MFGG Forums
WIP "Mickey Mouse Works: The Platformer" - A SMBX episode (Spriter Wanted!) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: WIP "Mickey Mouse Works: The Platformer" - A SMBX episode (Spriter Wanted!) (/showthread.php?tid=1578)

"Mickey Mouse Works: The Platformer" - A SMBX episode (Spriter Wanted!) - ElmerMouseFan34 - 01-07-2019

Hello, everyone!
I wanted to share some information about my project. It's called "Mickey Mouse Works: The Platformer" and it's an episode for Super Mario Bros. X 2.0.  I know it's a crazy idea and that this might not seem related to Super Mario.
I haven't thought much about the story except for the villain, who will be the Phantom Blot.
For now, I can say that the playable characters are:
  • Mickey Mouse (replacing Mario);
  • Donald Duck (replacing Toad);
  • Goofy (replacing Luigi);
  • Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (replacing Peach);
  • Scrooge McDuck (replacing Link);
  • Minnie Mouse (replacing Rosalina);
  • Daisy Duck (replacing Ninja Bomberman);
  • Darkwing Duck (replacing Mega Man).
The project isn't going as fast as I wanted because of normal real-life issues, but especially due to the fact that I'm working alone. So, I wanted to ask you if you would like to help me with the level design, but most importantly with the sprites since I'm not good at it and I don't have much time.

Screenshots:
[Image: SeQjlCi.png]

Download Link for the Demo (SMBX2 required): https://mega.nz/#!9cIgBIaA!rHOmNyVXHNdE9NMtOmM_INNZU4mscw5OG7QCz_RJBck

RE: "Mickey Mouse Works: The Platformer" - A SMBX episode (Spriter Wanted!) - Guscraft 808 Beta 2.0 - 02-21-2019

not mario releated Disagree

RE: "Mickey Mouse Works: The Platformer" - A SMBX episode (Spriter Wanted!) - Evil Yoshi Toes - 02-21-2019

(02-21-2019, 07:00 PM)Guscraft 808 Beta 2.0 Wrote: not mario releated Disagree

On the forums people can share projects that are not Mario related. 

This is a really fun idea. I hope you are able to get help on your project.

RE: "Mickey Mouse Works: The Platformer" - A SMBX episode (Spriter Wanted!) - ElmerMouseFan34 - 05-10-2019

Hello!
I know it has been a long time since I first posted on this forum.
I've got new updates about my SMBX project.
Firstly, here are the walking animations of Mickey, Goofy and Scrooge;
[Image: ssCV11o.gif]  [Image: gxJtB5a.gif] [Image: 4saMoqR.gif]
Speaking of Ducktales, a 2nd demo featuring "The Moon" level from the Ducktales videogame has been released (but for the MaGLX3 version of SMBX 2.0): Link for the 2nd Demo;
And finally, a new Discord server was created to help with the development of the episode: https://discord.gg/4hYwk2k.
As a Bonus, here are some screenshots for the next demo:
[Image: 6-Boss-Section-1.png]
(Level Coming Soon!)
Credits:
Ducktales 2 Pirates and tileset by Rare
Captain Pete by Fleepa.net (tSR)

[Image: 2019-04-07-23-07-04.png]
Note: The original creators/rippers of the sprites can be found on the Credits.txt file found in the 2nd Demo.

RE: "Mickey Mouse Works: The Platformer" - A SMBX episode (Spriter Wanted!) - VinnyVideo - 05-10-2019

It's always cool to see people take an existing engine and take it in an entirely new direction.

RE: "Mickey Mouse Works: The Platformer" - A SMBX episode (Spriter Wanted!) - ElmerMouseFan34 - 05-11-2019

(05-10-2019, 06:54 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: It's always cool to see people take an existing engine and take it in an entirely new direction.

Geeh, thank you!
I've been working hard on this project. And I did all by myself, but I need help. So, of there's anyone interested, please send me a PM.

RE: "Mickey Mouse Works: The Platformer" - A SMBX episode (Spriter Wanted!) - Eureka - 05-13-2019

I like how you're using Mickey Mouse characters instead of Mario characters

RE: "Mickey Mouse Works: The Platformer" - A SMBX episode (Spriter Wanted!) - ElmerMouseFan34 - 05-13-2019

(05-13-2019, 03:13 PM)Eureka Wrote: I like how you're using Mickey Mouse characters instead of Mario characters

Thank you.
I actually chose the characters wisely to match their abilities:
  • Mickey is the neutral character (like Mario);
  • Goofy is the tallest and has low friction to emulate with goofiness (so, Luigi was the closest);
  • Oswald can use his propeller ears (much like Peach's hover);
  • Scrooge uses his cane to attack (similar to Link in Zelda II);
  • Darkwing Duck is the only one who has a gun.
The others don't have a real reason but the abilities aren't that bad. Even better, it makes every character unique (just like SMBX2 does with the default characters).

RE: "Mickey Mouse Works: The Platformer" - A SMBX episode (Spriter Wanted!) - ElmerMouseFan34 - 06-02-2019

It's time for an update.
The 3rd demo was almost ready for release, but it had to be delayed (you might understand why during the release day).
In the meantime, here are some Donald Duck sprites that will be used in place of Toad (unless Donald replaces Wario and Daisy replaces Toad I still need to think; That has been the new objective).
Normal (or super form): [Image: X718A14.gif]
Fire: [Image: 01ms9x6.gif]
Hammer (based on Donalds appearence from the comics): [Image: EUidNoT.gif]
Ice (based on Donald's early cartoons): [Image: r3Lojaf.gif]

That's all for now! See ya real soon!  Wink

RE: "Mickey Mouse Works: The Platformer" - A SMBX episode (Spriter Wanted!) - ElmerMouseFan34 - 06-22-2019

So, I will be hosting 2 new contests on my Discord server (https://discord.gg/4hYwk2k):
- One contest is a fan-art contest. You can make a 2D drawing or 3D render according to the theme. The only rule is that at least one character of the game's cast has to appear.
- The other one will be an SMBX Level contest. Make your own level based on the given theme. Just don't make it based around glitches and bugs. Use only the NPCs that are 100% functional (in other words, it has to be compatible with the MaGLX3 version of SMBX2); The winning levels will have a chance to be featured on the episode.
The contests will start today and you have 15 days for the deadline (that is, if you are really interested; you don't have to).
Good luck!

RE: "Mickey Mouse Works: The Platformer" - A SMBX episode (Spriter Wanted!) - ElmerMouseFan34 - 08-09-2019

I'm happy to announce that the third demo is almost done.
Stay tuned...
[Image: dddnpm7-874cef1c-dfe5-47a0-b54e-f6434c8d...ZwlX6kKJnA]
All characters present on the poster belong to Disney, except Sora, who belongs to Disney/Square Enix.
Sprites made/ripped by maxime-richardstudio from dA (Phantom Blot), volo from tsR (KH3 Sora), Fleepa.net from tsR (Pete), Perseus from tsR (Donald), Ploaj (Scrooge) and Landsverk96 from dA (all others).

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.