MFGG Forums
My Mayflash GCN adapter came in the mail today! - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: My Mayflash GCN adapter came in the mail today! (/showthread.php?tid=1605)

My Mayflash GCN adapter came in the mail today! - VinnyVideo - 01-24-2019

I'd been wanting a GameCube adapter for a little while, and a certain person named @Yoshin convinced me to order one! I think I'll enjoy this.

Tell me cool things to do with it. (Maybe I can get it to play nice with my own games, too.)

RE: My Mayflash GCN adapter came in the mail today! - Nite Shadow - 01-24-2019

I bet you will have a lot of fun with that thing.

RE: My Mayflash GCN adapter came in the mail today! - VinnyVideo - 01-24-2019

(01-24-2019, 09:10 PM)Nite Shadow Wrote: I bet you will have a lot of fun with that thing.
Much fun will be had!

I should also give a shoutout to @Dustinvgmaster for his role in this purchase - after all, last year he made a big push to help keep Diddy safe.

[Image: latest?cb=20121123154233]

(I did a DK64 stream and learned the hard way that this tower cannot be climbed with arrow keys!)

RE: My Mayflash GCN adapter came in the mail today! - Q-Nova - 01-24-2019

Nice! I found the GameCube controller to be a rather nice one to use; I really like its design. I'm sure you'll have quite some fun with using that controller with other platforms!

RE: My Mayflash GCN adapter came in the mail today! - Daisy - 01-24-2019

I envy you. I wanna get a GameCube adapter too. :c

RE: My Mayflash GCN adapter came in the mail today! - Thunderbro - 01-25-2019

It's pretty nice. I used it for Smash on both Wii U and Switch and to play games in my Dolphin collection.

RE: My Mayflash GCN adapter came in the mail today! - HylianDev - 01-25-2019

I can't believe I missed the stream where VinnyVideo raised $300k for trans rights Sad

Congrats on the controller, though. And remember, that tower can't be competently climbed with any form of directional control

RE: My Mayflash GCN adapter came in the mail today! - Hungry San - 01-25-2019

You guys are better than me at DK64 it's such a strange game for me, i think i haven't found any actual level yet because i climbed around on an island hub for hours. I guess i have an empty slot for mental capacity.

RE: My Mayflash GCN adapter came in the mail today! - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-25-2019

I have one and I like it. The only issue I have with it is that the plugs come out of the ports really easily, so I have to be very delicate with it. I got mine when Smash for Wii U came out though, so maybe that has been fixed with newer models. I use mine now to play emulated GC games and to play smash on switch and it works very well.

RE: My Mayflash GCN adapter came in the mail today! - Yoshin - 01-25-2019

(01-25-2019, 12:29 PM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: I have one and I like it. The only issue I have with it is that the plugs come out of the ports really easily, so I have to be very delicate with it. I got mine when Smash for Wii U came out though, so maybe that has been fixed with newer models. I use mine now to play emulated GC games and to play smash on switch and it works very well.

Yeah its been fixed, I've had angry smash players throw mine across a room and the controllers stayed in.

RE: My Mayflash GCN adapter came in the mail today! - Retriever II - 01-26-2019

I got an adapter a year ago for Dolphin.  Was kind of thrilled that it just worked with the switch for Smash.

RE: My Mayflash GCN adapter came in the mail today! - VinnyVideo - 01-26-2019

@HylianDev The Frantic Factory toy tower is definitely one of the clunkier parts of DK64! It took quite a few attempts when I played on a real Nintendo 64, too.

@Hungry San Try swimming across to the dome-shaped island. Go inside and you'll be able to unlock the first level.

@Evil Yoshi Toes I'm always very careful with my games and peripherals, but I'll keep that in mind.

RE: My Mayflash GCN adapter came in the mail today! - Shadow Administrator Drei - 01-31-2019

I love my Mayflash. I use it to play most platformers on my PC, it worked great on the Wii U, and now I Smash with it.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.