MFGG Forums
Should Link keep the Blue outfit? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Should Link keep the Blue outfit? (/showthread.php?tid=1580)

Should Link keep the Blue outfit? - Neweegee - 01-08-2019

Hey Zelda Fan Games Galaxy! Breath of the Wild rocked, didn't it?
Apparently it rocked so much that Nintendo says all future Zeldas are gonna be a lot like it!
...Not a super big surprise, though; Ocarina of Time did the same thing to the series.

But one thing I'm not sure about the future of is Link's design.
Breath of the Wild changed so much about Link's look, and it was cool seeing Nintendo do something so bold after all these years, but at the same time, I started to miss the green tunic...

Any speculation aside... Would you want Link to stay in blue without the floppy hat from now on?
Like how other Zelda games changed Link's look, but always kept the Green Tunic and Hat.

Or would you rather have Link go back to Green for the next Zelda?

OR should Link get an entirely new look every installment, with Breath of the Wild being the game to start the trend?

Also, JUST in case you're suffering from amnesia...

RE: Should Link keep the Blue outfit? - Mario - 01-08-2019

I honestly don't care too much for either design, it'd be cool if they played around with it for every game.

RE: Should Link keep the Blue outfit? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-08-2019

I'd rather they go back to the green outfit, but maybe have more drastic changes made to it with each game rather than the minor tweaks they were making from game to game before. I just want him to keep the pointy hat because it's become very iconic and it felt weird to not have it in breath of the wild. 

I really don't care for the breath of the wild design at all though so if I had to pick between the two I'd say go back to the green outfit. It's a lot more unique and keeps him form looking like a generic fairy tale hero.

RE: Should Link keep the Blue outfit? - VinnyVideo - 01-08-2019

I'm not a fan of the blue outfit as his main look - that's comparable to Nintendo saying that Mario's main outfit should be a doctor or a cowboy!

On the other hand, I like the way a lot of Zelda games have handled this, with Link starting the game wearing the "regular clothes" of his culture and eventually changing into his trademark tunic.

RE: Should Link keep the Blue outfit? - Syaxamaphone - 01-08-2019

Letting link dress up in funny outfits should just be the standard now.

RE: Should Link keep the Blue outfit? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-09-2019

(01-08-2019, 09:41 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: I'm not a fan of the blue outfit as his main look - that's comparable to Nintendo saying that Mario's main outfit should be a doctor or a cowboy!

On the other hand, I like the way a lot of Zelda games have handled this, with Link starting the game wearing the "regular clothes" of his culture and eventually changing into his trademark tunic.

It would be interesting to see the green tunic and hat be adapted to the culture Link lives in in each new game. Like if we had another tropical/pirate themed game like Wind Waker, his tunic could look more pirate-like while still being recognizable as the iconic Link look with the green and some sort of pointy hat.

RE: Should Link keep the Blue outfit? - HylianDev - 01-09-2019

Personally my favorite tunic has always been the green one with brown leggings. I'm not super attached to any other looks anymore.

I also think it would be cool if they played with it every game.

RE: Should Link keep the Blue outfit? - Daisy - 01-10-2019

Personally I'm just too used to the green outfit and I'm not too fond of change to be honest. It's really more of a personal reason though.

RE: Should Link keep the Blue outfit? - Hungry San - 01-15-2019

I don't know to be honest, but the blue cloth looks good on the green environments from a plain player's perspective, it helps to separate the avatar from the surroundings.

I like the red cloth however, yet the Peter Pan color is fine fashion in itself.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.