MFGG Forums
WIP Paper Mario the Well Crafted Journey (JOKE GAME) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: WIP Paper Mario the Well Crafted Journey (JOKE GAME) (/showthread.php?tid=1577)

Paper Mario the Well Crafted Journey (JOKE GAME) - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 01-07-2019

Remember Super Mario 64 Really Good Edition?, Well I'm Making a Paper Mario Fan Game Based off Really Good Edition.

Here's a Concept Of it (partner's included)
[Image: Screen_Shot_2019-01-07_at_1.04.03_PM.png]

RE: Paper Mario The Well Crafted Journy (JOKE GAME) - Damarioman - 01-07-2019

Wow, even the joke Paper Mario game has better battles than Sticker Star!

RE: Paper Mario The Well Crafted Journy (JOKE GAME) - VinnyVideo - 01-07-2019

Heh heh. Not often do you see a fangame of a fangame!

RE: Paper Mario The Well Crafted Journy (JOKE GAME) - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 01-09-2019

[Image: Screen_Shot_2019-01-09_at_12.37.39_PM.png]

When You Win a Battle You Win a Star Point (GET IT?)

RE: Paper Mario The Well Crafted Journy (JOKE GAME) - OssieTheOstrich - 04-01-2019

I'm the programmer of the game, so here is some stuff I made.

[Image: Paper_Mario_Partner_Test_2_for_JC.gif]
[Image: Paper_Mario_Partner_Selection_Test_for_JC.gif]

RE: Paper Mario The Well Crafted Journy (JOKE GAME) - Clobbah - 04-01-2019

(04-01-2019, 11:30 AM)Ostrich101 Wrote: I'm the programmer of the game, so here is some stuff I made.

[Image: Paper_Mario_Partner_Test_2_for_JC.gif]
[Image: Paper_Mario_Partner_Selection_Test_for_JC.gif]
Well, I'll be damned. This is actually becoming a game! At first I thought it would just stay as drawings and norhing more but now I'm intrigued. Excellent work so far!

RE: Paper Mario The Well Crafted Journy (JOKE GAME) - OssieTheOstrich - 04-29-2019

I finally made the battle system.
[Image: Paper_Mario_Battle_Test_for_JC.gif]
It's rough, but for now it good.

RE: Paper Mario The Well Crafted Journy (JOKE GAME) - OssieTheOstrich - 06-04-2019

It appears that I forgot to post this, oops..
[Image: Paper_Mario_Talking_Test_for_JC.gif]

RE: Paper Mario The Well Crafted Journy (JOKE GAME) - OssieTheOstrich - 07-23-2019

I'm not as active now and I didn't work on this until today. So for those who thought it was dead, you've been proven wrong.

I've revamped Mario to look less strange and more accurate to his actual self.
[Image: Paper_Mario_Revamp.PNG]
The one on the left is the original by JC that was touched up by me. And the one on the right is the new more accurate version by me.

I also added a few more frames in the walking animation.
[Image: Well_Crafted_Mario_Revamp.gif]
I'll fix the other character's (and by that I mean the Goomba and the NPC JC made) sprites later.

RE: Paper Mario The Well Crafted Journy (JOKE GAME) - OssieTheOstrich - 07-24-2019

Remember the Spin Attack from the original Paper Mario? Well I brought it back for the the Well Crafted Journey.

[Image: Well_Crafted_Spinny_Spin.gif]

Thinking Wonder what this is for...
[Image: Paper_Mario_Revamp_Think.PNG]

RE: Paper Mario The Well Crafted Journy (JOKE GAME) - OssieTheOstrich - 07-25-2019

Okay more progress on this.

Concept Art:
[Image: Screen_Shot_2019-07-25_at_4.46.24_PM.png]
"This is Hairdoom, A pun on Hairdo and Doom, She has long and evil hair so Mario cannot stomp on her hair, She is one of Trayvorx's evil minions" ~ JC

Sprite-Work:
[Image: goomvsgoomba.PNG]

I redid the Goomba to be less, weird, I guess.

Game Development Progress:
You are now able to climb walls when riding JC, and it's the most buggiest W.I.P thing.
[Image: Well_Crafted_JC.gif]

Battle System Progress.
[Image: Well_Crafted_Battle.gif]

RE: Paper Mario the Well Crafted Journey (JOKE GAME) - OssieTheOstrich - 07-26-2019

The battle system is shaping up real nicely..
[Image: Well_Crafted_Battle_2.gif]

I also want to mention that JC and I have thought of the prologue opening, so I'll probably put it into the game soon.

It'll probably go something like this:
After the events of Color Splash, Mario, Luigi, Peach and the Toads return to the Mushroom Kingdom (or where ever the original Paper Mario takes place) , to which they stop on the boating docks and notice a door to a new world that a Toad forbids them to take. Meanwhile, the evil villain Trayvorx is planning on destroying the universe and needs a person who is mostly filled with happiness, that being Peach. Later he kidnaps Peach and takes her to the world on the otherside of the door. Mario, after being warned of the dangers of the world, then goes into the door.

