MFGG Forums
Ah... Kmart - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Palace for Posting with No Point (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Ah... Kmart (/showthread.php?tid=1588)

Ah... Kmart - СМБХфан - 01-13-2019

Remember when you last walked into your local store? Good times.

Remember when your local pharmacy, photo booth, or Little Caesars at that store closed down? Good times.

Remember when Eddie Lampert was a business genius, and instead of focusing on Kmart, bought Sears? Good times.

Remember the pharmacy pickup and the childhood memories. Good times.

Press F in the chat. 

[Image: abandoned-kmart-0-960x615.jpg][Image: closed_sears_store_1050x700.jpg][Image: 14838475668_4535c13e2a_b.jpg]

RE: Ah... Kmart - Daisy - 01-13-2019

I remember Kmart. Hadn't been there since I was a kid.

RE: Ah... Kmart - VinnyVideo - 01-13-2019

F

I remember when Kmarts were ubiquitous. Now, empty buildings that resemble the first photo are a common sight. I guess I haven't been to a Kmart since I was 14 or so.

RE: Ah... Kmart - Clobbah - 01-13-2019

Tbh I mostly stopped caring when they got rid of video games. Ours closed only a year ago.

Still, I wish they were still open since that was pretty much the only place to get anything not grocery related.

RE: Ah... Kmart - HylianDev - 01-14-2019

My city's last Kmart closed in 2017, I believe the one near my house was it.

They had stopped selling video games years beforehand, which I thought was odd.

RE: Ah... Kmart - Hungry San - 01-14-2019

I'm sad to see a bit of american culture go away. Do you think there's something to take its place kind of?

RE: Ah... Kmart - СМБХфан - 01-15-2019

(01-14-2019, 10:55 PM)Hungry San Wrote: I'm sad to see a bit of american culture go away. Do you think there's something to take its place kind of?
Walmart and Amazon. 'nough said.

RE: Ah... Kmart - VinnyVideo - 01-15-2019

(01-14-2019, 10:55 PM)Hungry San Wrote: I'm sad to see a bit of american culture go away. Do you think there's something to take its place kind of?

That's the biggest problem that Kmart had - they never could figure out what they were best at doing. Other stores have done a better job establishing a niche. I'd say Target and Walmart are Kmart's closest competitors, although various grocery stores, dollar stores, and department stores do a lot of the same things that Kmart tried to do. Amazon and other e-commerce sites have had a big effect, too.

This article is also relevant. Plus, it gives me an exceedingly rare opportunity to quote the Harvard Business Review in SJG.

RE: Ah... Kmart - Hungry San - 01-18-2019

So Walmart copied the concept of Kmart and made it cheaper better. I guess Kmart had some local stores and good locations could've saved them but people tend to shop online now. I like local stores though where i could buy games by hand that was a good time.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.