MFGG Forums
November 2018 Game of the Month - Super Mario and the Ancient Bells - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: News and Events (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: November 2018 Game of the Month - Super Mario and the Ancient Bells (/showthread.php?tid=1579)

November 2018 Game of the Month - Super Mario and the Ancient Bells - VinnyVideo - 01-07-2019

Super Mario and the Sacred Bells
by Firestyle

[Image: GOTM_Banner_2018-11.png]

[Image: SacredBells_GOTM.PNG]

We've decided to ring in the new year with some very special bells! Super Mario and the Sacred Bells is the second of our community-nominated GOTM awards. This game was released at the beginning of 2010, and while certain aspects of the game are showing their age, the game remains one of the most popular and influential fangames on MFGG. In this game, the Mushroom Kingdom has been attacked by Bowser once again, and the only way to dispel the Koopa King's dark magic is by ringing seven sacred bells - hence the name - that are scattered across the Mushroom Worlds. Not surprisingly, ringing all these bells is going to require Mario to travel far and wide, and there might be some powerful foes who disagree with Mario's plan! Super Mario and the Sacred Bells boasts eight worlds with 27 levels and and nine bosses. It's one of the larger Mario fangames out there, and it's especially impressive to see nine highly original boss battles - those are always challenging to do right! Having three playable characters, as well as Yoshi, is a nice bonus. This game is no cakewalk - even the first world has a boss that could easily give you a Game Over, so don't forget to save regularly.

Sacred Bells was released during a time when GOTM topics were on hiatus. However, the spiritual successor to Sacred Bells, Super Mario Pearls of Wisdom, won a Game of the Month in February 2011. If you like Sacred Bells, I highly recommend checking out Pearls of Wisdom - it's good stuff.

Once again, thanks @Q-Nova for helping with the banner.

RE: ---November 2018 Game of the Month - Super Mario and the Ancient Bells - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 01-10-2019

looks lit, thanks for the recommendation vinny my man

RE: November 2018 Game of the Month - Super Mario and the Ancient Bells - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-11-2019

I played this game in middle school. Its a great fan game!

RE: November 2018 Game of the Month - Super Mario and the Ancient Bells - Daisy - 01-11-2019

The game kicks ass so far! Other Big Brin

RE: November 2018 Game of the Month - Super Mario and the Ancient Bells - Daisy - 01-13-2019

Now this might not be relevant to bring up anymore but is there going to be a December 2018 GOTM?

RE: November 2018 Game of the Month - Super Mario and the Ancient Bells - VinnyVideo - 01-13-2019

@Jackninja5 We're working on getting current with our GOTM awards, so I'll post the December GOTM within the next week or so. The next one will go to a recently-released game rather than one nominated by the community.

RE: November 2018 Game of the Month - Super Mario and the Ancient Bells - Gato - 01-13-2019

Just by the presentation I am amused. I will be sure to try this game out as soon as I can.

RE: November 2018 Game of the Month - Super Mario and the Ancient Bells - Q-Nova - 01-13-2019

While I haven't played it for a while, Super Mario and the Sacred Bells is a great fangame that has quite a lot of charm and I have some very fond memories of it. It also gave me quite some inspiration. I'd say the same words to Kirby Invaders from the Dark and Super Mario Pearls of Wisdom, two fangames that are also made by Firestyle, as well. I remember fighting and studying the bosses in those games while trying to get ideas for boss attacks in my Battle in the Future game. Smile

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.