MFGG Forums
Introductions - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Introductions (/showthread.php?tid=161)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Introductions - VinnyVideo - 12-14-2017

What's up, @Dock? It's nice to see some new folks around these parts! Be sure to play Syx's games, because they're pretty cool! Don't forget to check out other people's cool stuff, too.

@Hiro-sofT Nice to see you again! I love the way your game is looking. I can definitely relate to the time issue - real-life stuff like working and finishing up my master's degree has often limited my time and motivation to work on creative things.

@Mariotroid Welcome back! I'd love to see a Mario Movie fangame. Whether it's a parody or a tribute, it could be a lot of fun.

RE: Introductions - Snessy the duck - 12-22-2017

Heya there! I'm Snessy the duck, a name which some of you may recognize from the SMBX, tVGR and Mega Man Maker forums, as well as the MFGG Mainsite. I've been a big fan of Mario for a long time (In fact, NSMB was the first game I ever player iirc) as well as Nintendo in general. I've also been enjoying a lot of fangames over the years, most notably SMBX, though I don't really have any experience in making them. Hope I'll be able to have a good time on here!

With that said, I don't really have anything else to say, so I'll just end this with soveryhappy because why not Soveryhappy

RE: Introductions - Amine Retro - 12-22-2017

(12-22-2017, 08:53 AM)Snessy the duck Wrote: Heya there! I'm Snessy the duck, a name which some of you may recognize from the SMBX, tVGR and Mega Man Maker forums, as well as the MFGG Mainsite. I've been a big fan of Mario for a long time (In fact, NSMB was the first game I ever player iirc) as well as Nintendo in general. I've also been enjoying a lot of fangames over the years, most notably SMBX, though I don't really have any experience in making them. Hope I'll be able to have a good time on here!

With that said, I don't really have anything else to say, so I'll just end this with soveryhappy because why not Soveryhappy

Nice to see you around here, Snessy!  Smile

RE: Introductions - Snessy the duck - 12-23-2017

(12-22-2017, 04:48 PM)Amine Retro Wrote:
(12-22-2017, 08:53 AM)Snessy the duck Wrote: Heya there! I'm Snessy the duck, a name which some of you may recognize from the SMBX, tVGR and Mega Man Maker forums, as well as the MFGG Mainsite. I've been a big fan of Mario for a long time (In fact, NSMB was the first game I ever player iirc) as well as Nintendo in general. I've also been enjoying a lot of fangames over the years, most notably SMBX, though I don't really have any experience in making them. Hope I'll be able to have a good time on here!

Nice to see you around here, Snessy!  Smile

Nice to see you too!

RE: Introductions - Pixelated Luigi - 12-23-2017

Hi there, Im Pixelated Luigi! Im fairly new! like fresh out of the oven.

RE: Introductions - FieryExplosion - 12-23-2017

I'm back! It's been a while since I've posted anything on the forums, but what the heck I'm still here (and occasionally posting Mario sprites).

While I don't expect to do a lot of posting, I'll still be lurking around every now and then. And you can always expect some good Mario-related HUDs to pop up on the main site!

RE: Introductions - sc00pj0hn - 12-30-2017

You may know me as awesomeface from the old MFGG forums and the main site, yes, that guy who did the pejorative ""Miraculous"" Boss Battle series. It's been 6 (or perhaps 7) years since i made these games in two weeks just to grow my ego over the people who scolded on me, and relooking on it many times was a honorable mention that it was my biggest error in existence. I never had admin privilieges despite my claim that i can "ban" people who criticized my low-effort fangame. It was a bad experience since i was a total dumb to make Game Maker games. Disagree I only knew drag and drop stuff and never learned GML for many years since i started using it. Yes, i used Game Maker for 9 years until now, except the first 7 years was a scarse use of it. Later on, in 2013, i began using Multimedia Fusion 2 (which then became Fusion 2.5) and i did improve greatly on making games but not on the best quality, notably for its unique eventing system. Other Big Brin

Back in the days i got into the Waligie territory, Clickteam Fusion was my best friend in existence and i hated on Game Maker for its programming language. In 2015, in the days when Five Nights at Freddy's released and the rise of an quintessential amount of low-quality fangames spawned on GameJolt, my relation on Clickteam Fusion 2.5 has drastically decreased, which my absence on using the tool became way way greater than i expected, then in late 2016, i finally began moving on Game Maker in with a great triumph: i began using WreckingPrograms' Mega Engine and finally started experiencing the use of GML. Laughing I've did simple things with the Mega Engine, thus declaring that i can finally understand GML, but that doesn't mean that i can quickly learn complicated stuff...!! At this moment on, i learned things about Fusion 2.5 which has made me face against the engine for its clunky bugs, due to the fact i've made a SHMUP including a very basic INI save system that somehow caused the game to not load save files correctly. That is why Game Maker has become comfortable for me. Laughing

Regards to my previous instance, I have to admit i REALLY hate my old username i used in the main site. It was of a meme back in the 2000s (and it is still used in certain cases in the world of ROBLOX) which symbolized the dark days of my life. Noticing this forum has got a huge change, i am proud to register here with my new username so that the old skin of awesomeface is dragged away into darkness. 

Here i come, MFGG!!  Soveryhappy

RE: Introductions - Jeorge535 - 01-03-2018

Good evening!

I'm not exactly new here (I've been a member of the main site for 10 years and a member of the forums for about 4 and a half years) but I don't think anyone really knows me so I thought I'd introduce myself in this thread. I'm 21 years old and from the United Kingdom. I worked with Game Maker from 2008 to 2009 and then again from 2012 to 2017. I've attempted many projects but never really finished any. Laughing
I also hacked SMW2: Yoshi's Island between 2009 and 2012 Made 3 worlds of a hack but gave up due to lack of time and motivation.
My favourite Mario games are Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 and Super Mario Sunshine.

