MFGG Forums
WIP SMB Crowned Bowsette + Bonus Games (download) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: WIP SMB Crowned Bowsette + Bonus Games (download) (/showthread.php?tid=1575)

SMB Crowned Bowsette + Bonus Games (download) - Kazufox - 01-05-2019

Hey everyone, so from continuing off the successes of my SMB3 Crowned Edition ROM Hack (https://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=7&id=35133) I've decided to continue on another Bowsette related ROM Hack. This time will be on the original Super Mario Bros.

Yes, I understand there's already a Bowsette boss fight SMB ROM Hack, but mine will be another Crowned Edition where all the enemies are turned into their Super Crown counterparts. And I'll have my own version of Bowsette in the game.

As to what all is going to be put in? Stay turned and I'll keep everyone posted. Expect this sometime in February.

RE: SMB Crowned Bowsette ROM Hack - Kazufox - 01-10-2019

Okay...so update time! Some news to share.

There are going to be multiple versions, mainly different skins for your flavor. Some will have different cosmetic changes or sprites included, maybe it'll affect the color palette of the enemies too.

Should note the alt color versions will be: Blonde, Redhead, Classic, Daisy, Peach, and Rosalina.

There will be a few versions that have changed text when you beat a castle. These are Koopa Peach, Dark Bowsette (in-progress), and deciding if Boosette should be here or another skin variant only.

However, I have been expanding one of the files to the point it includes new sprites for the enemies as they are no longer -ette. I'm deciding if I should release this one later as it is still Bowsette related or in the Crowned Edition files. The main enemy forces will be Toads this time around. Like I said, more will be shared in time so stay tuned...

RE: SMB Crowned Bowsette ROM Hack - Kazufox - 01-17-2019

I may have gone too far in a few places. But it's stylistically designed to be that way. And you can't undo that but you can diminish the effects of it...

Okay, update time...where to begin. Firstly, Bowsette is playable in one of the special versions where you go against Dark Bowsette and her army.

[Image: dcxby3o-e87af701-4b5a-4a67-a845-7ee1f0b87b04.png]

Next, I made 2 sets of enemy types. Main set has all the enemies and Toad in their Super Crown form. Most of the enemies Peach's Counterattack are Toad and Yoshi.

In the 2 special versions, a special guest will be who you find at the castle instead of Toad.

Regular crowned game variants have a change in Bowsette skins like blonde, redhead, and green Bowser colors. Additional versions change a combination of sprites like enemy colors, hammers, firebreath, bridge ax, and moving platforms. These are the Peach, Daisy, Dry Bowser, and Rosalina versions.

Koopa Peach and Boosette versions change the Bowsette sprite to the respective boss instead. This also changes the text after saving "Toad" and the ending. Boosette even more so since only Luigi can be played. Again, some changes like the other skins may apply.

Special Versions:
-VS Dark Bowsette-
Bowsette will be playable in this version as Mario has gone missing (again). The enemies will remain the Super Crown -ette variants.

-Peach Counterattack!-
Mario is the main hero here again, but most of the enemies are a Toad or Yoshi. Wonder who you'll end up saving?

So...in total that'll be 11 ROM files. With the Spiny throw patch applied.
3 skins
4 skins+variations
2 special skins
2 special versions

RE: SMB Crowned Bowsette ROM Hack - Kazufox - 01-23-2019

I've done some more updates to the files, so to note there is the main game where Bowsette and her Super Crowned minions are the baddies with 7 unique skins and a variety of changes. For instance, Dry Bowsette is more flat chested.

Boosette version will have things a bit more spooky as a Luigi game. His 2P is based on his anime movie colors.
[Image: q7X25yg.png]

And I plan on posting this weekend the ROM files after some final testing. I'll start posting the sprites soon in time too.

RE: SMB Crowned Bowsette ROM Hack - Kazufox - 02-03-2019

It's finally here everyone! Now on MFGG. I present to you all, the SMB1 Crowned Edition with a lot of bonus content including Koopa Peach, Boosette (Luigi only), Dark Bowsette (regular Bowsette playable), and Peach boss versions too!

MFGG Download: https://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=7&id=35196
RHDN Download: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4331/

7 skins of the Bowsette battle Blonde, Redhead, and Green versions are standard. Variations in sprites or other enemy palettes may apply to the Daisy, Peach, Dry Bowser, and Rosalina versions. Such as Dry Bowsette being flat chested. All the enemies are made into Super Crown versions.

[Image: 4331screenshot3.png]

See above posts for example changes in Boosette and Dark Bowsette versions.

Special thanks to GoldS for the unused spiny throw patch used.

More fun stuff to note: You can play as Bowsette in multiple versions if apply multiple IPS patches to the same file! I use LunarIPS to make that happen. Results may vary.

[Image: IPwBTen.png]

I plan on releasing some content, so don't count this done just yet.

RE: SMB Crowned Bowsette + Bonus Games (download) - Kazufox - 12-08-2019

Some fun news, I'm considering doing a Lost Levels hack. Few things I'll need to iron out considering there isn't a title editor I can refer to...if anyone does know of one, that'd be helpful thanks in advance.

I've been pondering about making a Mariette/Luigette versions. Also about cutting down the number of versions, I know it was something really liked with the SMB1 hack. Open to ideas or suggestions.

[Image: EMzIHff.png]

Will be having Bowsette playable in 2 of the versions planned.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.