big ol' post about it. I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired and really don't feel this place has been worth the time and effort I've put into it lately.

I'll check my PMs for a while so if you want to contact me hit me up through 'em but my birthday present to myself is going to be packin' up shop 'round here.

As Curly Bill said,

Well. Bye.

RE: Letters Of Resignation - Mariotroid - 12-24-2018

I'm not good with people or making friends. I try to become friends with people here on MFGG but I know I'm just one of those "outside" members... I dont go on the discord or space junk galaxy much so I dont socialize here too much. So I dont know the drama that's been going around. I'm sorry to hear.

I'm here to make Mario fangames and art. I appreciate that this place exists. I always wanted to make mario games since I was little. I love you all and good luck with your lives and keep on trucking.
Stay out of drama and love yourself. I wish you wealth and success.

RE: Letters Of Resignation - Mario - 12-24-2018

sorry zero kirby and dustin i ran out of ideas for posts about people resigning. but if its any consolidation, zero kirby your resignation post is my favourite.

now im realizing that two kirbys resigned. thats weird

RE: Letters Of Resignation - Fun With Despair - 12-24-2018

well I have something I have to say too, it weighs quite heavy on me but...

...I'm not resigning at all, no use making a big post about it, gonna stick around and still be here doing stuff

can't get rid of me, I have the arcane power of having no life

RE: Letters Of Resignation - Miles - 12-24-2018

To those of you resigning, I wish you happier days ahead.
To those of you not, well I still hope things go all nice and good and dandy for ya, as much as is possible.

In either case, I respect you lot and your efforts. Here's hoping things sail smoother for everyone going forward.

RE: Letters Of Resignation - Zero Kirby - 12-24-2018

(12-24-2018, 08:00 PM)Mario Wrote: sorry zero kirby and dustin i ran out of ideas for posts about people resigning. but if its any consolidation, zero kirby your resignation post is my favourite.

It's not

It's not a great consolation, either, but hey, at least I did something right eventually I guess

RE: Letters Of Resignation - Yakibomb - 12-24-2018

I'm deeply sorry, and sad, this had been dreadful for the admins and the community here. MFGG has been apart of my childhood and given me hope to see creative outlets blossom, and to see the community begin somewhat of a fallout really hurts me.

For those that are stepping down or leaving, I have to put my heart out here and bestow those with a kind, gentle blessing of appreciation. I know it doesn't mean much to do so, being a random guy without much presence or activity on MFGG. Just, thank you.

RE: Letters Of Resignation - Honey Saucer Gengar - 12-24-2018

It's been good havin' ya around Kirby 
You were a god discord mod 
It's sad to see ya go

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.