MFGG Forums
If you could change something special in game - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: If you could change something special in game (/showthread.php?tid=1607)

If you could change something special in game - Hungry San - 01-26-2019

Is there a fan game that you like, where you'd really like to have one thing or feature changed in it, what would that be?

RE: If you could change something special in game - VinnyVideo - 01-26-2019

I'd love to see some awesome fangame demos get completed! Does that count?

RE: If you could change something special in game - Thunderbro - 01-26-2019

(01-26-2019, 08:02 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: I'd love to see some awesome fangame demos get completed! Does that count?

I don't know, that kind of seems like a lot more than just one thing.

RE: If you could change something special in game - Hungry San - 01-27-2019

(01-26-2019, 08:02 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: I'd love to see some awesome fangame demos get completed!
I think i'd like for example Mario Roots*, Super Mario Broz Lost 2, Super Gangster Bros, Yoshi's Tertian Terror. But i probably wish for too much, it's big stuff!

* If i remember it right the best demo was somewhere else.

RE: If you could change something special in game - Yakibomb - 01-27-2019

Oh man, I remember Mario Roots. That game looked so polished and fun. I was amazed!

If I could change anything in one fangame... Probably being able to beat the Dastardly Duo in Super Mario Adventure*! 10 hits+ trying hit a bouncing ball movement Fry Guy who shoots fire at you in random directions, and to hit him you need to drop a well placed RANDOMIZED Shy Guy that appears off screen randomly. It was a nightmare.

I wish it wasn't a nightmare.

*This game: https://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=299

RE: If you could change something special in game - Daisy - 01-27-2019

Probably improve the dodge ability in Paper Mario GSO.

RE: If you could change something special in game - Mariotroid - 01-27-2019

A fangame I really like is Super Mario Holidays. I wish that was completed to make a change...

RE: If you could change something special in game - Hungry San - 02-20-2019

When loading Mushroom Kingdom Fusion, it needs a PC with 1.3 gigabyte of RAM, it's just a technical issue with the loading screen. Great fun game otherwise! And i'd really like to play it on my cheaper laptop, as the game play only uses 50 megs.

(01-27-2019, 03:33 PM)Yakibomb Wrote: Probably being able to beat the Dastardly Duo in Super Mario Adventure*! 10 hits+ trying hit a bouncing ball movement Fry Guy who shoots fire at you in random directions, and to hit him you need to drop a well placed RANDOMIZED Shy Guy that appears off screen randomly. It was a nightmare.

I wish it wasn't a nightmare.

I have to admit i was totally smashed by Luigi with a cape, so i didn't get far. There was something with difficulty in Super Mario Bros. DDX but i don't remember exactly what now, yet i had a lot of fun playing, and it's extremely optimized with music, loading etc, compared to Mushroom Kingdom Fusion.

RE: If you could change something special in game - Q-Nova - 02-22-2019

I'd always love to see more creativity in fangames! There's nothing wrong with polished fangames that have your usual Mario stuff, but it's nice when fangames think outside of the box, like Yoshi vs. Windows and The Purple Coin. I'd also like to see people apply personal touches to their fangames, even if it's something as simple as like using your favorite metal song for the epic Bowser fight or your favorite Thwomp design rather than using the most recent one for the sake of recency. That's one of the things that made me enjoy some fangames, such as Firestyle's.

Also, what @VinnyVideo said.

RE: If you could change something special in game - Evil Yoshi Toes - 02-22-2019

@Q-Nova Agreed! I love it when fan games look like all the things that particular fan likes rather than attempting to look like a mainstream Mario game - though there is nothing wrong with those fan games either, they just aren't my preference. I know if I were ever to include King Boo in a fan game he'd look like he does in Mario Sunshine because, even though people hate it, I love that design.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.