MFGG Forums
MFGG Competition Logo Contest - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: News and Events (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: MFGG Competition Logo Contest (/showthread.php?tid=1602)

MFGG Competition Logo Contest - VinnyVideo - 01-21-2019

In recent weeks, there's been some great discussion about ways to stimulate interest in MFGG competitions. One idea we had was making an official logo or banner for each competition type. @Thunderbro suggested making a competition just for logos/banners - and we agreed that was an awesome idea!

What We Need
In this competition, we're looking for logos or banners to help promote our competitions. For example, we might use them in competition topics and on our social media platforms. Our biggest need is banners for our four main competitions:
  • Minigame Competitions/Game Jams: Participants develop a small game within a short timeframe.
  • Sprite Competitions/Pixel Art Competitions: Participants make sprites/pixel art based on a certain theme.
  • Music Competitions: Participants compose music, especially the kind of music that could be used in a game.
  • Drawing Competitions: Participants produce original artwork using the medium of their choice, typically with a theme pertaining to video games.

Extra credit if you make assets for two other competitions we don't do as often:
  • Super Competitions: A combination of Minigame, Sprite, and Music Competitions - participants create a short game using graphical resources they made themselves and an original musical composition.
  • Gaming Tournaments: An event where MFGGers compete in a video game tournament (such as Smash Bros.), and the winner receives a badge.

The Prize
The winner will get a shiny (and rare) Special Competition Winner badge, a big shoutout on our mainsite updates and our Twitter, and the satisfaction of helping spruce up our competitions!

Voting
We'll use the same voting format used in other competitions - the winner will be voted on by the MFGG community in this topic. If we get more than 6-7 entries, we might do a Top Five voting first.

Deadline
Be sure to submit your entry by the end of February 4, 2019. If you're not done by then, submit a draft of whatever you've got.

Other Considerations
  • We're flexible about image size, but your submissions should be at least 400 pixels wide and at least 200 pixels tall. Bigger is better - it's always easier for us to shrink an oversized image than it is to scale up a small image.
  • Most themes for modern competitions are not Mario-centric - we'd accept entries for indie games or non-Mario fangames. But since MFGG is a Mario fangaming site, it's good if your logo submissions have something to do with Mario or MFGG (for example, the Music Competition logo might incorporate a Note Block or a Super Mario Bros. 3 Music Box).
  • It's OK for multiple members to collaborate on an entry - I'm willing to award badges to a maximum of two people if they contributed equal effort to the winning entry.
  • Be sure to keep the source files you used while making these banners - we might ask the winner to make small modifications or expansions. For example, we've discussed splitting up Sprite/Pixel Art Comps and Minigame Comps/Game Jams (more on that later), and in the future we might want to make separate banners for those. Someday we might also make some theme-specific banners or require changes to make the banners display properly on social media.

If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to let me know!

RE: MFGG Competition Logo Contest - Daisy - 01-21-2019

Good luck, guys. I can't wait to see the entrants. Smile

RE: MFGG Competition Logo Contest - Q-Nova - 01-28-2019

Is anyone making something for this? I think this would get more attention if it was moved to News & Events and featured on the announcements bar found in the index page.

RE: MFGG Competition Logo Contest - Thunderbro - 01-28-2019

Right, I saw this thread when it was first made, but I forgot this was actually running.

RE: MFGG Competition Logo Contest - OssieTheOstrich - 02-02-2019

I agree with Q-Nova, this should be promoted more. it should be promoted on the MFGG Twitter, YouTube, and Discord. A few contests that were posted never gained traction due to lack of promotion, and no one wants to see a comp with be wasted.

RE: MFGG Competition Logo Contest - Gate - 02-02-2019

I guess it is worth a try

MINIGAME COMPETITION
[Image: PRqswPv.png]

SPRITE COMPETITION
[Image: brZ8rRs.png]

MUSIC COMPETITION
[Image: IovMyJk.png]

DRAWING COMPETITION
[Image: ZpRJYbL.png]

RE: MFGG Competition Logo Contest - Honey Saucer Gengar - 02-03-2019

In hope they’re not Paper Mario-realted.

RE: MFGG Competition Logo Contest - Thunderbro - 02-04-2019

Looks like today is the deadline.

RE: MFGG Competition Logo Contest - VinnyVideo - 02-04-2019

Thanks @Gatete - these are cool!

If you've got any last-minute ideas, be sure to share them as soon as possible!

RE: MFGG Competition Logo Contest - Q-Nova - 02-08-2019

So, does anyone else have any ideas, or are we gonna end up using Gatete's design? This is a really cool contest that has potential to be really big, and I'd hate to see it get very little interest in the end.

RE: MFGG Competition Logo Contest - VinnyVideo - 02-09-2019

@Q-Nova It would've been nice to get more entries, but it looks like @Gatete wins by default.

RE: MFGG Competition Logo Contest - Gate - 02-12-2019

Shouldn't I get a badge?

RE: MFGG Competition Logo Contest - AquaTheYoshi - 02-12-2019

i'd do an entry if i didn't suck so much at drawing lol

RE: MFGG Competition Logo Contest - VinnyVideo - 02-12-2019

@Gatete You totally need a badge for this! You should have one now. Thanks for participating in this - I appreciate it muchly!

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.