I'd like to be more involved with the community. I've been inactive for most of the past because no-one really knew me.

RE: Introductions - VinnyVideo - 01-03-2018

@Snessy the duck Welcome! If you'd like to get started making games, there are plenty of people here who will be happy to help you!

@Pixelated Luigi Welcome to MFGG! Gotta appreciate the man in green!

@FieryExplosion Cheers! You are indeed the King of Submitting HUD Graphics on the mainsite!

@sc00pj0hn Welcome back! The Miraculous Boss Battle games weren't quite AAA-quality, but everybody has to start somewhere! It's nice to have some Click users around here.

@Jeorge535 Welcome back! It's good to see you around these parts. I remember you messaging me about Marioy 2 almost a decade ago. Of all my online friends, you're actually the one I've known the longest.

RE: Introductions - Arkenova - 01-12-2018

Hello there everyone, this is Arkenova (aka Arke) back to you since around 2014? 2015?, ah well.  Anyways! I was also someone that had an account on the old forums as well but I'm really diggin' the new forums!  Cool

Another thing: to the new guys popping up on board, hello and welcome to our special little corner of the internet. We're all friends here! Laughing

RE: Introductions - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-13-2018

Welcome back Arkenova

RE: Introductions - VinnyVideo - 01-13-2018

@Arkenova Welcome back! I'm glad you're digging our new digs!

We need to get Q-Nova back so we can assemble the Triforce of Novas (Arkenova, @Hypernova, and Q-Nova) - or else get @OrangeNova to post more often.

RE: Introductions - NathanBros - 01-14-2018

Hello there! How's going?

I used to make an occasional visit on the old forums, mainly in the forum games section, so I stopped procrastinating and made a new profile here.

See ya.

RE: Introductions - DustinVG - 01-14-2018

(01-14-2018, 11:11 PM)NathanBros Wrote: Hello there! How's going?

I used to make an occasional visit on the old forums, mainly in the forum games section, so I stopped procrastinating and made a new profile here.

See ya.

Hey there, welcome to the forums.

RE: Introductions - SonicZetrex - 01-15-2018

Hello, everyone! In case if you don't know me, I'm just the guy who sticks around with MFGG most of the time! But still, I will do my best to actually make my big dream into reality. It does take a long time to do so since I have a hard-time schedule to do so, but I'll manage to make it happen somehow. Nice to meet some of the new people! :3

RE: Introductions - DustinVG - 01-20-2018

@SonicZetrex

Weclome back, good sir

RE: Introductions - Neo Hyper Yoshi - 01-21-2018

I got a mad urge to make an account here and introduce myself to the current generation. Whoops! 

Anyway, some of you will remember me and many of you will not. I was one of the so called ' Golden Era ' members from when the site first started back in 2001. Well, it was a more of shouting box for whiny teenagers to moan about everything and create incredibly cheesy libs full of ( mostly ) useless sprites where half the file size was taken up by a splash screen full of everyone's characters at the end ( called ' furries ' back then - the word means something completely different now!  Big Grin )

Also, we hated SFGHQ back then because we felt they mistreated newbies ( though it more of a case of both sides been immature. ) which led to me creating Anti - SFGHQ, though things eased off as a result afterwards between the two sites. Damn, I was pretty immature back then!

However, life went on, people grew up and things changed. I've drifted away from here because I lost interest in fan game making ( I'll still play one on occasion. ) Personally, I am still trying to figure out who I want to be when I grow up and have done a few computer related courses in recent times. I've become involved with the Irish Fighting Game Community and while I don't play any fighting games seriously anymore - I will still go to events on occassion and have volunteered at Celtic Throwdown ( basically the biggest fighting game event in Ireland ) the last 2 years. I go under the username ' Misty Chaos ' in that community, proving just how bad I am at coming up with non cringey usernames!

Aside from Fighting Games, I'm now active in World of Warcraft ( don't worry, I haven't turned into one of the kids from that South Park episode ) I am also active in certain circles of Twitch as well, more as a viewer than an actual streamer ( though I have dabbed in it. )

These days, I'm more of a PC gamer than console gamer, buying my first laptop that wasn't a cheap piece of crap about a year ago ( yes, I know it would be cheaper and better to actually build a PC but I want portability and didn't have the space for a PC. )

So there we go,a brief intro to who I am and what I've been up to, now back to lurking!

RE: Introductions - VinnyVideo - 01-21-2018

@NathanBros Howdy hi. I like your avatar.

@SonicZetrex Welcome back! Even if you can't work on your game 24/7, you can make good progress if you work a little at a time.

@Neo Hyper Yoshi Nice to see you again! I am still trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. You should probably have a very hyperactive avatar for old times' sake!

RE: Introductions - BMatSantos - 01-28-2018

It's been 84 years

Hello everyone, I was known as BMSaints in the old forums. I was an active member 2 years ago, in the sprites area. But then real life and a "deviation" of interest happened and I just went away. So much has changed since then, now I'm a design student who've just hit maiority, but I'm still the same ol' kid who loves Mario.

You may remember me from some logo fonts I made for SMB3, SMW and SMB1/2; also made a grassland background that surprisingly went places, and my huge tileset packs. I've went into some forum competitions too.

I'm glad to see this community growing and getting even better, and I hope I can help somehow!

RE: Introductions - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-28-2018

I remember you. Hello and welcome back @BMatSantos

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.