MFGG Forums
(Custom made)Super mario maker deluxe mock-ups - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Arts Board (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: (Custom made)Super mario maker deluxe mock-ups (/showthread.php?tid=1564)

(Custom made)Super mario maker deluxe mock-ups - Mariofan230 - 01-01-2019

Here are some custom made SMMDX mockups!
(credit to Awesomezack, FanofSMBX, Jacob-Turbo, Dariuscox357, Kirbypoyo567, Qwertyuiopasd1234567, Emman, Redbird030, Tinitroman and noobguy519)

[attachment=215]
[attachment=216]

RE: (Custom made)Super mario maker deluxe mock-ups - SonicZetrex - 01-02-2019

It looks pretty neat! Even though I thought it has something to do with the "Deluxe" kind of feeling.

RE: (Custom made)Super mario maker deluxe mock-ups - OssieTheOstrich - 01-02-2019

Last time i checked, the Nintendo Switch's screen size wasn't that small.

Joking aside, these look pretty good, though there are a few palette issues, such as in the multiplayer mockup, none of the characters have a Mario Maker palette, instead using the NES palette. And most of the mockups are in the SMB1 style, with the exception of the one in the SMB3 style. You should probably use the SMW style as well.

RE: (Custom made)Super mario maker deluxe mock-ups - Mariofan230 - 01-02-2019

(01-02-2019, 03:32 AM)Ostrich Wrote: Last time i checked, the Nintendo Switch's screen size wasn't that small.

Joking aside, these look pretty good, though there are a few palette issues, such as in the multiplayer mockup, none of the characters have a Mario Maker palette, instead using the NES palette. And most of the mockups are in the SMB1 style, with the exception of the one in the SMB3 style. You should probably use the SMW style as well.
Whoops! My mistake, thanks for pointing that out! Wink Also i made a few more mockups that aren't SMB1 as you can see:
    [attachment=219]     (Early idea) (*Exclusive* credit to nanadul)

(01-02-2019, 02:35 AM)SonicZetrex Wrote: It looks pretty neat! Even though I thought it has something to do with the "Deluxe" kind of feeling.
Well this is not all of the mockups yet so more will be coming soon so we can all see a better view of SMMDX.
Especially it also includes more styles and different new features with gameplay and making.
The added mockups are on top of this small reply to take a look Wink

RE: (Custom made)Super mario maker deluxe mock-ups - YoshisIsland3 - 01-05-2019

This is good but some sprites look off.

1. The NES styled Bowser Statue has outlines, it looks weird, especially when it breaks the 4 color. Try removing the outlines to make it more consistent with the other sprites and like Ostrich said, use the SMM palette instead.

2. The red shading on the SMB2 Banzai Bill's head looks weird and disjointed, try smoothing it out to make it look better.

3. The palette used in the SML theme looks very inconsistent, some sprites use a grey palette while others use black and white, I advise you to stick to either palette to make it more consistent. Another thing is that the Thwomp is way too big to fit in SML style, I think you should look at AwesomeZack's SMW in SML sheet for better reference.

4. Some sprites like the Foo, Nipper Plant and Ant-Trooper in the above screenshots look inaccurate and weird, they fit the style but their sprites just look awkward in comparsion to the rest of the sprites, especially that weird platform next to the Foo.

You didn't do a bad job but this needs a bit of an improvement.  Thumbs Up

RE: (Custom made)Super mario maker deluxe mock-ups - Mariofan230 - 01-26-2019

(01-05-2019, 08:05 PM)YoshisIsland3 Wrote: This is good but some sprites look off.

1. The NES styled Bowser Statue has outlines, it looks weird, especially when it breaks the 4 color. Try removing the outlines to make it more consistent with the other sprites and like Ostrich said, use the SMM palette instead.

2. The red shading on the SMB2 Banzai Bill's head looks weird and disjointed, try smoothing it out to make it look better.

3. The palette used in the SML theme looks very inconsistent, some sprites use a grey palette while others use black and white, I advise you to stick to either palette to make it more consistent. Another thing is that the Thwomp is way too big to fit in SML style, I think you should look at AwesomeZack's SMW in SML sheet for better reference.

4. Some sprites like the Foo, Nipper Plant and Ant-Trooper in the above screenshots look inaccurate and weird, they fit the style but their sprites just look awkward in comparsion to the rest of the sprites, especially that weird platform next to the Foo.

You didn't do a bad job but this needs a bit of an improvement.  Thumbs Up
Thank you for your feedback but there may have been some issues with some things.

1. Bowser statue outline thing:

Here is the fixed version! Though it didn't have more than four colors Confused , Unless you misspelled it and you were trying to say three? Some SMM sprites in the original game do have four colors or more just so you know Wink. However when i looked at the statue the light gray was from the SMM palette, it was just the darker gray on it that used the NES palette.

2. Red shading:

Here is the fixed version for this one too! No issues with fixing it Agree .

3. SML palette and thowmp:

I stick-ed with one palette as you requested. Though as i looked at Awesomezacks thowmp and mine, to me i thought it was a little too small... so that's why it was quite an issue to fix it.

4. Custom enemy and platform graphics:
So with the only fixing issues for this one is basically like what happened with the thowmp, not only that but the sprites were used from SMM sheets (as you can see why i gave credit to people), i hope there's something i can do to fix that issue. (Unless you can probably tell them to fix them?)

And lastly, i was able to improve (most) of the stuff you listed! Wink

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.