MFGG Forums
why i love smash ultimate's final boss (MAJOR SPOILERS) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: why i love smash ultimate's final boss (MAJOR SPOILERS) (/showthread.php?tid=1545)

why i love smash ultimate's final boss (MAJOR SPOILERS) - SilverVortex - 12-26-2018

okay, before i get my butt kicked for not doing this, these are HUGE, MAJOR final boss (and also other stuff) spoilers for smash bros ultimate.
all those who haven't played it gone? no? well, i did warn you.

i LOVED world of light. i loved the overworld's design and watercolour paint, its routes and shops, most of the spirits (looking at rayman and pauline here) and its dungeons. however, it came to me that it was slightly repetitive, spirit after spirit after fighter after spirit. then the dark realm came around and it started to get slightly less repetitive because of the unique settings and traits to these worlds. then, it was something, something, repetitive spirit battles.

then we got to the final segment. hoo, boy.
it was probably the most unique, but also kind of repetitive thing ever. the aspect of this final section is that you fight and defeat a spirit/fighter/hand and the other side gets an advantage. you could just get to the top as quickly as possible, but then you'd get a bad ending.

so after ALL of that, you're told that you've conquered light and darkness, and you're pulled into the true final boss. this is the most unique aspect of this entire game. it has three segments, unlike the other galeem or dharkon fights, and each of them are all the more awesome. also, before starting, you're pulled into the fighter selection screen to choose not one, but three fighters.

first section is a subtle nod to the subspace emissary because it's a platforming section, with dark and light shadow fighters along the way to break up the cycle. while climbing, you get pulled into some really cool stuff, like galeem/dharkon shooting their tendrils at you which smash all of the platforms in their way, or their bodies, their weak spots and tendril wheels that do a LOT of damage floating across the stage until you beat up the weak spot enough. and before i move on, there is this cool bob-omb section where you equip a rocket belt and fly past the fuse-lit and walking bombs to save yourself being damaged.

the second section in my opinion is the very best. you're pulled onto final destination with the divide between dark and light in the background, and several orbs with familiar faces fly to attack each other (and you, occasionally). attacking these will send you to a fake reality to refight the bosses of the game, these being: galleom, giga bowser, rathalos, dracula, marx and ganon. you will be sent back after every boss, and every two boss fights will give you a heart container. also, remember when i said the divide between light and darkness was in the background? every boss you mercilessly kill will give the other side an "advantage", but it doesn't affect anything, it's just a cosmetic thing and i love it. just slightly off topic, but giga bowser seems to be based off brawl's bowser because of the hunched posture, the fire based side smash and the shell based down smash.

the third and final section is just the final fight, but it's unique in itself. before it all begins, you can see how much the rivalry is there, and that's an important aspect of the fight. this means that their attacks, while aimed at you, can hurt the opposition (and when one is knocked down, the other deliberately hurts them and it's hilarious). i would go through each attack in depth, but i'll just say that shielding is your friend, take some sort of healing spirit (i recommend celebi, or anyone with great autoheal) and do NOT play as roy. getting close just to do more damage is super risky (coming from a person who loves to play with spacious characters like marth and richter) and you'll most likely take more damage than you dealt.

and THAT is why i love the final boss. goodbye.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.