MFGG Forums
Introductions - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Introductions (/showthread.php?tid=161)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Introductions - GeneralGuy - 11-16-2019

(11-15-2019, 08:03 PM)kremling Wrote: Hello everyone, I haven't been here in a while! Hope everyone has been well.
Hey kremling!  Soveryhappy

RE: Introductions - VinnyVideo - 11-16-2019

@kremling Hey! It's been so long since I've heard from you! You were always a cool guy, and it's nice to see you back.

RE: Introductions - kremling - 11-16-2019

@floppingcheepcheep thanks!
@GeneralGuy What's up!
@VinnyVideo Thanks, and it's good to see you're still here  Mario Thumbs Up

RE: Introductions - Q-Nova - 11-22-2019

@Sarissa87 Welcome to MFGG! It's great to hear that you've been playing some of our games! Of all the ones you've played, what are your favorites? Just curious.

@kremling Oh, hi there! It's great to see you return! I remember that song you made for the first Music Kompetition of 2015! You've made some kool stuff here!

RE: Introductions - LycanSeijin - 12-10-2019

Hey, how's it goin'? You can just call me Lycan. 'Been a fan of this website for a long while now, but only just got around to becoming a member. I could be wrong, but my gut tells me I might be one of the oldest people around here. 

My love for the Mario Bros. began at the tail end of the 1980's, when I was just barely 2 years old. My cousins had an NES with Super Mario Duck Hunt which I loved playing, and the Super Mario Bros. Super Show had begun airing. During the early to mid 90's, I had been suckered into buying a Sega Genesis rather than an SNES, but that proved to be merely a temporary setback. I'd reconnected with Mario & Luigi and their mushroom world by the turn of the millennium and I haven't let go of them since. Er, so to speak.

While I have no qualms with Charles Martinet, and his voice acting is most certainly endearing, my preferred voices for the Mario Brothers will likely always be Captain Lou Albano and Danny Wells. Perhaps it's nostalgic bias, but I always preferred them as down home Brooklyn boys rather than fresh off the boat 1st generation immigrants.

As you may have read in my first official graphics upload, I am an unironic fan of Toad. Something that I'm sure will earn me no shortage of teasing. What is it I like so much about the character? Well, for starters, he's a pint sized mushroom man. It's delightful! I couldn't help but be drawn to playing him in SMB2! Not to mention Princess Peach for her handy floating ability. The second part is his attitude. Or at least the one I was exposed to growing up via the DiC cartoons. He's a wise cracking, no guff taking tough guy. But he also has an endearing childish side to him.

A very close runner up for my favorite character would definitely be Yoshi. Specifically the green one. Need I say more?

Well, that's about all the detail I can go into without giving you my autobiography. Which wouldn't be all that interesting anyhow. I realize this is a family friendly forum and will do my very best in filtering myself and contain my temper. I hope to make friends out of many of you while I'm here. Big Grin

RE: Introductions - VinnyVideo - 12-11-2019

@LycanSeijin Welcome to MFGG! I hope you enjoy your stay here. I have a soft spot in my heart for the old-school "Brooklyn bros" depictions of Mario and Luigi, too.

RE: Introductions - LycanSeijin - 12-11-2019

@VinnyVideo ^w^ That's wonderful to hear, Vinny. Thanks for the warm welcome.

RE: Introductions - GamerInGeorgia - 12-11-2019

Welcome to MFGG, @LycanSeijin!

RE: Introductions - computerfan0 - 12-30-2019

Hi, I'm computerfan0. Just some random kid who likes Nintendo games.

RE: Introductions - Evan.F - 12-30-2019

(12-30-2019, 11:53 AM)computerfan0 Wrote: Hi, I'm computerfan0. Just some random kid who likes Nintendo games.

On this website, who isn't

RE: Introductions - TRICKSTERhat - 02-07-2020

Yo, it's been a while wasn't it? You may have seen a user named "zEn" in this same thread or some others while in 2018, if so, that is me.
I ended up leaving this account unused (even though I have been a little active in Discord.) for a long while so why not come back to the forums? A lot of stuff has happened while I wasn't active and 2019 was sure a ride. After a long burnt out process I'm back into making stuff related to videogames and checking how to use Godot Engine, I hope to be more active this time!

RE: Introductions - GeneralGuy - 02-08-2020

Welcome to MFGG! Looking forward to seeing what games you make.

RE: Introductions - mrpin355 - 02-21-2020

Hello, I'm new here!

Except I'm not and went on an unintentional one year hiatus.

RE: Introductions - Zae Eildus - 03-02-2020

Hmm, couldn't find any evidence of my account or what email I used.  So just made an account. Thinking

Regardless, I like to check back here every now and then to see what people are up to in the fangaming scene, since there is always some nice projects going on. Sorry for being really inconsistent in the boards though, but we'll see what I can do about it. So, how's it going all of you? It's been awhile so I'm certainly gonna check out some stuff.

Oh yeah, kind of an older member, and I pop in occasionally because of that, well that and the projects ive played over the years, have gone by like Zae and razor-blade and the like.

RE: Introductions - GeneralGuy - 03-02-2020

Hey Zae! Welcome back! We switched to the new MyBB forum software years ago, so everyone had to re-register. Yeah, there are a lot of really cool Mario fan games that have come out recently, and a lot that will be released in the near future.

RE: Introductions - Zae Eildus - 03-02-2020

Ah okay, that makes sense then. Thanks for the info, General.

RE: Introductions - VinnyVideo - 03-03-2020

@Zae Eildus Howdy howdy. Welcome back to MFGG - it's good to see you back!

RE: Introductions - Hairball - 04-14-2020

Hey hey, I'm new here, some of you might recognize me from SM128C from ages ago, just thought I'd see how things are going in various Mario fan communities.

RE: Introductions - Evan.F - 04-14-2020

(04-14-2020, 01:00 PM)Hairball Wrote: Hey hey, I'm new here, some of you might recognize me from SM128C from ages ago, just thought I'd see how things are going in various Mario fan communities.
Hello. I do sprite thingys and Mari0 stuff.

RE: Introductions - GeneralGuy - 04-14-2020

(04-14-2020, 01:00 PM)Hairball Wrote: Hey hey, I'm new here, some of you might recognize me from SM128C from ages ago, just thought I'd see how things are going in various Mario fan communities.
Hey, welcome back.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.