Also during the game you'll be able to play as Peach and Bowser, like the TTYD. Peach's story will be where she tries to find out what Trayvorx needs her for. Also Twink will be with Peach as well.

As for Bowser, his story is where he hears a contest where you can appear on his favourite show "Teletubbies", which is being held in the world beyond the door, so he runs out to try to enter the contest. His gameplay will be same as the 2D sidescrolling platformer stages in TTYD.

The plot will also take place during that Waluigi Joke Game I'm also doing.

RE: Paper Mario the Well Crafted Journey (JOKE GAME) - Evil Yoshi Toes - 07-26-2019

Nice! That battle system is coming along well, and I like the sound of the story too. I 'm glad that despite it being a "joke game," you're putting a lot of effort into making it enjoyable.

RE: Paper Mario the Well Crafted Journey (JOKE GAME) - OssieTheOstrich - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 09:34 AM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: Nice! That battle system is coming along well, and I like the sound of the story too. I 'm glad that despite it being a "joke game," you're putting a lot of effort into making it enjoyable.

wow that was a fast reply and 1up

Glad you liked the story, JC and I really liked doing it, and most of my joke games have effort into making it enjoyable lol. (JC also asked me to make it enjoyable, so it was his choice.)

RE: Paper Mario the Well Crafted Journey (JOKE GAME) - OssieTheOstrich - 07-31-2019

I was supposed to do these a few days ago, but I was busy with the Mario CD test.Whoops!

First, here's the opening/prologue.
[Image: Well_Crafted_Prologue_Opening.gif]
also i'd like to mention that the clouds are from that Waluigi Joke game i'm doing

Oh and enemies now go back after attacking.
[Image: Well_Crafted_Battle_3.gif]

Also a small notice: JC has a mild fever so he can't work with me on art/concept art. He is feeling a bit better now though.

RE: Paper Mario the Well Crafted Journey (JOKE GAME) - OssieTheOstrich - 08-01-2019

I added a new thing to battles where sometimes when you battle an enemy there can be 1 or 2 enemies in battle, and now the enemies continue to fight after you kill one of them.
[Image: Well_Crafted_Battle_4.gif]
Also I'm using Debug saves in the gif so I can show both the one enemy battles and two enemy battles. Obviously the debug stuff won't be used in the demo/final game.

I'll probably work on the partners tomorrow.
Keyword is "probably"*

By the way, JC is feeling better now and he doesn't have a fever anymore.

RE: Paper Mario the Well Crafted Journey (JOKE GAME) - OssieTheOstrich - 08-16-2019

Here's some progress on Nosie. Not only has he been redone, but now you can use his overworld ability. (By the way, he is actually your second partner, not your first partner.)
[Image: Well_Crafted_Nosie.gif]
Ignore the fact that there are no Goombas to fight, that is due to me not coding the 3 enemy battles yet.

I can't believe I forgot to post this. (This hasn't been put in the game yet, if you are wondering..)
[Image: paper_mario_won.PNG]

RE: Paper Mario the Well Crafted Journey (JOKE GAME) - OssieTheOstrich - 09-22-2019

Remember how I said that I didn't code 3 enemy battles? Yeah, ignore that now, cause they have been coded.
This took a while to get right as all of the starting points (or the "which enemy you choose to attack") needed to be coded.
[Image: Well_Crafted_Battle_5.gif]

Here is Zoomo, the first partner you unlock.
[Image: Zoomo3.PNG]
I mixed the design JC did with the one @Toony did. (Toony's looked great, by the way)

Speaking of Zoomo, he is in the game now, though at the moment he doesn't do anything unique, but he will soon.
[Image: Well_Crafted_Zoomo.gif]

And here is a book which allows you to see the stats of enemies.
[Image: a_book_ey.PNG]
It's a replacement for Goombario and Goombella's tattle ability, so JC and I won't have to create a separate partner just for the stats.

RE: Paper Mario the Well Crafted Journey (JOKE GAME) - Damarioman - 09-22-2019

This has surpassed being a Joke Game.

RE: Paper Mario the Well Crafted Journey (JOKE GAME) - OssieTheOstrich - 09-23-2019

(09-22-2019, 09:02 PM)Damarioman Wrote: This has surpassed being a Joke Game.

but it's still gonna be one lol

More battle updates.
[Image: Well_Crafted_Battle_6.gif]
This needs some more work..

oh and here's some art:

"Stomping an enemy".
[Image: stomp4.PNG]

"About to jump":
[Image: grrr.PNG]

And a logo for the game.
[Image: Well_Crafted_Journey_Title_Finished.PNG]

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.