MFGG Forums
MFGG Awards 2018 - NOMINATIONS - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: News and Events (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: MFGG Awards 2018 - NOMINATIONS (/showthread.php?tid=1566)

MFGG Awards 2018 - NOMINATIONS - VinnyVideo - 01-01-2019

MFGG Awards 2018

Another year is in the books. And we all know what that means - it's time to nominate another batch of awesome games and awesome members for this year's MFGG Awards!

As usual, MFGG Awards consists of two phases - the Nomination Phase and the Voting Phase. In the Nomination Phase, you nominate a member (for the individual categories) or a game (for the games categories). The five people/games with the most nominations per category will move on to the final voting, which begins in about two weeks. After the final voting ends, the staff will tally the winners and announce them in another topic. The winners receive a groovy MFGG Awards 2018 badge!

Here's how the nomination phase works:
1. Copy this list of categories:
2. Enter ONE name per category. Please remove the description for the awards category, and remember that you're not allowed to nominate yourself or a game you made yourself.

3. Send your nominations per PM to MFGG Awards.

Nominations end on Tuesday, January 15 at 11:59 P.M. Eastern time. Then we'll tally up the results and begin the Voting Phase.

A few other things to keep in mind:
  • If you're not sure about a category, it's OK to leave it blank, but please try to fill out as many categories as possible.
  • We reserve the right to omit a category in the final voting if only a few people submit a nomination for that category.
  • MFGG Awards 2018 covers anything posted on the MFGG forums, mainsite, Discord, and Wiki during the calendar year of 2018. If someone worked on it in 2018, it's eligible.
  • If you need ideas for the game categories, take a look at games that won Game of the Month awards or Minigame Competitions in 2018, as well as submissions that consistently earned positive reviews on the mainsite. For the individual categories, I recommend exploring the MFGG forums to find examples of high-quality work that you might've missed.

If you're unsure about anything, don't be afraid to ask!

RE: MFGG Awards 2018 - NOMINATIONS - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 01-02-2019

No Best Joker?, I Would Love to Try That one out

RE: MFGG Awards 2018 - NOMINATIONS - AquaTheYoshi - 01-02-2019

Although I might fit a one or two of those categories, I rarely post my art/music here so people probably won't vote for me lol

RE: MFGG Awards 2018 - NOMINATIONS - Yakibomb - 01-03-2019

I'm surprised there is no "Best Post" because I definitely have one in mind.

RE: MFGG Awards 2018 - NOMINATIONS - Q-Nova - 01-05-2019

Yes, MFGG Awards is here! Other Big Brin It seems that a few common categories aren't being used in this MFGG Awards, though, such as Best Concept, Best Setting, Most Replay Value, Best Secrets, Best Bosses, Most Positive Contributor, and Most Helpful. I can understand why some aren't being used, though (Best Concept, Most Original Gameplay, and perhaps even Best Setting can be merged into one category, and 2018 didn't have much for fangame bosses).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

RE: MFGG Awards 2018 - NOMINATIONS - VinnyVideo - 01-05-2019

@Q-Nova I'm glad that you're here to notice everything! @Yoshin and I talked about streamlining the awards list, which had gotten pretty long. A lot of the categories were either redundant (Most Original Gameplay and Best Concept were merged into one) or often didn't get a lot of nominations in the past (like Best Secrets). We agreed that having a shorter list would be more user-friendly.

And yes, it'll be interesting to see how this goes - MFGG Awards is always a lot of fun.

RE: MFGG Awards 2018 - NOMINATIONS - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 01-06-2019

If There was a Best Joker i Would Participate But I'll Not Participate Until there's a Best Joker Category

RE: MFGG Awards 2018 - NOMINATIONS - VinnyVideo - 01-06-2019

@"Jingle JC" Many years ago, MFGG Awards had a "Funniest Member" category. We can't change the categories list after the nominations phase has started, but we can always talk about new categories for next year.

RE: MFGG Awards 2018 - NOMINATIONS - OssieTheOstrich - 01-10-2019

(01-01-2019, 11:42 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: We reserve the right to omit a category in the final voting if only a few people submit a nomination for that category.
(01-06-2019, 09:28 AM)VinnyVideo Wrote: We can't change the categories list after the nominations phase has started.
 ?
Thinking

RE: MFGG Awards 2018 - NOMINATIONS - Thunderbro - 01-10-2019

What I get from this is that the categories we can vote on are set in stone after the voting process has begun, but if a category doesn't receive enough votes by the end, staff reserves the right to remove the category.

RE: MFGG Awards 2018 - NOMINATIONS - Daisy - 01-10-2019

As I only just joined, it would be unfair for me to vote on these right now but when results do come, I will help update the wiki. Smile

RE: MFGG Awards 2018 - NOMINATIONS - VinnyVideo - 01-12-2019

Don't forget! There's only four more days to submit your nominations.

RE: MFGG Awards 2018 - NOMINATIONS - Yakibomb - 01-13-2019

I'm pretty excited for this, not gonna lie.

RE: MFGG Awards 2018 - NOMINATIONS - Q-Nova - 01-13-2019

Yeah, I'm rather excited to see the nominations too. I'm hoping that I'll nominated at least once. Good luck to all of you!

RE: MFGG Awards 2018 - NOMINATIONS - VinnyVideo - 01-16-2019

Thanks everyone for submitting your nominations. I'll be tallying your votes, and I'll post the final voting topic tomorrow!

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.