MFGG Forums
I'm retiring as admin - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: News and Events (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: I'm retiring as admin (/showthread.php?tid=1631)

Pages: 1 2

I'm retiring as admin - VinnyVideo - 02-06-2019

I've now been an MFGG staff member for more than seven years. That's a long time - practically an eternity in Internet time, an alternate dimension where the flow of time is rapidly accelerated!

My life today looks very different from my life in 2011, and the online world is drastically different as well. I've reached the point where I think it's best for me to step down from my admin position. I think it's the best thing for myself and the best thing for MFGG.

I started a full-time job last year, and while it's going well, my new work responsibilities give me a lot less time to devote to online things. Most of the discussions about MFGG's day-to-day operations happen while I'm either working or sleeping. Likewise, helping with big-picture strategic initiatives also requires a lot of time that I can't commit to anymore. And while I still think MFGG is an awesome little corner of the Internet, I must confess that I don't enjoy the "online world" as much as I once did.

It's been an interesting adventure. Being on MFGG has taught me a lot about games, technology, leadership, and people. It's helped me develop a variety of skills that have played a major role in helping me achieve success in my education and career. During my time on MFGG, I've gotten to enjoy lots of fun games and art, and I've gained a far greater appreciation of the work that goes into making such things. I've been blessed with lots of awesome friends I've met through MFGG, and even the more prickly personalities have been an important learning experience for me. I'm thankful that I got the opportunity to serve in a leadership role for a community that's brought me so many good times over the years, and I hope the good decisions I made as an admin outweighed the not-so-good ones. We've seen so many independent forums close in recent years, but I'm still hopeful that MFGG will remain strong for many years to come.

I'll be stepping down from my admin position on February 8 - I still have a few small things to take care of before I formally pass the torch. I might stay on board as a Tech Admin for a bit longer, but I'll just be doing back-end things - I won't involve myself in moderation or selecting staff. I'll still be checking the forums regularly, but I won't have a red name anymore.

I don't know what future MFGG will look like, but here's wishing all the best for MFGG, as well as the staff and members responsible for guiding MFGG in its new era. Keep making MFGG great.

RE: I'm retiring as admin - Langton - 02-06-2019

I haven't known you as any position lower than admin, so it's going to feel really weird seeing you without a red name! Thank you for your years of service.

RE: I'm retiring as admin - Yoshin - 02-06-2019

It was good havin ya'

RE: I'm retiring as admin - Thunderbro - 02-06-2019

Thank you for your hard work and of course the best of luck as you continue with your career.

RE: I'm retiring as admin - The Dark Warrior - 02-06-2019

thanks for your service to mfgg for many years.

RE: I'm retiring as admin - GamerInGeorgia - 02-06-2019

You more than deserve retirement. You've worked really hard. Thank you for all that you've done for this community.

RE: I'm retiring as admin - Shadow Administrator Drei - 02-07-2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl5ljaNNu7I

RE: I'm retiring as admin - Beatrice - 02-07-2019

I've only been in this community for a year or so, and you've been a really cool dude. Thank you for your dedication to this place, and the best of luck IRL.

RE: I'm retiring as admin - Hyper - 02-07-2019

Vinny and I joined MFGG around the same year. I don't know much about VinnyVideo until I remembered the day when VinnyVideo became the staff before the split. He has done a lot of great things that shaped the community. However there may be some hiccups on the way but he stayed the most neutral and level headed approach. To be fair, many years ago, the naive Hypernova (formerly known as Saturn or Supernova) idols Vinny due to way he paints himself in a professional image.

Thank you for your service and god speed VinnyVideo!

I contineiu report you're mistake grammar DJ Coco know.

RE: I'm retiring as admin - Honey Saucer Gengar - 02-07-2019

Thanks for making this website great!  Thumbs Up Tired

RE: I'm retiring as admin - Damarioman - 02-07-2019

Everything changes at some point eh? Ah well. I bid to you, Vinny, only the best of luck now and in all your future endeavours!

RE: I'm retiring as admin - HylianDev - 02-07-2019

[Image: zelda-ocarina-of-time-0014.jpg]

The end of an era. One of the best eras of my life so far.

I hope everything is well from here on out! We'll miss you for sure.

RE: I'm retiring as admin - Syaxamaphone - 02-07-2019

Are you still sticking around to do QC?

RE: I'm retiring as admin - Neweegee - 02-07-2019

It's kinda sad to see you retire as an Admin, but I understand what it's like to not have time for a lot of things anymore. You've ultimately done way more than enough for this site anyway, so you do deserve a rest from it after all these years.

I haven't been around quite as much as other people here, but I'm glad I had the chance to meet you.
Not only were you a nice person and supportive to people around you, but you've always seemed to keep a more level headed and down-to-earth approach to things; Definitively the traits of a leader. I can't think of anything else that hasn't already been said by others, but thanks for all you've done, Vinny!

RE: I'm retiring as admin - Pedigree - 02-07-2019

TTFN

RE: I'm retiring as admin - Mario - 02-07-2019

Everybody's time comes sometime.

RE: I'm retiring as admin - Q-Nova - 02-07-2019

Thanks for what you've done as an admin, VinnyVideo! I know you have helped me out quite a lot when it comes to making games and being on MFGG, such as beta-testing Battle in the Future and Go! Go! Gooble!!. As Langton said, I've been on MFGG seeing you with a red name for the whole time, so it's probably gonna take some time getting used to seeing you without a red name.

Good luck in your life, and I shall remember what good you've done as a staff member! Smile

RE: I'm retiring as admin - Mors - 02-07-2019

You've done an great job as an admin and it will be sad to see you go, but I completely understand your situation.

Good luck and thanks for everything you've done for this community!

RE: I'm retiring as admin - CuteYoshiGirl - 02-07-2019

Best of luck Vinny!

RE: I'm retiring as admin - VinnyVideo - 02-07-2019

Thanks for the warm wishes everyone!

(02-07-2019, 02:04 AM)Hypernova Wrote: I don't know much about VinnyVideo until I remembered the day when VinnyVideo became the staff before the split.
Actually, I first became staff about a year after The Split, right before DJ Yoshiman stepped down. Gotta get the Timeline of Vinny right!

(02-07-2019, 11:05 AM)HylianDev Wrote: [Zelda 64 Sheik quote]

The end of an era. One of the best eras of my life so far.

I hope everything is well from here on out! We'll miss you for sure.
Don't make Vinny cry!

(02-07-2019, 11:41 AM)Syaxamaphone Wrote: Are you still sticking around to do QC?
I'll discuss this with the new guard, but I might keep my QC access just in case I need to fix a bug in the mainsite system.

@Q-Nova If you ever need help with future beta testing, please feel free to give me a buzz!

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.